main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo, Toys and Collectibles

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by B99, Nov 29, 2017.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm really hoping for some Vintage Collection Solo figures!! I also kind of hope by then, Hasbro will change up the box look/design for the Black Series.

Does anyone think there will be a toy launch similar to FF for this film?? I would like one, but don't think it's likely.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I believe that Yakface.com has already confirmed there will be an official launch... I believe they were calling it "Wookiee weekend" or something along those lines. Scheduled for April. Last we knew, the 3 3/4" Vintage collection was due to launch in April as well, so there is a possibility that there will be something vintage-boxed for Solo.

Yakface also recently confirmed that there are role-play toy items coming, including an "imperial range trooper" mask.

Revanfan1 and revan772 like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wookiee Weekend? They're not even trying, are they? :p

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wookie weekend.. Goodness.o_O

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Baby Lumpy plushie. Baby Lumpy plushie. Come on, Baby Lumpy plushie. [face_praying]

6. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Maybe Lumpy will be in the movie and get his own officially released action figure, finally, since
    Aftermath Life Debt made him canon.
    I would love that more then anything. But I am excited for this line. Now to keep them in the bin with RO figures or keep them in a separate bin...

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Am I the only one that gets post Force Friday blues??

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    My wallet gets them pretty bad!

But if you're feeling the merchandise blues then check out all the Figuarts reveals that happened today!

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  10. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I am/was a pretty big collector of the Star Wars pops but over the last year or two they really oversaturated everything. I have a few Han Solo pops already but If there’s anything new about them and they look cool, I’ll pick them up.

I also collect the Elite series as well, and am looking forward to those. I don’t think besides storm trooper Han and Old man Han that there are any others.

Also would love a black series replica of his blaster pistol.

As far as Lando and Chewie, I’m fair game for all, especially Lando. I’m not sure what they can do differently for Chewie though. That I don’t have in my collection.

11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Any news on the 3.75" scale figures for Solo?

whostheBossk, revan772 and kalzeth like this.
  12. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Not so far other than the April street date for all of the toys. The Vintage collection is scheduled to come back alongside the movie merchandise, so I am hoping they sneak a Solo figure or two into the initial wave, but I don't really expect it. I'm hoping for some 3.75" news soon as that's basically all I collect these days other than a Lego set here or there.

whostheBossk and DannyD like this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Thanks, My Kind Of Scum. That's my style of collecting too. Here's hoping there are some interesting and good quality figures sitting in warehouses ready for our cash. And a bit of marketing beforehand to stoke the fires of interest.

I like the new films and how they mostly gives us new characters for Hasbro to make - I had gotten a little tired (before the new films came out) of variations on old figures. Started feeling embarrassed about how many Tatooine Lukes I had.

kalzeth and my kind of scum like this.
  14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm absolutley LOVING the look of all the legit sets. I haven't collected lego's in years, but I might for Solo.

I'm more excited for this movie than I thought I'd be.

15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Another chance to get all Classic Empire with toys.

DannyD likes this.
  16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    With the vintage collection returning, I'd LOVE to see Han's Speeder get a vintage 3.75" vehicle.

my kind of scum likes this.
  17. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Yakface.com has been slowly leaking toy information. It sure isn't sounding like the toyline is going to be much to write home about. 5 6" figures, around 8 or so 3 3/4" figures, One small vehicle (imperial speeder bike), one mid size (Han's speeder) and one large playset/vehicle. Nothing from the Vintage Collection related to Solo in the first couple of waves.

18. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Let's see, who are we confident will be figures in the Solo 3.75 line?

Han, Chewie, Lando, a stormtrooper variant

Hopeful Qi'Ra and Tobias get figures and fingers crossed we get some cool aliens for a change

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Doesn't sound like we are getting a FF like event..?

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Solo Sunday has a nice ring to it. Midnight Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  21. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    When the first news leaked about the toy launch, they were calling it Wookiee Weekend. No idea if that is what they will go with in the end.

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Qi'Ra will definitely be one of the figures. She's the lead female and spans both story arcs. As for the Stormtroopers, we will see at least three new variants in Solo - The standard (but camouflaged/dirty) Mimban trooper, the Bike Trooper on Corellia and the Range Trooper on Kessel. Don't forget DD-BD as well.

whostheBossk and kalzeth like this.
  23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    That name reminds me of Twiki from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That sounds spook cheasy..

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Oh, yes, My first thought as well.