main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The RMFF Insomniac Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm in. Fun night ahead. :)

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    im here also. im really going to try and do homework tonight. oooohhhh. click.

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    no homework done. again. but sleep is calling to me. night all.

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
  5. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm here, but don't expect to be around much. It's been really busy here and tomorrow will be no different.

Oh well, that's what they're paying me for, right?

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm here, but tonight's going to be a rough one. I've been up since 5am and get to be here until 5am, and the kidses are sick, so now I'm fighting a cold. Oh. Joy. [face_plain]

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Well, you better get over it before Wed.... No way are you getting me sick... :mad: Took me three months to get over my last cold :(

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    As long as I can get some real sleep tomorrow, I should get better. I just feel like garbage tonight. But I haven't been sleeping well on drill weekends.

Being back in the Navy, even if only for weekend drills is bringing back long forgotten memories. Stuff I'd totally forgotten about. So I don't sleep as well. That and the whole mid shift body clock thing while trying to sleep at night again....

or something like that.....

9. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    ya know

I am very very tired, had a long weekend. Bill can attest to how exhausted I was when he picked up the costume earlier today

well, at 7 the boys wanted to go to the bar so I agreed to watch the 4 year old and the 2 year old for an hour

they are still at the bar

they left their cell phones here

the 4 year old will not fall asleep

<bangs head on desk>

lol

but the 2 year old fell asleep after 30 minutes of howling everytime I tried to put him down, thankfully my friend was over as well to do all the things that required 2 hands

lol

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm so sorry, becca. No fun. It almost sounds like most of the phone calls I get from Mellisa at night. Trying to put a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 10 month old is sometimes a test of patience.

Is it OK to give your kids adult ny-quil to get them to go to sleep? ;) [face_devil]

Just kidding. I'd only give them kid's ny-quil. ;) :p

Good luck, Becca.

11. PROP_TART

PROP_TART Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    (sorry, double post)

12. PROP_TART

PROP_TART Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    you give them kids nyquil?

LOL!

i take sleep pills sometimes(such as tonite)

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    not usually. I'm tempted sometimes, though. ;) And I'm sure Mellisa does sometimes.

14. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    ok

after 4 potty runs

3 runs for more ice
    10 kisses

and who knows how many hugs

they are finally asleep

poor things are getting over colds so it sounds like an earthquake with all the snoring goin oon in the living room

lol

but the 4 year old told me I was his special friend=)

Bill, try to survive the night intact=)

I am going to try and sleep

15. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Well, if yall have nothing else to do, feel free to look over my Boettcher essay. I'll probably be up another hour putting the finishing touches on it, even though I'm getting sick and really, really, really want to go to sleep. :(

Ashleigh Allen
    Overland High School

The Silver Lining

As I glance at the eclectic pieces of sliver, fleece, beige, and aluminum lying in various states of disarray around me, I am struck by how unusual this hobby may seem to others. When it comes to being a part of the in-crowd, I always seem to miss the boat. Or am I just crossing a different river? In elementary school, my friends signed up for soccer while I took dance lessons. They played board games while I cracked open a new book. They were semi-conscious of fashion in middle school while I dressed in baggy clothes emblazoned with Star Wars characters. I suppose that?s were this began. I begin affixing shiny silver foil around strips of paper milk cartons, while evidence of the recently spray-painted shin-guards resides on my nose. My creation is nearly complete.

Nearly three years ago, I allied myself with an internet-based Star Wars fan group, appropriately named the Rocky Mountain Fan Force, (RMFF). By nature, I?m very quiet and reserved. The RMFF, in contrast, breeds a boisterous, animated gathering. As the youngest member, I sometimes feel a bit out of place, but my confidence has strengthened with each meeting. Many members of the group, (myself included), enjoy costuming as a hobby, and frequently create outfits based on the characters in George Lucas? Star Wars trilogies. Currently, my pride and joy resembles Padmé?s white outfit from Attack of the Clones, which I lovingly created from scratch.

Often, we put our costumes to good use. They are present at many local events, such as midnight movie openings, and the annual St. Patrick?s Day Parade. We also volunteer our time with organizations such as the Kempe Foundation, and the Children?s Hospital. I really feel a sense of accomplishment when we appear at charity functions. It?s amazing how a passion for science fiction has turned into a hobby that has helped me realize the reward of helping others.

My most rewarding expedition is the trip to the Children?s Hospital. The visit took place near the end of October, so we brought trick-or-treating to them. We went room to room; visiting and handing out candy and trinkets. Some kids weren?t well enough to acknowledge us, however many showed delight at the sight of Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and the multitude of lightsabers. Despite my participation as an entertainer, the reality of the situation struck me deeply. Many children were sick enough to merit bed-rest; lying in pain when they should be out enjoying their childhood. This revelation reaffirmed my goal of researching for possible cures. Hopefully my work can help children in the future.

Although costuming may sound like an unusual craft, it?s different, distinct, and strangely satisfying. The experiences I partake in (or witness) while incognito will accompany and help guide me throughout my life. Perhaps they will even nudge me in a new direction. After all, I do have a history of marching to the beat of a different drummer.

;)

*SB*

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Well said. Very well said. :D

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Best of luck on those!

Me... I'm going to try to get some sleep, and maybe stop being nauseous :( [face_sick] Probably the pizza from youth group, but who knows anymore :p

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Heh, you're just getting old. :p

So am I. I'm going to be 30 in December. Ack!!!

19. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    When in Dec, OB? I'm somewhere near the middle. I forget exactly. ;) 23 for me this year. And darnit, I'm not planning my own b-day festivities. Whatever they may be. :D

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    10th. 2 weeks before Christmas, which sucked as a kid. Right in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and everyone was always having Christmas parties and it was hard to get in a good b-day party. :(

It'll be worse for my daughter, she's on the 27th.

And I have a friend whose birthday is Christmas day. In elementary school, he's do his party in July, just so he'd actually get presents. [face_laugh]

So which day is your birthday? Or do I have to go to the website to find out? ;) :p

Mwahahaha. I can thank ZOO and her birthday thread. Maybe we'll do something in December as a joing B-Day, Christmas thing. We'll have to see..... [face_devil]

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I see that Phantom of the Opera comes out in theaters on Christmas. I will have to see this. Maybe not that day, but that will be a must see for me. :D

22. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I'm on the 15th. Ten days before christmas, right when people are realizing they still have x-number of people to shop for. lol

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    We'll have to try and make something happen. I don't know what the group's December plans are, but maybe we'll do a sledding/snowball fight (or ice skating?) or something. Heh, snow is coming. Oh yes, snow is coming. [face_devil]

We'll figure something out, I'm sure. ;)

24. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Hope you two have fun either way. One of my friend's has her birthday on Halloween. That would get old.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Back up and awake again. Well not really awake. I only slept for about 5 hours, woke up because of the noise and wind. So I played a lot of Battlefront, then took a 1 hour nap. So I'm back up for the night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.