main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Destiny: Solo Hope (NJO AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheChosenSolo, Jan 25, 2014.

1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Title: Solo Hope, Solo Destiny 1 of 3
    Author: Anakin Solo Revanchist
    Timeframe: NJO, begins halfway through Star by Star and ends with Traitor.
    Characters: Anakin Solo, Unnamed Force ghost, Vergere, support characters
    Keywords: Anakin survives Myrkr
    Summary: Anakin Solo discovers a secret that could turn the tide of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. A Jedi Knight of the Old Republic returns from the netherworld of the Force to guide young Anakin into the role he must play.

Chapter 1

Anakin was the Force, and the Force was Anakin.

Anakin Solo burned so brightly in the Force, he cast shadows behind his Yuuzhan Vong opponents. His lightsaber flashed and danced, slicing a Yuuzhan Vong warrior neatly in two with every stroke. Nearby, he could feel his fellow Jedi trying to escape, while his sister Jaina fired the longblaster into the ranks of Yuuzhan Vong attacking him in order to keep them at bay, and hopefully save his life. His brother Jacen stood beside her, trying to get her to retreat with the other Jedi.

What surprised Anakin, though, was that he could also sense the Yuuzhan Vong presences in the Force - not the hazy presences as though through his lambent crystal, but in the Force, as distinctly as he could feel his siblings meters away.

The Yuuzhan Vong force charged, and Anakin shouted telepathically to Jaina, Go! I can’t hold. Instead Jaina fired again, felling another warrior, and Anakin resumed his dance, attacking the remaining ranks of Yuuzhan Vong.

Then he felt a Yuuzhan Vong creeping along the side of the grashal. He turned to see the impostor he’d discovered when he separated from the group pulling a cargo pod toward the opening the strike team had cut into the grashal wall. Anakin cut himself an opening in the wave of Yuuzhan Vong soldiers charging him, and rolled away to see where the impostor had come from.

All of a sudden, his aura shuddered, and Anakin had the very familiar sensation of the Force drawing around him, not as though he were departing into the Force, but the Force wrapping around him to repair a damaged vessel. He was entering a healing trance!

He didn’t know how it was possible, but he felt himself being drawn into it, and despite his efforts, he could do nothing to stop it. He turned to see the tissue transfer station nearby, and realized that the impostor had filled the cargo pod with voxyn tissue.

He felt his sister’s shock in the Force, mistaking his dimming presence in the Force for his death, and he didn’t have time to correct her. Go, he said, raising his last thermal detonator. Kiss Tahiri for me. He set the detonator and threw it toward the impostor as the wave of Yuuzhan Vong reached him again. An amphistaff struck him, and he went down.

The thermal detonator hit the impostor right by the nose, and an ooglith masquer began sliding down his body. In moments it was clear the impostor was none other than Nom Anor. Nom Anor looked around for what had hit him, and when he saw the detonator, his gaze went wide.

Anakin reached out with the Force to yank the detonator away from Nom Anor’s grasp, and the resulting distraction allowed an amphistaff to hit him hard, and he dropped his lightsaber. Anakin forgot about everything else, and just focused on the detonator. When Nom Anor reached it again, Anakin sent it toward the cargo pod, and Nom Anor cursed and ran away.

The last thing Anakin saw before being completely enveloped by the healing trance was a shimmering blue figure, with long hair and a full beard. A Force ghost... he thought, before he sank into the blackness.

Kahara, YodaKenobi and Marmot Man like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D= Yay! Eager to read this fixer-upper. [face_batting] Already with Anakin's survival, stuff is taking a better turn :cool:

3. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks Nyota! Glad to have you along for the ride! :)

4. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    OOPS. Double post. [face_whistling]

5. Marmot Man

Marmot Man Jedi Master

Dec 31, 2012
    This looks interesting :D

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Continue! Continue! Continue!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    This is quite a start!! Please PM me when you update :)

EG

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks! I'm glad I'm already getting such positive feedback :D
    Oh, I intend to. Your patience has been well rewarded, Force Smuggler.
    For sure! Welcome aboard :)

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Good man! More Anakin Solo stories are needed! It has been quite a while since I first saw the idea for this series hasn't it?
    I'll be as patient as I can but do know that my patience has limits. Usually it is quite short but since it is an Anakin Solo story it will be even shorter. Don't disappoint us, no pressure though.

10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I'll do what I can, the problem for me is the actual writing. I have an idea, but it was always tough for me to actually write it out. I hope I can manage to tie it up successfully.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know that feeling. So many wonderful ideas....... but the writing process is a different story alright. Tying everything up can be a pain but I have faith you'll end the story the correct way.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Great start; tag me when you update please. :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Update on Chapter 2: I'm rereading segments of Star by Star to get a little idea of how far I can safely segue away from canon at this point. The idea of this fanfiction is that it runs parallel to profic up until Traitor, where it completely steers away from canon and becomes entirely AU. Which means that everything up until Traitor is considered canon in my fanfic arc. I need to make sure I'm accounting for that. I hope to have the chapter written and up within a week.

Force Smuggler and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Nyota's Heart Marmot Man Force Smuggler EGKenobi Revanfan1
    ---
    Chapter 2

“You fool!”

Nom Anor turned to see the diminutive shape of Vergere walking up to him. “Anakin Solo is yet alive,” she said to him.

Nom Anor’s eyes widened. “What?” he exclaimed. “How is this possible? I saw him die!”

“No, you ran with your tail between your legs like a frightened whisperkit.” Vergere glowered at him. “Do you realize what this means to us? My plans for Jacen Solo are for naught if he discovers his brother is alive.”

Your plans?” Nom Anor glowered. “What plans would those be?”

“Capturing Solo and manipulating him into joining the Yuuzhan Vong.”

Nom Anor did a double take. “WHAT? How do you plan to succeed?”

“I provided Han Solo with a temporary cure for Mara Jade’s illness. Jacen will be conflicted but trusting, but ultimately my plans include manipulating him with visions of Anakin. If it is discovered that he is still alive, it could undo everything.”

Nom Anor thought for a moment, then smiled. “The kaalith.”

Vergere looked up. “What?”

“The shapers here are working on creating a relative of the ooglith masquer called a kaalith,” Nom Anor explained. “By acquiring a sample of blood, the kaalith can mimic the appearance of most beings down to a cellular level. Ideally, this would be perfect for infiltrations where a Yuuzhan Vong might be recognized by height. However, the shapers have had a problem animating the kaaliths after they have taken the blood sample and reformed their appearance, making them appear simply to be comatose...”

“Or dead,” Vergere finished. A smile appeared on her face. “Sometimes it appears you may have a brain after all.”

Nom Anor stiffened. He thought of releasing his plaeryin bol on Vergere, then remembered Tsavong Lah’s words to him before departing for Myrkr, and thought better of it. “I’ll have the shapers prepare. You bring Solo’s body.”

* * *​
    The shapers placed Anakin’s body on a living table next to the kaalith. After a chant, the master shaper used his hand to manipulate the kaalith into moving, and it pricked Anakin’s arm and drew blood. The kaalith then drew in on itself, appearing as an almost gelatinous ball before reforming into the basic shape of a human. Features became distinguishable, and then Nom Anor could tell the bodies apart only by the injuries on the real Anakin’s body. The shapers then changed even that, scratching into the face of Anakin’s double and carving into the gut to match Anakin’s amphistaff wound. Once the bodies looked identical, the shapers then placed the kaalith double in a disposal husk.

Vergere took the lightsaber from the real Anakin. “I’ll take the kaalith to the disposal pit,” she said to Nom Anor.

Nom Anor nodded. “I’ll keep Solo nearby. It might be prudent to take him to Yuuzhan’tar, and see what Supreme Overlord Shimrra desires to be done of him.”

“We’ll meet again when I have Jacen.”

Marmot Man likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating update and looking forward to how things transpire. Vergere and Anor are excellently IC. Villainous churls in other words LOL @};-

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow, great update!

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks for reading! The identity of the Force ghost is going to be revealed next chapter, but you're welcome to try to guess :)

Thank you! I was worried that I might not be able to write in character so well with them. I'm glad it worked out :D
    Thanks for reading Revanfan!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh boy. Things are getting interesting. Qui-Gon?

19. Marmot Man

Marmot Man Jedi Master

Dec 31, 2012
    Thanks for tagging me,

Oh boy, im hooked already

20. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Yep. You just know that Jaina's gonna start blasting Yuuzhan Vong with Force lightning pretty soon [face_mischief]
    Very good guess! We'll see how right or wrong you are in the next post. :)

Oh boy. This is humbling. Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely try to make this worth it in the end :D

21. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Anakin, if you could add me to the update list that would be wonderful :) I won't have a chance to read until tomorrow, but I'll be sure to comment when I have :)

22. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Of course, Shira, hope you enjoy!

UPDATE: Due to some RL stuff that's come up in recent weeks, I haven't had time to write anything down. My current RL stuff comes to an end this weekend, so I hope to have the next chapter up within a week. Thanks for your patience, means a lot to me :)

23. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you :) I'm sure I will :)

24. penguinsrpals

penguinsrpals Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2008
    Wonderful start. Looking forward to what happens next. There can never be enough Anakin Solo fics, lets be honest! Could you add me to your update list? :)

25. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    I think Qui-Gon, maybe Obi-Wan