main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Solo Solo Reactions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Pro Scoundrel , May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Best Disney era SW film after RO. I said more in the other thread, but seeing Han shoot first - pure gold and reason enough to love this film.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. Clint Bevis

Clint Bevis Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    Does anyone else feel like there will be either:

a) a sequel to the solo movie; or
    b) Kenobi will follow on from this?

Qu'ira has gone to meet with Maul, Han and Chewie have gone to Tatooine, Obi Wan is on Tatooine - we know that Maul has been there in The Phantom Menace and Rebels. You would imagine Jabba and Boba Fett will make an appearance.

Sounds like the makings of a good film to me.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I doubt there will be a sequel. I don't think there would have been a sequel even if this movie made as much as Rogue One. They seem to have their movies planned out quite a ways off into the future now.

Clint Bevis likes this.
  4. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    he even had his new lightsaber from the show

5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I went to the film with a close friend and I like watching people’s reactions when they watch films. They had a smile on their face during all of Chewbacca’s scenes, especially when Han and Chewie’s bond was being formed. I loved that stuff too.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they make Boba Fett and afterwards a sequel around Jabba which connects the Han and Boba movie. More or less a sequel to two stand alone movies

Joruuuuuus C'baoth likes this.
  7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think there will be sequels.

I think we're looking at a series of dark times adventures including Solo, Lando, Kenobi and Maul.

8. Joruuuuuus C'baoth

Joruuuuuus C'baoth Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2018
    Or if not a direct sequel, for instance in a Boba Fett film (if they do one) they may continue the Maul/crime syndicates storyline with Han and Chewie cameos.

Clint Bevis and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. Joruuuuuus C'baoth

Joruuuuuus C'baoth Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2018
    Oh, you beat me to the punch.

10. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I thought they were both strong, but I agree with this 100%.

zackm, Ricardo Funes and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    if jabba is the big shot gangster putting together a crew, is it possible for Han to work WITH Boba Fett? lol. Maul and Qi'ra could be another factor for him.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Absolutely! This movie screamed "sequel", and I couldn't be happier about that.

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I much prefer Solo to Sith.

I think the Corellia stuff is all decent in terms of what there, but choppy and I would have liked the character beats to have more time to land. The pacing of Rey's life on Jakku would have been better IMO to give the relationship more time to settle before splitting them up.

I liked all the elements in it though.

I do feel like the Solo/ Qi'ra relationship was functional rather than anything else. Alden sold me more on it that Clarke who was decent but probably the weakest link in the strong cast for me.

@Pro Scoundrel - did you enjoy it then?

Ricardo Funes and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah. I’m not sure if we’re going to get a straight up Solo sequel (showing the Tattooine job with Jabba) or if that’s going to be touched upon in the Fett movie. Ideally we’d have a Fett move AND a Solo sequel, and of course the Kenobi film is happening. Exciting times.

15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    To me this was how I felt about the first Captain America movie. It was just "pretty good", however they nailed the casting & I really hope we get an even better sequel.

16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That feels about right to me.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This seems to be a more happening thread than the User Review one, so I'll also post my thoughts here:

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Immortiss, Ricardo Funes and Satipo like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wasn't biggest fan of the movie. Overall really fun but not too ambitus....

GOOD

Some really fantastic scenes and over all great action scenes.
    Glover Lando was legit..
    Music was good.. Loved the choir bits... FANTASTIC!
    The intro was really awesome. Not opening into space.. Woah...
    Qi'ra was the highlight of the film. And loved the scenes with her.. The scene when they got separated in beginning was actually sad..
    Maul was short but sweet, but hearing Sam Witwer's voice. OMG
    Arrua Sing reference :)
    Alden Ehrenreich

Bad

L3 was trash, could not stand her.. And Lando in love with her was just goofy. But how he integrated her into the ship was smart!
    If I didn't already know Maul had a cameo and the anticipation through out waiting for it, I would of lost interest in the movie tbh..
    Alden Ehrenreich as Han, really enjoyed it, and fantastic acting. I believe he did the best anyone could of done. But still didn't thrill me. But I wouldn't mind if he played Han again.
    "I have a really good feeling about this" Just goofy. lol

All I can think of rn.. lol

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Bor - I agree about Han as Luke - or at least having aspects of Luke in him, and I think that really worked well.

I totally disagree about the score. I think it's a great adventure score.

Also disagree about the clunkiness of the Corellia stuff, although that may dissipate on a second viewing. I think it badly needed more time to settle.

I loved the Kessel Run but it did feel a bit out of place - I think for me though was my own wrong assumption that it was some kind of race and something they would be building to. So I think that's another thing that may change on a second viewing for me.

I think Lando's memoirs was an L&M touch, and if it was, I'm glad they went.

Right on the edge of caricature for me.

I think the mine sequence was poorly directed - dark, and very cheap looking to me. Probably my least favourite part of the film which is a shame as Powell did a great job there.

The rest was mostly a blast and I had a real grin on my face for much of the time. Alden was superb and a very worthy Han.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was surprised to really like Rio Durant.

Oh, and my favorite bit of fan service was:

Lando: I hate you
    Han: I know

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ricardo Funes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.