main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Solo29's Art - Updated May 23 (Star Wars Galaxy 6 Returns!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 23, 2004.

1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Those are amazing! I love them. You really do work well in small spaces. Can't wait to see more! :D

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks all! I appreciate the kind words!

Here are all four of my completed cards. Not sure if I like this style, but it was fun to play around with it.

Blue Line Charity Cards - Final

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    =P~ I want the Picard!

Wow, I think this style is amazing. I wholeheartedly heart it.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    w00t!! =D==D=

Picard!! =D= One of my fave sci-fi characters (...well...aside of the SW crew, of course... :p )!! Gads, Han, these all look outstanding! I love the colors, the expressions--the likenesses are perfect (how the heck do you accomplish that on SUCH a TINY canvas?!)! Fabulous work--more than worthy of being on a collector card!! =D= I love them ALL!

FF

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely again and two of my other favorites too! Picard and Arwen.

Great drawings and colouring.=D==D=

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I know, me too!

Yeah, I have to gush some more over these. I mean, look at the beauty! Your handling of the light/highlighting is so fantastic, especially on Picard. :D

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow!! Very awesome, Steph :D

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the Piccard also a big, big deal.

[face_love]

9. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Ooooo ! ^__^ Lovely skin tones, it's always hard to get the colour right on skin. Great job with the shading and highlights especially on Piccard. The Arwen is my favourite, the colour on her lips is really nice, that pretty much sold it for me ^___^ her whole face is pretty of course ;) but that detail is really nice.

Hope U raised lots of money with these ! :D

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Me, too.

[face_good_luck]

Please let us know how things will go!

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm with Azure here: I'm dying to know how the auction went! And I hope it went VERY well! :D

FF

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I've been working my way backwards on your thread, HanSolo29, and it's such a delight. I'm astounded by your talent. :) I especially like your Qui-Gon in the "Three Jedi" pic. Something about the way you capture his quirky view of life and his humour in that quirky smile - it was right on the button IMO. :)

And the Indiana Jones a few pages back is just awesome and delicious. [face_love] The shading really makes him come alive, and also - as in those cards of Slave Leia and Anakin - capture mood really well. I love Leia's face - so pensive and at the same time determined and focused. And Anakin - so troubled. :) Fantastic pieces all of them. =D=

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The cards are awesome!=D=

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for all the kind comments, all! It's very much appreciated! [:D]

For those interested in the auction itself, all the cards will be on display sometime in April and the auction will be held directly after. I will keep everyone posted and provide links as we get closer to the event. :)

I currently have quite a few things in the works; mostly fan fiction related. So, expect a bigger update than usual sometime soon!

15. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Picard = Teh Coolz

Great job, HS.

-B-

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I love that you do things for a good cause.

[:D]

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, you two, it's much appreciated! [:D]

I know it's a little late, but for anyone who's interested, my cards did fairly well in the auction. They all ended between $32-$36, which made me very happy. Thank you all who bid in the auction and helped to raise money for a great cause!

On the heels of the the Blue Line event, I took up another gig doing sketch cards for a March of Dimes auction. Here are the completed cards and once again, they did fairly well over all:

[link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/Fan%20Art/sswanger-sketch-marchdimes.jpg]March of Dimes Sketch Cards[/link]

Enjoy! :)

18. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    (Azure in disguise)

Wonderful new pieces, Han. I like the light and shadow play on the faces of your characters. It creates a dense, emotional atmosphere.

19. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Great job ! the colors are amazing. I'm impressed how you can capture emotion in a tiny space, and the details too =D=

I'm so glad your cards did well.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Amazing! Especially the Indy ones. Your use of color adn light is amazing :)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    the Indy cards are so nice with that light and emotion.

And love the Luke, Leia, Han

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    (Azure as herself... :D... and NOT as her own up-date sock)

Can´t wait to see your next ´social project´... @};-

23. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Beautiful work! You've captured all the characters at very key moments, which is great. And I love your technique, they look very real and yet sketchy enough to have an artistic feel to them. I love the Indy ones as well! [face_love] Wonderful work!

24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    =D=Those are great!

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! It's been a long time since I've updated this! [face_tired]

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful comments! Thank you for stopping by and taking time out to view my work! It's much appreciated! And of course, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates. I just haven't had a lot of time for SW related work. But I think the dry spell has passed! I have a few up and coming things and I wanted to share a bit of that with all of you!

This is a little WIP piece that I'm working on. I have a series of three images that I need to do for a couple of fan fic stories by March 1st and this is the first in the series. It's in the final sketch stage at the moment and now that it's scanned into the computer, I plan to really flesh it out and add a background in Photoshop:

A Night on Bespin WIP

Enjoy! :)