main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by dante144, Nov 18, 2016.

1. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Lets discuss get togethers and parties.

The 501st bash is on Saturday. I plan on crashing that one again. They throw a great party. Others may want another option since it is $100 or so to get in.

Celebration usually throws a general party on one of the nights, usually included with admission to the convention.

Anyone want to do a happy hour meet up? The Regency and Rosen Center have pretty large bar areas

Hot tub hang out anyone?

I found a great karaoke bar on I-Drive. I was thinking that if anyone got there earlier in the week we could Star Wars that place up.

What do you think of these options?

Do you have any ideas for social events?

2. GaelTrooper

GaelTrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2016
    Any other "skywalkers" who love Skywalking through Neverland here?! Since I haven't been to a celebration yet, I may be wrong, but I believe Sarah and Richard throw an ice cream social on the opening night or maybe Thursday or Friday night? I know it's too early to be posted on their website at this point, but we (me, my sister & her husband) plan on going.
    Mmmm chocolate ice cream! And fellow space freaks - yeh!

3. GaelTrooper

GaelTrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2016
    Ok maybe Sarah & Richard aren't throwing the Willrow Hoods Run ice cream social (not sure who does actually) themselves, but last year they were there.

4. dante144

May 26, 2005
    Sounds good. Please keep us informed.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm really looking forward to the 501st bash. It sounds like it's going to be a great time. Weird Al playing the part is just a bonus. I wanted to stay closer but we ended up going with the Hawthorn Suite across the high way since the suite came with a kitchen. It's a short Uber or bus ride away from the convention center but I don't see that being an issue. Plus we will have our car too.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The Willrow Hood Ice cream social in Anaheim was a 501st/Rebel Legion event, at least the one I went to, but maybe there were more than one?

I skipped on the bash. I'm hoping to hang out with people I only meet every second year or so, and I can do that anywhere I don't need to be in a nightclub for that.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree about not needing the nightclub for that. I'm super excited to see people I haven't seen in years. I can't wait for the schedule to come out to plan some pool time too.

8. dante144

May 26, 2005
    Nightclub? Is that where the bash is this year? The Bash in Anaheim was muy excelente and was in a hotel ball room! I hope this one is similarly great.

9. dante144

May 26, 2005
    Ah, I see. It is also in a hotel this year. In my hotel. Yay!

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Even if it's a private thing, the mood will definitely be more of a night club.

Well too bad they moved the bash from the Rosen, it was great just hanging around outside the doors and meeting up with people who went in and out.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I was told it was the Rosen was already booked so they had to move it.

12. dante144

May 26, 2005
    The Regency is fine. I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing at their ball room. Might even be fancier.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, I agree there, it's just that it was so practical to be in the same hotel. In general I would say hanging around in the bars at the closest hotels usually means you have a chance of meeting up with a lot of people and have fun, even if you don't have anything special planned or paid for.

14. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    My best friend and I are staying by Universal. We have tix to the 501 but plan on hitting the karaoke at City Walk if anyone wants to join us.

dante144 likes this.
  15. dante144

May 26, 2005
    Also , you never know who may be hanging out [​IMG] http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101425761439492

16. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    Carrie Fisher, Just had a HEART Attack on a flight from LONDON to LOS ANGELES.Please keep her in your Prayers. [face_love] M T F B W HER[face_praying]

17. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    RIP - Rest IN PEACE CARRIE we will MISS YOU.:_|[face_sick]

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    She will be missed. :(

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I just got done working back to back double at work. My wife told me this morning at breakfast. Super sad, I can remember being 7 and racing home everyday to see if Jedi was on HBO after school. Just like a lot of guys my age Princess Leia was my first crush. My mom always used to tease me about it. I hope they have a really nice tribute to Carrie at Celebration.

20. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Agree! She was my first crush too!

Oh.. Legends of Tomorrow fans! They just announced the casting of a young George Lucas! Storyline is a young George quits film school thus erasing SW and Raiders. The Legends go back to fix this! AWESOME

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
  22. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It'd be funny if you could add some Mickey Mouse ears to the helmet.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Maybe, I'll hit up one of those road side gift places they have everywhere down there.

24. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Check out the pic in this tweet from the Star Wars Celebration Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/SW_Celebration/status/819997938629963776

25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006