main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Solo’s 58% RT & 5.6 Metascore an indicator of just untrustworthy the TLJ scores there were?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    @Ender_and_Bean , I do believe you have a point... BUT!

I still feel that the massive success of both TFA (which I believe you know I think was a more progressive movie than TLJ) and Black Panther (which I think everyone should agree was more progressive, period) and the way both those films packed away complaints from the Alt-Right into laughable punchlines would imply that TLJ's backlash was larger from the non-politically motivated fanboys. In another post somewhere on this forum, I pointed out that if we consider BP negative audience scores (the 21% of down votes that made its score be 79%) to be *entirely* the alt-right's work, than we'd have to face the fact that the 46% score on RT, even with a very generous reading of possible Alt-Right interference using the BP score as a hypothetical worst case scenario, is still going to be well below Fresh, and that's presupposing that RT's score wasn't skewed more by angry non-political fanboys and fangirls who heard about the intial argument, and proceeded to non-politically bomb the score. RT is still the outlier in terms of the audience scores, being significantly lower than its contemporaries, but it's also the only one that got massively publicized, and of course, it's math system is radically different from Cinemascore and IMDB; in the same way that I'm sure some of those positive critic and audience scores are probably more along the lines of "adequately good" than "truly great," making it somewhat easier to get a positive score across the board, the ease of a negative review stream makes RT more schizophrenic.

I also have to admit that I feel that the Alt-Right, even using conspiracy powers, is massively outnumbered by their enemies. And I feel like those enemies would mount a counterattack capable of elevating TLJ *at least* above 50% if they had the will to do so... But they haven't, and I think that's partially because TLJ does not make a good martyr for progressive/humanitarian ideals, especially when it still has quite apparent sexism and racism throughout, even if it seems totally and innocently unintentional.

So while I think it's possible that the Alt Right got involved, and caused an early spike towards the negative, I think the sheer numbers they would require to keep that number down would render their plan a failure, while fanboys and fangirls hearing about it would actually power it below 50%. Now, if we're going with the idea that this would mean the Alt-Right managed to get a discussion section going their way through a combination of early-attacks and luck, I could see that. But again, I think the majority of the backlash is unaffiliated with their goals. At worst, they've managed to cloak their attacks behind an actual backlash, one which they can't control but is easy for them to reinterpret for their followers.

The risk is them using the backlash for their message, not them using their message to trigger the backlash. Which also means it's very susceptible to being crushed if IX is a quality popular movie that's blatantly progressive.

(PS, having just read the post above, I feel I should make it clear my personal political context is that of a idealist Christian and pragmatic capitalist who finds himself opposed to the current wave of conservativism. I personally think that the party I used to vote for until 2016 got pulled to the crazy zone by a man of highly dubious spiritual, moral, and intellectual character, and that his emotional appeals lack Christian compassion *or* worldly wisdom and mark him as a demagogue, so I understand the righteous anger at the Alt Right hijacking a message.)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Cave of Erised likes this.
  2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Good post and thanks for sharing it. A lot of people on the Right tend to hide that aspect online in the hopes of better presenting that it had no impact whatsoever on their opinion and given what we know of the left/right divide not only in America but in the UK and Australia where Star Wars is most popular... it's conceivable to imagine that Star Wars has always had a fairly significant contingent of its fandom that was right wing, or grew older and identified that way, who didn't see Star Wars as particularly liberal growing up for reasons potentially related to the magic of nostalgia but also because I agree with you that it was less overt in the Lucas-directed films.

Truly, it is rare for a studio of this size, cultivating massive audiences around the world, to deliberately choose to explore concepts that might not play so well with as much as 30-40% of the population. That's something seen more frequently in Sundance films or smaller movies. Marvel, for example, tries to stay out of a lot of these topics entirely. They're only now branching off into non-white male heroic leads and I haven't heard any Marvel films being considered anti-capitalistic, animal rights, feminist, anti-man, SJW, etc. Tony Stark is presented as a white hero of wealth and leadership who built his fortune selling guns to the good guys and the bad for a time. The exact type of person that TLJ showed as a new enemy for example.

My interest in trying to better separate the largely political hatred from the more singularly focused hatred on the choices around Luke and/or Rey's lineage is to better understand what's occurring within the fandom in order to better project Star Wars and its future moving forward. At a certain point, if Lucasfilm decides not to allow the box office impact of a boycott from the Right to affect how they tell stories in the future I imagine that eventually those same people on the Right will tire and move on. That would then open up the audience reviews more. If even 10-15% of the review bombing is politically motivated and slowly moves away that would still have a huge impact on audience perception. Similarly, if even 10-15% of the review bombing is politically motivated that aspect may be of less interest to anyone who's less concerned about politics overall or who is left of center and get a better idea of what remains.

Another good post.

I think there's some confusion on the part of some who seem to think that I believe that the political hate for TLJ outnumbered the non-political hate. I do not think that's the case. I agree with you. I think it's a smaller part of the hate coalition against the film and one that I'm very curiously trying to pin point. Solo helps to a certain extent. Especially since it's IMDB scores are almost identical to TLJ's.

I've said it before but I think there are notable differences between the circumstances of TFA, Black Panther and TLJ.

1) TFA's critics on the right were mostly only concerned over diversity and their initial SJW complaints felt extreme and from the fringe.

2) As RO featured another female lead and a more diverse cast I noticed a small increase in SJW complaints online in comments sections and more questions of, "Will all of the movies feature women in the leads and non-white supporting casts?" These kinds of things start with a few angry hecklers and then grow from there.

3) TLJ though was the big one that seemingly made it clear to a lot of even moderate conservatives that this was not just some theory from the fringe. They felt TLJ was an attack on capitalism, on weapons, promoted animal rights, veganism, feminism, and attacked masculinity as toxic. The frequency of articles claiming Star Wars was SJW propaganda exploded and retroactively I suspect that some of the angriest have already started reassessing TFA and RO simply because they now view all of new Star Wars as propaganda against something they value.

4) Black Panther comes off more like a Tyler Perry film, or Kings of Comedy cultural phenomenon that doesn't directly attack them, doesn't feature a black person romancing a white woman to offend them, so it's something that they don't have to be worked up over and can just as easily turn a blind eye to entirely the same way they do Tyler Perry movies, or the Kings of Comedy specials, or BET on cable TV. Segregation, after all, for a lot of racists (including dog whistle racists who don't think they're racists) is what they find most comfortable. I don't think there's anyone who doubts that Black Panther likely pulled in the largest POC audience for a marvel film ever and if that's the case then one can likely assume that a sizable amount of white people did not go to see it at all or else the combination of a record POC audience combining with a record white audience would have had it eclipsing 2 billion at the box office. Put simply, I think the kinds of people who write SJW all over the comments sections for TLJ did not go to see Black Panther at all and read up a little on what it was about and saw that it didn't really feature interracial romance or any really overt message that white people were all the enemy and because of those things they mostly stayed away. I emphasize mostly because I do think that Black Panther was still review bombed on RT and Metacritic a little by the lowest of the low. But did they do it as often as TLJ? I'm not so sure and the reason is simple. They didn't grow up with Black Panther. These same people feel Star Wars is being taken away from them by a liberal agenda meant to "infect their kids" and that's a very different thing that's bringing out far more anger and effort to downvote.

I also agree with you that part of the problem for TLJ is that despite what the Right has said about the film as some big propaganda piece... the Left don't seem to feel the same way and it isn't seen as some important political film of significance that needs to be defended on those terms. In fact, I'd argue that more on the left probably made a point to leave a good review for Black Panther for that reason because the significance of the film and the discussions on how some wanted to bring it down felt more personal and worthy of combat against.

godisawesome likes this.
  3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Solo is now at 62% for the audience so up 4% since this thread started and up to 62 on Metascore with a 6.0 User Score.

Yeah that 33 million is bonkers. They should fix that. Even 681,253 would be high so what is going on there?

4. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Yeah. I've noticed that. I think Solo clearly shows the value of having the hardcore fandom on your side. The hardcore fandom is passionate enough to go through the process of reviewing and either defending or attacking something they feel passionate about. They're over-represented in the sample in comparison to the general audience through this passion. The same thing has happened in the Synder films.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

Those audience scores are all the efforts of the DC hardcore community.

Solo was made for the hardcore fans first and we are seeing them rally to its support and combating the more politically minded who were hoping to tank it more. This will give us a better idea in the end of the group that TLJ angered who were not politically motivated, IMO, in comparison to those who were on RT. Especially since the IMDB scores of the two films are nearly identical.

godisawesome likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this time, the gap between the critics and the fans make the fan score seem much more credible. We'll see how it develops over the next few weekends.

MS1 likes this.
  6. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Wrong thread.

7. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    IMDB provides the best date so we can work back from that.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3778644/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

75% of IMDB voters (52,000 person sample so far) see Solo as a 7 out of 10 movie or better.
    11.1% of IMDB voters voted it as a 6/10 film.
    Therefore 14% of the 52,000 IMDB voters hated SOLO and would rate it 5 or less (Rotten)

74% of IMDB voters (383,000 person sample so far) saw TLJ as a 7 out of 10 movie or better.
    10.8% of IMDB voters it as a 6/10 film.
    Therefore 15% of the 383,000 IMDB voters hated TLJ and would rate it 5 or less (Rotten)

62% of RT audience score voters see Solo as fresh.
    38% of RT audience score voters see Solo as Rotten.

47% of RT audience score voters saw TLJ as fresh.
    53% of RT audience score voters saw TLJ as Rotten.

Given that IMDB has the larger sample of voters overall and is generally more representative of film fans worldwide and less the target of motivated bombing efforts I believe it's safe to assume that RT is overrepresented by the most motivated to review bomb and less representative of the general audience overall.

If Solo should be closer to 75% from the audience as represented on IMDB, and we know that it has larger hardcore support than TLJ did, then we can use it to try and get an approximate estimate of the politically motivated who may be trying to review bomb both films on RT and split that out from the large sample of hardcore fans who like Solo and didn't like TLJ.

If we combine IMDB’s 6/10 scores for both films into rotten to bring Solo to 25% rotten on IMDB and TLJ up to 26% rotten on IMDB we see big differences there (due toIMO oversampling of the angriest and most motivated to Target RT).

A 13% rotten difference for Solo.
    A 27% rotten difference for TLJ.

Based on this I’m proposing that roughly a 14% oversampling of political hate among the negative reviews on RT for both Solo and TLJ beyond the general public data on IMDB. I believe this is visually supported by more SJW or anti liberal comments observed on RT overall.

If there was some truth to that oversampled it would mean that in the absence of the politically motivated Solo would be closer to being above 75% audience score on RT and that TLJ would be hovering closer to the 60% audience score mark.

I’ve seen the closer to 40% against split in the areas that include the most hardcore fans before. This would mean that RT itself was also oversampled by members of the hardcore fandom at the expense of the more general audience data observed on IMDB.

In short, RT seems to be oversampled slightly by both the hardcore fandom, who are more open to change if they like the films (liking Solo in higher numbers overall than TLJ for example) and the politically angry who may be more intent to review bomb even without seeing movies at all.

8. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    The way I see it, there is undeniable evidence that far right groups are in fact review bombing the Disney era movies, mainly TLJ.

We live in a time or political turmoil and within a pendulum shift towards left and right all over the world. North and South America, Europe, etc. Example: a journalist writer for a mainstream magazine here in my country that is known for being ultra anti-left wrote a negative review for TLJ on the magazine based on how much he hated vegan Chewbacca and the characterization of the FO as blue eyed white people and the Resistance as alians, asians and latinos. That is directly related to the moment we are living here. A political turmoil that has been going for the last 5 or 6 years. At the time of the prequels, there were indeed negative reviews, but not negative reviews based on an anti left agenda. So, the world being in a polarized state right now is something that weighs in on the matter.

Besides, we have a fully conected social media world. The internet and social media allows people to make their voices heard, weather you agree with them or not. Youtube comments, forums, twitter, instagram. They're all plataforms for opinions and world views. So people that in the past couldn't spread their reviews of an work of art now they're able to do it.

The recipe for review bombing is at the table. A politically polarized world (maybe second only to the Cold War era) + Social Media.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't think the review bombing is what made TLJ have the numbers it had, neither Solo. TLJ is definetely a divise movie. It's a deconstructed version of Star Wars. So the question comes in: Is a deconstructed version of Star Wars good Star Wars? That's what made it so divisive. It's not light x dark as it used to be. It gave Star Wars a grey area. It killed Luke Skywalker and portrayed him in a way that even made Mark Hammil feel insecure. And some people just didn't connect with the plot.

I am a leftist. Americans will call me liberal or progressive, I don't know. All I wanted to say with this long post is that I am sure that right extremists are review bombing the movie, but that's not the sole reason to why TLJ has those numbers. I like The Last Jedi, because for me it took Star Wars in unexpected territory. But I get that people may not like it. Some of my best friends hated it. And I'm ok with that.

As for Solo, I do believe it is suffering some residual backlash from the extreme right groups, but not as much. RT scores are undeniably affected by political bias, but we also have to remind ourselves that we are dealing with Star Wars here. It is the most hardcore loved movie franchise of all time. We have a 20 year unfinished debate on weather the PT is good or not. Now the ST and Anthology movies make their way into the battlefield. Star Wars is a sacred religion to a lot of people and the whole Disney takeover and the way TLJ divided the fanbase is also a reason that may cause RT scores flutuation.

9. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    IMDB provides the best date so we can work back from that.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3778644/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

75% of IMDB voters (52,000 person sample so far) see Solo as a 7 out of 10 movie or better.
    11.1% of IMDB voters voted it as a 6/10 film.
    Therefore 14% of the 52,000 IMDB voters hated SOLO and would rate it 5 or less (Rotten)

74% of IMDB voters (383,000 person sample so far) saw TLJ as a 7 out of 10 movie or better.
    10.8% of IMDB voters it as a 6/10 film.
    Therefore 15% of the 383,000 IMDB voters hated TLJ and would rate it 5 or less (Rotten)

62% of RT audience score voters see Solo as fresh.
    38% of RT audience score voters see Solo as Rotten.

47% of RT audience score voters saw TLJ as fresh.
    53% of RT audience score voters saw TLJ as Rotten.

Given that IMDB has the larger sample of voters overall and is less often the target of public bombing campaigns (potentially as a result of the review process for reviews and authentication there) and lack of insta feedback I see it as slightly more representative of the general audience. It also shows us age demos and that some women did see these films. Something that you wouldn’t find scrolling through hundreds of RT reviews (I know because I did!).

I believe it's safe to assume that RT is overrepresented by the most motivated to review bomb and less representative of the general audience overall.

If Solo should be closer to 75% from the audience as represented on IMDB, and we know that it has larger hardcore support than TLJ did, then we can use it to try and get an approximate estimate of the politically motivated who may be trying to review bomb both films on RT and split that out from the large sample of hardcore fans who like Solo and didn't like TLJ.

If we combine IMDB’s 6/10 scores for both films into rotten to bring Solo to 25% rotten on IMDB and TLJ up to 26% rotten on IMDB we still see big differences there (due to the oversampling of the angriest and most motivated to Target RT).

A 13% rotten difference for Solo.
    A 27% rotten difference for TLJ.

Based on this I’m proposing that roughly a 14% oversampling of political hate among the negative reviews on RT for both Solo and TLJ beyond the more general public data on IMDB. This doesn’t mean that the IMDB data doesn’t also include the politically motivated hate. Just that I believe RT May contain a 14% oversampling above that. I believe this is visually supported by more SJW or anti liberal comments observed on RT overall.

If there was some truth to that oversampling it would mean that in the absence of the politically motivated Solo would be closer to being the same 75% audience score on RT that it is on IMDB and that TLJ would be hovering closer to the 60% audience score mark. Why still so low for TLJ even with the politically motivated sample reduced? More hardcore fans hate TLJ than Solo overall.

I’ve seen this closer to 40%-45% against TLJ in the areas that include the most hardcore fans before. On this site and others. This would mean that RT itself was also oversampled by members of the hardcore fandom at the expense of the more general audience. How much might it be oversampled by? Potentially as much as 13%.

In short, RT seems to be oversampled slightly by both the hardcore fandom, who are more open to changing their opinions of Lucasfilm offerings on a case by case basis if they like the films (liking Solo in higher numbers overall than TLJ for example) and the politically angry who likely will not and who may be more intent to review bomb even without seeing movies at all.

I also believe these “adjusted” looks at RT are closer to data observed in @MagnarTheGreat ’s table in both the means observed there and the truncated means observed there when removing the highest and lowest grades and doing the averages from what remains (commonly used in the Olympics).

10. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    The only thing I have gotten out of this is that hardcore fans are the key factor to prevent Star Wars films from collapsing into some alt-right campaign review bombing. They prevented Solo from suffering the same fate as TLJ, and they likely did so with Rogue One and TFA's audience reception. It's when TLJ alienated a good chunk of them that this collation collapsed and the audience rating plummeted below the 50 threshold.

As for IMDB, I decided to simply check the user reviews and based on how people find the review to be useful, I would never guess that only 15% of the audience actually ranked it lower than 5. Simply because on TLJ's most helpful reviews rank setting (i.e. which reviews people find the most helpful) this movie with abysmal ratings, and I haven't found a popular positive review yet. Nearly all of criticisms was directed at the plot structure and character handling, with little to no politics mentioned, so they are not simply alt-right hate propaganda. In contrast, Solo's first most helpful positive review was near the top.

Really, what are we really trying to prove with the RT or IMDB's audience rating? We know that there is a large group of Star Wars fans that hated TLJ and have no affiliations with the alt-right. We know that Solo is more fan-friendly than TLJ, even managed to convert several TLJ dissenters who decided to see. And we know that Solo isn't doing so well in the box office for reasons unclear.

11. relapse5127

relapse5127 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Sadly I think there is still a lot of denial over this and there are some who are desperately trying to find anything to prove that the dislike for the movie is not real.

12. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Well, basically I was interested in seeing what you said we already knew. I thought it might be interesting now that we have Solo out too.

@relapse5127 , that’s a straw man argument for a post that want to great lengths to acknowledge that the hate is indeed real by looking at Solo vs TLJ for some clues.

13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    One of the things that I noticed from the IMDB reviews and their "helpful" marks and from recent activity in this forum in regards to liked posts is that we extra-passionate TLJ "haters" seem to be a bit more vocally numerous than our nominal counterparts, the extra-passionate TLJ "lovers" in later months, even though I think TLJ overall has decent overall audience approval from IMDB and its box office take.

That demographics thread on this forum I believe still comes up clearly with a majority who approve of the movie (aka, everyone who goes from "GREATEST MOVIE EVA!" to "I find it fairly adequate.") for we forum lurking hard core fans here, and TLJ still crested above a billion dollars, even with the drop off. So, at minimum, even if the film were to be regarded as a bad one in the future, it's intial perception was at least "fun movie."

But now, we're seeing that beyond those possible Alt-Right guys in the early months, the angered fanboys aren't letting their grudge go, or at least that some of us (and I am including myself here) are trying to ensure our criticisms and problems with the film leave a mark on the public consciousness, probably as a backlash specifically to the critical approval of the film. So that's why you see hater fans track down the arguments they find that most eloquently encapsulate what we believe are the legitimate issues with the film's writing and approve and share them.

So the fight over TLJ's reputation is still very much occurring. We're just seeing some areas of rough concensus between various groups; serious critics and defenders have tacit agreements to denounce the Alt-Right criticisms (thus why you see more serious critics refuse to use SJW as an insult), and the general debate focus comes down more to writing and away from acting. At the same time, we still have an Alt-Right problem, but one that seems to be limited to Star Wars since its other targets (like Black Panther) seem to have shaken off their focus through where appeal. @Ender_and_Bean , you're point about how their doesn't seem to be a genuine progressive/compassionate counterpart to the alt-right attacks holds merit here; one of the reasons I specifically avoid certain lines of argument while focusing on others is to avoid any conflation with the Alt-Right (because a: we have different problems and b: they're very stupid), but I should probably dedicate more time to making sure to refute their problems. Fortunately, I love TFA, so ensuring I do so shouldn't be that hard.

14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Another day and Solo is moving up again on RT again to 63%. I think TLJ has gone down again.

Wasn't it at 47% for the longest time? So clearly the fanbase is far happier to Solo than TLJ.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    SunStar and relapse5127 like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, it seems as though enough fans are enamored with Solo that they are willing to put in effort to turn the tide away from any vote tampering.

16. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    There is also the simple fact that the overall number of audience ratings for Solo (at ~26K) on RT is less than the number of ratings for TLJ (~194K) since both are only a function of the total number of people who have gone and seen the movie and Solo based on its performance has a smaller number. So it's much easier for Solo's score to move around due to the overall sample being smaller.

If it was the alt-right review bombing the movies on RT that doesn't explain the numbers for Black Panther (79% audience score with 80K audience ratings) or Ghostbusters 2016 (52% audience score with 116K audience ratings) both films which drew the ire of that demographic. Why isn't the score for BP lower or at TLJ levels then when certain groups even promised to review bomb the movie?

17. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't really buy vote tampering as such that heavily because I think it balances out and if the TLJ voters were really organized in any real way then that would totally crash it to somewhere in the 20% range as people have looked at all the zero's and half-stars that TLJ has (that don't count to the average).

As I've said the RT crowd scores for SW are pushed further down or up by more hard-core fans being there. That's why the PT scores are generally higher other places (as is TLJ's) while the other movies are lower other places (and pushed up on RT).

I think these numbers while fun to look at are irrelevant except that they can and seem to become some part of a narrative as we've seen with the PT over the decades.

Herald of Mandos and Shadao like this.
  18. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I have a feeling that the real audience score for BP would be around 90% to 95%. So angry voting by politically motivated groups, in my opinion, have made a huge impact on its scores online.

Ghostbusters 2016 is a more complex scenario, as the original is so iconic, and it is a remake. Much more complex to please the fans in this case.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  19. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    The total numbers of ratings for BP (was at 80K) was much smaller than the total number of ratings for TLJ (at ~194K). If they could supposedly get the number of users or bots to drag TLJ to 46% then they could easily replicate the same results with BP unless the RT score is legitimate and not a result of review bombing.

Jedi_Fenrir767 and Shadao like this.
  20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    You think so?

To me that would be the max 10-15%. I don't know that I would buy anymore than that. If there is a "real" score for TLJ (whatever that means) then it isn't 87. Maybe at best 60 or so. TPM's or the PT's "real" score is also probably about 10% higher.

Shadao likes this.
  21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Eh… I disagree. While I would say that the RT score for ROTS is most likely botched by a site glitch, it seems to me that the TPM and AOTC scores are what they are. There was no politically motivated group bombing the site to bring the score down a notch as far as I remember.

TLJ score I believe it could've been closer to 60% without the anti-SJW crowd, but no more than that. Their effect on Black Panther was also noticeable, in which I give a 10% cut in negative influence, maybe 12%, but no higher than that. I highly doubt the “real” BP score would be the same as, or higher than The Dark Knight audience score (which is 94%). That movie is still put in an impossible-to-beat pedestal.

dragonchic and Shadao like this.
  22. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I hated hated TLJ. I mostly liked Solo. I voted this way on various review sites. I am a Star Wars fan. Mostly left wing.

A lot of people hate TLJ. Sorry about that.

UKS

23. relapse5127

relapse5127 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Agreed

I am a 40 something left leaning voter, hated TLJ and really liked Solo and voted that way on rotten tomatoes.

24. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I usually never bother with those sites as they are meaningless. I did register to upvote Solo because I am sick to death of the organized efforts to damage the Star Wars brand and want to do my bit to counter their BS.

Eternal_Jedi likes this.
  25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    It really guts me that the trolls have taken it this far !

If you don't like a movie that's fine but why go to all these lengths to bomb the scores & come up with boycott Solo campaigns ?

What do you get out it - Disney are not going to chuck Star Wars anytime soon & your going to get a Star Wars movie per year for the next 10 years at least guaranteed .............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.