main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Solitude of a Desert Hermit: The Diary of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Exile

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi_Kenobi_Devotee, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Title: Solitude of a Desert Hermit: The Diary of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Exile
    Author: Obi_Kenobi_Devotee
    Timeframe: Right after ROTS.
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi...and whichever characters show up later.
    Genre:Comedy, Adventure, Drama
    Summery: Obi-Wan finds a data pad and decides to document his life out on the border of the Dune Sea...
    Notes: For the Dear Diary Challenge, 2009. I haven't written a story in forever, let alone a Star Wars fanfiction, so please bear that in mind as you read. Obi-Wan will most likely be slightly OOC, but this is a comedy after all. Oh, I should probably mention right now that Obi-torture is a favorite past time of mine...
    Disclaimer: Note the "fan" in "fanfiction."

Solitude of a Desert Hermit: The Diary of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Exile

Day 1 Data Entry #1
    I found this ancient looking data pad amongst some of the former occupants possessions?tattered clothes, broken weapons, and quite a few nearly empty bags of spice. I?m starting to wonder why exactly said former occupant left his, now my, humble abode. He would have had a fairly easy time here as a Drug Lord, what with the close (I use the term loosely) vicinity of several hives of scum and villainy?or whatever it was that he did for a living.
    On second thought, I wonder if he left on his own accord at all or? but it won?t help my life here any, imagining an untimely death out on the dunes. Force knows I almost met an end like that this evening as I set off from the Lars residence. Who knew that you could catch heat stroke in the dead of night?

Day 2 Data Entry #2
    I found afore mentioned former occupant. It appears as though the man I bought this small hut from failed to mention that he hadn?t removed the poor soul from the refresher where he found him. Guess what I get to do today?

Note: I hope you enjoyed it so far!

2. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    poor Obi...:( interesting how you write it. can't wait to see more

3. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    *Dead body removal*
    Poor Obi!
    This is good. Keep it up!

4. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    I wanted to add another entry to this post, but with school and work I just don't have the time at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to updating again before too long.

Day 2 Data Entry #3
    I wonder that in all my various missions to hundreds of different planets, I never had the opportunity to attempt to dig a six foot deep hole in the sand before. Not that I have, I don?t think I ever want to again. How could I have gone all my life without being prepared for such an odious task?
    I?m almost positive that sand has a mind of its own. Every time I had a decent sized hole, it would start to cave in on itself. At one point I almost gave up, contemplating just leaving the hole at two feet, regardless of the wild beasts nearby. I thought better of it, and with the help of the Force, I was able to keep the blasted sand retained long enough. I hate such frivolous use of the Force, but in this situation it just couldn?t be helped.
    But it is finally finished, and I can now start the no doubt several hour cleaning up process as a result of digging in the sand for four hours straight. I can feel the sand caked in my hair. I don?t think I have felt this dirty since?

Data entry ended, idle time elapsed.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the humor. Sand with a mind of its own[face_laugh]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This looks great! Please PM me when you update.

[face_laugh] =D=

7. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Day 3 Data Entry #4
    Whatever I had in mind for my life here, however boring and monotonous I thought it would be?well, it has been far from it thus far. I spent the entire day in search of my eopie, who apparently wondered off sometime during the night. I finally found him on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. How he had wondered that far without water, I?m not sure. He gave me a great deal of trouble on the way back... I?m no great master of the Living Force, nor am I an expert on the needs and doings of obscure desert animals. That was Qui-Gon?s forte. He always had some strange, pathetic life-form hanging around for one reason or another. I recall one instance when I awoke with a fluffy looking wamp rat like creature nestled around my neck. If I recall correctly, I suffered from a very uncomfortable rash for some time after that. Then again, my memory may be getting hazy already. The desert heat does seem to be affecting me?

8. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Day 5 Data Entry #5

I made the long, hot journey to the Lars? homestead this morning, in hopes of being able to visit with Owen and discuss my quiet role in Luke?s life. After a several hour ride I?m afraid my poor eopie, Eopie or Opie for short (it seemed like an appropriate name), was very tired, and I wasn?t exactly feeling chipper myself. Needless to say, when I arrived at the homestead I was expecting at least a bit of a welcome from the Lars?. I did, after all, bring them a child. You would think that I would receive some sort of thanks. I was shocked, however, to find the entire place deserted. There was a rather shoty looking droid hanging about one of the moisture vaporators, but other than that there wasn?t a life-form to be felt for miles. I patrolled the area for what must have been a good two standard hours, and I continually checked the buildings for any sign of a struggle or break in. I wondered for a time if the Emperor could possibly have found out about Luke so soon?
    I was just about to go storming off into the desert with Eopie and my lightsaber when a small dot appeared on the horizon. Beru had taken young Luke to the nearest space port to do some much needed shopping (baby clothes, diapers?those sorts of things. I assume, anyway?I?m a novice when it comes to babies). She apologized for having worried me, but I?m not sure she knew exactly how long I had been waiting. Beru did offer me something to drink and asked me to watch Luke for a few minutes while she took care of her groceries, but she made it rather obvious that it would be best to be gone before Owen returned from work. I?ll have to investigate that at some point. What can Owen Lars possibly have against me?

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Great work! Obi really has a hard life. Having to wait for Beru and Luke who went shopping:p
    Add me to your PM list please?[face_praying]

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I was just about to go storming off into the desert with Eopie and my lightsaber when a small dot appeared on the horizon. Beru had taken young Luke to the nearest space port to do some much needed shopping (baby clothes, diapers?those sorts of things. I assume, anyway?I?m a novice when it comes to babies). She apologized for having worried me, but I?m not sure she knew exactly how long I had been waiting. Beru did offer me something to drink and asked me to watch Luke for a few minutes while she took care of her groceries, but she made it rather obvious that it would be best to be gone before Owen returned from work. I?ll have to investigate that at some point. What can Owen Lars possibly have against me?

That's a good question! :p

11. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    I like how you've managed to incorperate humour. My diary is similar- a survivor of the Purge, only mines an OC Padawan who has to take care of a Force-sensitive kid. Please read?

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Needless to say, when I arrived at the homestead I was expecting at least a bit of a welcome from the Lars?. I did, after all, bring them a child.

Oh, yes, <nods head sagely> that surely deserves a welcome and a cool drink at least.

More?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.