main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Some crazy ideas I had a while back...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RogueNine, Dec 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    Back in the day I posted some of my theories to some answers to Episode I -- like why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear like a true Jedi Master would and is there an after-life in the Star Wars Galaxy?

I posted those thoughts on the Midwest Discussion page and I got ripped on big time. I was accused of using a illegal substance while thinking of those ideas.

Just to recap what my ideas were:

1. Qui-Gon Jinn was actually a Sith insider, working in secret with Darth Sidious. Supposedly, Qui-Gon Jinn forsees Anakin to be a future Dark Lord of the Sith and pushes the Jedi Council to train him. Qui-Gon would also know that he would be sacrificed, Obi-Wan would train the young Skywalker and will ultimately fail.

You'd think that someone like Yoda or Mace Windu would see right through Qui-Gon that he would be a Sith, but a classic quote from Yoda himself, "Hard to see the Dark Side is."

We have yet to see a Dark Lord of the Sith die (we really don't know what happens to Darth Maul's separated body, and Darth Vader was redeemed (according to the Official Site, Anakin Skywalker disappears inside Vader's suit, therefore a spirit form at the end of RotJ), Emperor Palpatine -- well, yeah, but his spirit lived).

I wonder if Sith Lords disappear or not when they die. Some people say that Qui-Gon died a "true death," whatever that means, but he died at the hands of a lightsaber, just like Obi-Wan and he disappeared. Yoda died of old age, and I would consider that to be a "true death." I remember reading in Greg Bear's "Rogue Planet" about "true death" or something like that, but I can't recall it.

2. After-lives in the Star Wars Galaxy? A paradise or a hell? Recall Han Solo saying in ESB when he says, "I'll see you in hell!" when he goes out and looks for Luke. Maybe those who aren't Force-sensitive get to go someplace also...

Just some things I thought of a while back. I don't really know if I still believe in these wacked-out ideas -- but be prepared for any surprises in Ep. II or III, cuz Mr. George Lucas loves doing that.

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    RN, I saw that! I thought you had some great ideas and saw where someone ripped on you.

I got ripped on myself once on that forum (Midwest general), so I stopped posting there.

I don't think anyone should get flamed for having theories and then posting on it. It's okay to disagree with someone else's theory, but only a small person would take it to the level of name calling.

Anyhow, I thought you had some intelligent and well-thought out insights! Especially the topic about afterlife - that was very interesting!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Just an explanation off the top of my head, so please be kind. Maybe bodies disappear when the person is ready to let go or die. Yoda and Obi Wan new they were leaving the physical world. Perhaps the body doesn't vanish when the spirit residing inside wasn't expecting to lose its home.

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    BF, that's a great speculation, and I think others agree with that.

Another thing I thought along the spirit vanishing theory is maybe it's a Jedi trick that Yoda knew of (and taught to Ben, but not Qui-Gon or Vader). Perhaps when Obi-Wan told Vader that "if you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you ever dreamed of", he was talking about this Jedi Trick where a fallen Jedi can combine their spirit/power with that of another force-sensitive. Of course, they have to prepare to do that ("preform the trick")

Luke heard Ben very clearly after Ben was struck down, even though Luke still had very little training. Plus, when Luke was going to Cloud City and Ben didn't want him to go, Ben said something like "If you go, I won't help you". That could be another explanation of why Luke was much stronger in his battle with Vader in ROTJ (in addition to his additional training and knowledge). In ROTJ, he had both Ben and Yoda's power combined with his. On Bespin, Ben wasn't assisting him so it was just Luke on his own.

This is just my own theory, based on nothing but an idea.

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Not to beat a dead horse (whack, whack), but GL diod say he would explain the lack of Qui-Gon's disappearence in E2.

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Another thought, if the Sith are such a mystery, how is it that the Jedi know there are only two at a time. Furthermore, why was Yoda such a bitch in TPM.

7. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    I also wondered why Yoda was kind of a crab-ass in "The Phantom Menace." He was kind of a prick in ESB (beating helpless Artoo with his gimer stick, stealing Luke's light).

Maybe it's because Yoda's been around for so long WITHOUT a life partner -- I mean he's been around for 800 years! You'd think he'd be a little frustrated!

Same with Mace Windu -- we've got to find some women for these up-tight Jedi!

8. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd volunteer, but then I remebered how scary Yoda's hands are.

9. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm sorry, but I'm really laughing my ass off right now!

Bobafemme -- you're comment damn near made me fall off my chair. Yoda's hands, my God.

10. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Yoda is pissed, man!!!!! He didn't want Anakin to be trained. Had real reservations about the kid, but let ObiWan talk him into letting the boy be trained. Then the kid turns around and tries to kill him!!! You would be a angry Jedi too if that happened to you!

11. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Yoda was so much more angry in TPM when he couldn't see the future clearly. More crotchety old man or alien or whatever you call him in ESB. So, wouldn't he be more angry post-Anakin being a naughty Jedi? And he shouldn't be angry anyway after his speech to Anakin. I wholeheartedly agree with Rogue Nine, those Jedi need more action.

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    He was close to death in ESB. Even Mr. Wiggins, the carnival owner, got less upset with the meddling kids than Mr. Jamerson, the museum director.

13. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you Rogue Nine, I aim to please or at least humor. A good reason I'm perfect for a certain Jedi.

14. Xizors_Mistress

Xizors_Mistress Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2000
    Regarding your 1st idea, I've thought about that very thing. But why would QGG sacrifice himself? Hmm... As for 2, well, I haven't thought about that.

15. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    As for idea #1, I've always thought it would be revealed that Qui-Gon was bad and knew what he was doing to! I don't think he was a Sith, but certainly no saint. I also think he used a Jedi Mind Trick on Obi-Wan right before he died. I think Obi let his guard down because he was so upset about his master's impending death and Qui-Gon took advantage of this opportunity convincing him that he MUST train Anakin no matter what. That's my opinion anyhow.

As for the whole paradise and hell thing, I don't think you go to hell just because you're not strong in the force. Probably something like if you believe in the force and accept it as a good thing, that's all that matters. Otherwise most of the characters in SW movies and EU would be damned for not doing anything wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.