main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Destiny: Solo Hope (NJO AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheChosenSolo, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Obi-yoda

Obi-yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2014
    Force ghost guess: either Anakin Skywalker, or -dare I say it- Revan ;).
    And may I be added to the update list?
    [​IMG]

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Been so long since I read NJO, but I like what've you've written. Please add me to you list :)

3. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks, everyone, for your patience while I sort my RL stuff out. It means a lot to me that people are still interested in this, and I pray I'm just able to come through with it.
    Nyota's Heart Revanfan1 Force Smuggler Marmot Man Shira A'dola penguinsrpals scooper121s Obi-yoda Jade_Pilot
    ---
    Chapter 3

Anakin came out of his healing trance with a start, shaking from a strange dream about Jacen, a one-man army battle with Yuuzhan Vong, and some yammosk-like creatures he didn’t quite recognize. He’d almost felt as if someone yanked at his mind in the dream, because he remembered shouting telepathically at Jacen something about one of the creatures being his friend, but the thought hadn’t originated in his mind.

Anakin shook himself back into the present and took stock of his surroundings. He could tell that the room he was in was Yuuzhan Vong in origin, and he could see members of several different species scattered across the room. Each of the beings had slave coral implants.

Anakin felt a nub in his neck, and he knew he’d been implanted with a slave seed himself. Curiously, however, he was in complete control of his own mind, and the seed wasn’t affecting him in any way. It reminded him of the false implant Vua Rapuung had fitted him with in order to infiltrate the shaper’s damutek on Yavin IV.

Remembering his last moments before falling into the healing trance - namely, being able to fully sense the Yuuzhan Vong in the Force - Anakin reached out in the Force, and found that he could indeed feel the slave seed. Instinctively, he knew that he’d exerted control over it while in his trance, which is why it didn’t seem to affect him now.

“Welcome back to the land of the living.”

Anakin turned, and saw the same Force ghost he’d seen before he’d collapsed into the healing trance. “Who are you?” he inquired.

“My name is Qui-Gon Jinn,” said the Force ghost. “I was a Jedi Knight of the Old Republic. I’m here to train you.”

“Train me?” Anakin said, incredulously.

“In giving yourself to the Force the way you did, you accessed a perception to the Force that few in their lives will discover,” the Force ghost - Qui-Gon - explained. “For instance, you have discovered how the Yuuzhan Vong fit into the Force. This will be important in finding a peaceful cessation of hostilities.”

“Is that why you saved me?” Anakin inquired of him. “I definitely didn’t fall into that healing trance on my own, so I’m guessing you had a part in that.”

“I admit that I did,” Qui-Gon confessed. “It was important that you remain alive, because you play a key role in saving the galaxy from the danger to come.”

“Danger? From the Yuuzhan Vong?” Anakin asked.

“Enough on that another time,” Qui-Gon said hastily. “You are headed for Coruscant, which has been taken by the Yuuzhan Vong. I will assist you further there.”

“Wait, you aren’t gonna train me now?” Anakin asked, confused.

“Right now, you will learn more from meditation than you will from me,” Qui-Gon responded. “Become comfortable with your gifts. Be mindful of the Living Force, and things will begin to fall into place. I will help you from that point.” With that, he faded away, leaving Anakin to wonder about what was going on.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yay! Figured it would be him. Can't wait to see what what happens next. Continue!

5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I had a second part to this chapter going, but it was getting ridiculously long and it's kind of a whole other perspective, so I decided to split it in two and make the second half Chapter 4. Got another surprise coming :p

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Good. I love surprises when it comes to the story. Looking forward to it. Whose perspective?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I was hoping! it would be Qui-Gon :cool: Perfect! Excellent and eager to see how things unfold. =D=

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    That would spoil the surprise. ;)
    Thank you Nyota :) Hope you won't be disappointed.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Qui-Gon! Sweet! :cool:

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Had to try.

11. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Qui-Gon!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Nyota's Heart Revanfan1 Force Smuggler Marmot Man Shira A'dola penguinsrpals scooper121s Obi-yoda Jade_Pilot
    ---
    Chapter 4

Keri, a Yuuzhan Vong Shamed One, began her round of checking the conditions of the slaves in her chamber. A shaper before her body began rejecting the necessary implants for shaping, she had a natural desire to better all species for service to the gods, and she’d had a gift of understanding the shaping methodology and how to apply it to different species quickly. Now that she’d been rejected as a Shamed One, she made it a point of caring for the slaves in her assigned barrack.

During her round, Keri happened to notice the young human who’d arrived comatose many weeks ago was now in a kneeling position, with his eyes closed. For a reason she couldn’t explain, she was drawn to this human boy. She slowly walked toward him. Because of her continued interaction with the slaves, she’d picked up enough Basic to speak it somewhat comfortably. She said to him, “You are awake now?”

The boy slowly opened his eyes. “Yes,” he responded. “Thank you.” He took note of her condition. “You’re a Shamed One?”

“I am,” Keri replied. “I am called Keri. What name is yours?”

“My name is Anakin,” the boy said.

Keri stumbled. “Anakin? You are Jeedai?”

“Yes, I’m a Jedi,” the boy said. Then he smirked. “Though I seem to have misplaced my lightsaber.”

Keri’s hand came to her mouth. “So, you are redeemer of Vua Rapuung?” she asked him.

“Sort of,” the boy answered. “It didn’t happen quite that way, though.”

“But you helped Vua Rapuung, and he became redeemed,” Keri said. “What they say is true.”

The boy sighed. “Well, when you put it that way, yes,” he said. “I was just trying to save my friend, though.”

“Your friend?” Keri said. “The Jeedai-who-was-shaped?”

“Her name is Tahiri,” the boy said. He winced. “Ow.” He put his hand over his abdomen.

“You are hurt?” Keri said. She lifted his shirt to inspect the wound, seeing a faint pink line running across the left side of his abdomen.

“Got scratched by an amphistaff,” the boy groaned. He winced as Keri’s hand brushed the scar, then the pain left his face. “What did you do?”

Keri looked blank. “What did I do?” she repeated. “Nothing I know of…”

“The pain’s gone,” the boy said. His brow furrowed, and he ran his finger along his scar.

“Curious,” Keri mused. She heard a moan across the room, and stood. “I must return to my work. I am glad to have met you…Anakin.” With that, she walked away.

* * *​

Anakin tried returning to his meditation, but his thoughts were running rampant. This Yuuzhan Vong - Keri - was different somehow. He could sense something about her that wasn’t among the Yuuzhan Vong he’d fought on Baanu Rass.

Shaking his head, he emptied his thoughts and opened his mind to the Force. All of a sudden, he found himself in a current of energy. He could see the Force flowing through the beings in this chamber, very subtly but definitely noticeably through the Yuuzhan Vong ship and biots aboard. He saw a beacon of light focused in the direction Keri had walked. He turned to see that she was the center.

Then it hit him.

It all made sense now.

Keri was Force-sensitive.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh come on! You can't leave it there! Continue!
    Things are getting interesting. Now to figure out how Keri is Force-sensitive............. Hmm.

14. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It's my ploy to keep you interested. [face_mischief]
    I'm sure I've heard of species that as a whole aren't usually Force-sensitive, but that there is sometimes the odd case. We know that the Yuuzhan Vong DO exist in the Force, but that most don't recognize its power, so if there is one that's capable of wielding it, they will not be aware of it because no one around them could teach them how to access it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche.
    Vongrella as an example right? Don't know much about her unfortunately. Need to come out with the short stories for her and whatever other tales as well.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that is completely fascinating. Keri has Force abilities she is not aware of. That could come in useful for sure.

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It's a distinct possibility :p Thanks for reading!

18. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Well you've definitely got my interest --- I stumbled across your link tonight and started to read. I am most familiar with the NJO and I found the Vong wars and such to be utterly vacsinating. Keep up the good work and I agree with comments herein - we need more Anakin Solo stories. I thought the Vong had an intriguing combat status and it was nice to see another foe besides the Sith. Please add me to your tags.

19. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thank you Gemma! Glad you're enjoying it so far :)

I'm a firm believer that the mess the post-NJO profic became was largely in part due to Anakin Solo's death. TUF was a pretty lousy ending, IMO, and if Anakin had been allowed to reach his potential, the war could've been ended in a more meaningful way, with a more permanent view of the Force - after the Dark Nest Tragedy, the Jedi abandoned the Unifying Force idea, making the end of NJO mostly pointless.

Force Smuggler and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hi there - I'm looking into an issue with Tags and Alerts at the request of ASR. Of the people who got tagged for Chapter 4 above - can you please let me know here who did get the alerts and who didn't? Thanks..

Edit - if you didn't get an alert please hover your cursor over your username in the upper right hand corner of the screen.. In the drop-down box, click on 'Alert Preferences' and make sure that the 'Tags you' option under 'Messages in threads' is checked. If it isn't, that's why you didn't get one. Check it and save the change. If it is checked and you didn't get one, please let me know and I'll have to check further.

21. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Cliffie!

22. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks for helping out, LAJ_FETT :)
    Of a sort. Glad you enjoyed :D

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Very nice! A Force-sensitive Vong...most interesting.

24. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah, I just thought I'd throw that in there. It's not like it has any impact on the story or anything. [face_laugh] Thanks for reading, my friend. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    More NJO era stories are needed period. I'm rereading an Anakin survives Myrkr story on FFN and it is just as awesome as it was the first time I read it. Best era in SW imo. Much needed breather from the Imperial/Warlord of the week that came before and the Sith overload that came after. Need something like that again.

Gemma likes this.