main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Solo: A Star Wars Story - Trailers & TV Spots

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Feb 4, 2018.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, the big trailer release is Tomorrow(TM), and we now have a small teaser to watch and rewatch.

Discuss! :)

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lando looks great! Han must have really messed up the Falcon.

3. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    A lot of scum and villany. OT vibes. Cool train design.

Looks promising. Guardians Of The Galaxy kinda vibe.

Sarge likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Honestly looks ******* awesome..STILL Dunno about the Actor as Has Solo though..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Sarge and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am loving there pick as Lando though. He looks like Billy D. He also has that smug look about him. So far so good.

B99 likes this.
  6. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Looks interesting. Great cinematography and great trailer. Getting a look inside the Empire's recruitment is cool.

I agree with @B99. Still worried about Ehrenreich.

B99 likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002

This looks... amazing.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Everything I dig, except Alden..

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I wasn't really excited for this movie, since I just couldn't imagine Han and Lando played by new actors. But, I got to give it to them - the movie looks incredibly fun, and I immediately found myself accepting Alden and Donald as Han and Lando. Strange how the mind works sometimes.

CosmicDust likes this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I like the look of it, based on those short clips it fits in with the RO and the orginal aesthetic. Its always going to be hard to accept someone other than Harrison playing Han, but I'm looking forward to it, I can understand resistance to it as well. We need to see the full movie to see how he pulls off the Han mannerisms we know.

All along I've been more excited by these spin off stories than the trilogies. If this is as good as RO then I'll be happy with that level of quality.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Does Alden Han have the Harrison Han chin scar? If not, maybe he'll get his face smashed at the end, so we can assume that he'll come out of the bacta tank looking like Harrison.

12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Looks like Solo is going to be an epically awesome movie. In the Washington Post Spring Movie Guide, that was one of the Critic's Top Picks. :)

13. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Looks like fun. I understand the people who think it looks generic, bc I kinda think it does too. But not every SW has to be some ESB-esque masterpiece. Sometimes it's ok to just sit down for a silly popcorn flick & enjoy it for what it is (The Avengers movies are prime examples). Doesn't make you dumb for liking it. If anything, it makes you more savvy for being able to appreciate multiple kinds of entertainment.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I couldn't accept Alden. Every line he said, I instantly was taken out with my brain screaming "NOT HAN." His voice, looks, and mannerisms are ALL wrong.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Try to think of it as a parallel universe SW, or an Infinities story.

16. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I am IN LOVE! It looks like a fun action/adventure IN SPACE! film and the Han and Chewie scenes we caught a glimpse of look delightful. My shallow casting nitpick was Lando, but Donald Glover looks very nice as Lando. Granted, I'm easy to please. As long as he suavely saunders about with a cape, I'm game.

I also just realized I'm going into this more blind than I was for TLJ. Just this trailer and nothing else. :)

Taylore likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It is... if the movie is genuinely entertaining.
    At the moment, I get no such vibe from this one. I have zero interest in it.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry about the double post. It's so quiet in here...
    I just had to take back a bit of what I wrote above. As it turns out, I do have some interest in this film. Not more than mild curiosity at the moment, but at least it's something!

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I wasn't sure after the SB teaser, but the trailer has me interested in seeing it. Never thought I would be very excited about seeing any of the movies post-Disney acquisition, but this one seems to hold potential.

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The new film looks to be very promising. I think it will be worth seeing. Great trailer!

21. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Loved Donald Glover in that pimp jacket. Have a feeling he is going to be the star of the movie.

22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    That's fair. I actually think I like what little we've seen of him, in terms of playing Han. IMO if we can all get behind McGregor's performance as a young Obi-Wan, I don't see this as any different. So that's what helps me.

I believe he does. I watched a YouTube video which picked apart the trailer (can't recall which one), and it pointed out his chin scar-in the scene where he asks Q'ira "What's that??"

I was mildly excited for Solo before, but that trailer makes me way more excited! I can't wait to see Lando in this film.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  23. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I will go see it. Even though I'm not that into the idea. If it subverts my expectations that it will cram in everything ever mentioned about Han, Kessle run etc, then cool. But I feel it will be about the Kessle run, maybe go to Ord Mantell show Chewie's life debt scenario, how he got his gun, the red stripes on his trousers and his vest. Hopefully, once the fan service movies are out of the way we can get new stories. With new characters. For the record, I like me a bit of fan service.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han has a heart of gold when it comes to good people, I get the feeling running with these goons is going to strip a layer of cynicism on him.

Taylore likes this.
  25. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I think that it looks cool, if not as colorful as I had expected. I love Rogue One, but I've always thought that Solo would be brighter...anyway, no matter, I'm down for this. Ehrenreich doesn't make me think of Ford, but if he plays the role well and makes it his own, I can enjoy this film.

All of the Kessel Run stuff, I do expect, but from what I understand Solo is kind of a passion project on the part of Lawrence Kasdan. That makes me feel better about whatever the film contains. I've been a fan of Han Solo adventures for decades, and am really looking forward to seeing them onscreen.

Sarge likes this.