main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO [SOC] The Otaku Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Side_Otaku, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Side_Otaku

Dark_Side_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2004
    I thought I would start this up for those of us interested in Anime, Manga, or just Japanese culture in general.

Well, I just started watching Excel Saga the other night and, woooo.... This show is crazy! The opening song is one of the best anime openings I've ever heard. Good show. Might buy the set. Any thoughts?

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i want to watch more anime. i really like japanese stuff most of the time. plus i really like the culture too.

and scott is going to get stationed there. we might have an inside on stuff over there. need to find out where hes going to be at.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Haven't seen that one yet.

I've been trying to keep up with Full Metal Alchemist, and I'm totally hooked on Stand Alone Complex -- I'll definitely be buying that set. :D

4. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Haven't even seen the original GITS. Is it any good?

5. deathlikescats

deathlikescats Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    To Quote from Aqua Teen Hunger Force "It's Freakin' Awsome". You'll like it, no matter what type of anime you like normally, cus it's just that damn good. But enough raving about the movie ^_^

I'm also very into the Full Metal Alchemist. I have up through ep 33 on my comp, subbed, and am slowly collecting more from a buddy in SD. It's interesting to see how the English voice actors deal with the situations int he series. And if you think it's gotten interesting so far, you've seen nothing yet!

Anyone have naruto episodes that I could borrow? Have been wanting to See it, but don't know anyone who has any.

6. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Well, I did it. I bought the Excel Saga Imperfect collection.

<sigh>

No wonder I'm broke all the time, no will power.

7. Dark_Side_Otaku

Nov 27, 2004
    Excel Saga is cool. Highly recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.