main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: The Villains

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Pro Scoundrel , Feb 5, 2018.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I really hope the Empire only plays a minor role in the film. I'm intrigued for new non-Imperial main enemies.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I would guess that Beckett is an Imperial Officer when we first meet him, maybe Han's C.O. during basic training. I don't think that we will have an Imperial big bad as a central character though.

3. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    gosh I hope not. honestly....

Avnar likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Look at the LEGO minifig of Beckett and you'll see he has on his "outlaw" holster. That can't be standard Imperial uniform so I'm guessing he's not really an Imperial officer. Jon Kasdan said in the EW article that Beckett is a career criminal so my bet is Han is stationed on Mimban when Beckett comes to steal something. They get mixed up together and both get sent to Kessel.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Do you think they will go with another 'in Imperial disguise' plot? I could imagine Beckett, if he is in charge of a backwater installation, personalising his uniform.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's more likely given Kasdan's comments that he's in disguise. Plus it would be a bit different this time. It's usually our heroes infiltrating the Imperial base. This time our hero is an Imperial.

Beckett though just doesn't look like an Imperial to me. He looks like someone who's been a criminal his entire life. We'll see though.

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Yep, I see where you're coming from and I did raise an eyebrow at the 'career criminal' comment. With just one (not very revealing) pic and a couple of Lego minifigs there's not that much more info regarding the Mimban segment.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Enfys (pronounced EN-viss) in welsh is Rainbow

wobbits likes this.
  9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Never put it together before, but since Enfys Nest has a very native american look to him, this is basically cowboys and Indians in space.

Wonder if he’ll end up being sympathetic. New descriptions of the Range Troopers mention the imperial expansion in the outer rim, maybe he’s just defending his planet.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    whostheBossk and Cantina Regular like this.
  10. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    He and his gang are on Vandor but they appear to be stealing the cargo that Beckett's mob have already stolen. It does not seem to be the work of a guerrilla faction, more like a bunch of pirates.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I love the idea that we could have a main villain that's not imperial. Lots of opportunity there.

whostheBossk and Deliveranze like this.
  12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I see there is another rumor about Jabba the Hutt appearing in the Solo movie. I would like to see Jabba the Hutt in the movie, but I hope it has nothing to do with the shipment Han dropped before he was boarded, that he mentioned in Episode IV. I don't know why so many people think this moment should be in the movie. This moment clearly happend just before Han met up with Obi-Wan and Luke on Tatooine, when Han was 34; while the later timeline in the Solo movie takes place when Han is in his 20's. Besides, I don't see why Han couldn't have had prior business with Jabba, before the drop, that was successful.

whostheBossk, B3, Twain and 5 others like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    If you're referring to that article on tf.n then that's just another poorly researched piece. It's quite clearly Beckett in that disguise attacking the two Kessel Guards. I would suggest that he's breaking out Han and Chewie in that scene.

And I think it's canon that Han is 29 in ANH, so the second part of Solo takes place when he's in his mid-twenties. Still 5 years or so before ANH.

wobbits likes this.
  14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yep. Iger said Solo covers Han's life from 18-24.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This.

After all, there's a reason Jabba admires him at first and hails him as a great smuggler.

B3, Revanfan1 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah. If Jabba is in the film I think we will see how he and Han first became "friends".

whostheBossk, B3 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  17. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    really hope we see some more enfys soon...

18. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Yeah hope they dont make mistake and show why there is a bounty on Han Solo. That comes just prior to ANH. But showing why Jabba likes Han so much? That'd be cool to see.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    So Nest is Vos's Henchman?

20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I wonder what Enfys motivation in the film will be?

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Credits. Cold, hard Credits.

Corellian Blue and Krueger like this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Pretty much.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    To meet the son he never knew he had. Unfortunately Han keeps shooting at him because he think he's trying to steal his score.

24. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm wondering if we will see Maz Kanata in this film. She clearly has a history with Solo and her inclusion in one of the Forces of Destiny shorts that takes place just before the events of ROTJ shows again how intent the franchise is to tie the different eras together. It would be great to see her show up IMO. (Sorry just realized this is the wrong thread for this)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I am hoping we don't see Maz. It'd be nice if this film didn't have the expectation of being affected by the ST somehow. Lupita isn't listed as a cast member. There's still plenty of time left in Han's life for him to meet her later.

11-4D and Corellian Blue like this.