main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Solo: A Star Wars Story - Trailers & TV Spots

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Feb 4, 2018.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Updated the title of the thread.

Trailer 2 hits today! :D (Well, technically tomorrow for those of us living east of the U.S.).

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Yay! Gives me something to look forward to while I wait for Will and Kate's new baby.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Eh...I'll go see it. It seems to have that cool western gunslinger vibe I want in my Han Solo movies.

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I disagree. First, the young Obi-Wan we got was DECADES younger than Alec Guiness. That makes it much easier to stomach than Alden who is supposed to be - what, maybe five years younger than Harrison? In addition, even though he was so much younger, he looked believably like a young Obi-Wan. Had the cadence of his voice down. Moved like him and got some of his mannerisms. But most importantly, Obi-Wan was not nearly the iconic character that Han was, and Ewan had three movies to grow into the role. I just can't get past it. In none of the promotional material have I seen or heard Alden and said, "Oh hey! It's a young Han!" Considering I think all of us have done that for Donald Glover and Lando - since his first smile in the trailer - it makes this miscast all the more glaring. I'm still leaning towards passing on this one in cinemas.

6. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I wonder if that rock will survive contact with Chewbacca

Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Considering Chewie is apparently 190 years old in Solo, the film should be set around ten years before ANH.

I think the trailer was great. The film looks like a lot of fun. I kind of hated the music though, but it was obviously trailer music, so that has nothing to do with the film itself.
    The colours (or lack thereof) are really boring - the more desaturated look worked well for RO, since that's a war movie, but this should be more of a western/adventure, so I would have prefered a more colorful look. But eh, maybe it suits the film just fine - we'll see.

smoothkaz likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Interesting. I'd say I actually thought the representation of Han by Alden felt more in line to the original character, than Glover's representation of Lando.

Basically the way I see it is that for me, Han and Lando don't need to remind me of Williams and Ford-they have to remind me of Lando and Han. I don't believe the trailers have shown me enough to convince me of that, but I've seen enough so far there to at least make me remain optimistic.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Fast and Furious-y! In space. I don't mind.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  10. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    You're damn right I'm looking forward to it. I may the one of the only ones, but I've got full confidence this'll be a gorgeous and extremely fun movie if nothing else, and ain't that what matters.

Donald Glover's Lando looks great and it looks like we'll get plenty of Chewie.

TheYodaPagoda, Vinylshadow and Sarge like this.
  11. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    But will we get Han flying Chewie home for Life Day in this film? Maybe, maybe not. Since the Kasdans wrote it, I'd wager NOT...but these are strange times.

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  13. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Lumpy! As bad as the Holiday Special is, no way will I miss my yearly viewing. Supposedly it's sorta canon again?

14. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    What uniform is Solo wearing in the featurette?
    It's not an officer uniform like Veers wears, it's not an AT-ST Pilot uniform.
    It has a combination goggles and breathing mask with a lobster style segmented armour as far as I can tell.
    Will we finally see a return of the Army Trooper to the NEU?

15. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    No Yeehaw moment ?

16. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I think it's funny this thread is titled "Trailer #2", cos if we count the TV spots, there's like 15 or something now! :p

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    No it isn't. [face_whistling]

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] It's magic!! [face_laugh]

TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't be too proud of this literary revision you've edited. The ability to change a thread title is insignificant next to the power of the Forums.

TCF-1138 and DARTH_BELO like this.