main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some Other Future's Past - AU: Jedi refuse to train Anakin. Tagged. Updated finally on 3/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Chaos_Rose, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh that's a good one. i can't wait to see what happens next. glad to see you again.

2. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Glad you're back rose! :)

Good job Anakin! I wonder what Obi-Wan will say when he finds out. :p

3. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Good to have you back! Excellent post! They got Qui-Gon! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Aaah, I can feel the ratio of the boards lifting as I read. Lovely to see that you're back! I need this more than ever. ;)

5. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hi, all! I'm still here, but up to my ass - as usual. I'm writing as much as I can - with my reality I need to escape as frequently as possible!

Thanks for the feedback and good wishes, it means a lot to me. :)

Look for an update this weekend - I'm off to go catch up on my reading!

6. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Goody, update this weekend. Can't wait. :D

7. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **Frowns** I is now Monday and I don't see a post!

UP!

8. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    I completely missed that last post. [face_blush].

They´ve got Qui-Gon! Very nice!
    Anakin certainy is a sneaky little bugger.

9. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Sorry guys, Darths Life and Work have conspired to give me a new Darth.

Darth Ulcer and Darth Stomach Virus simultaneously knocked me on my sorry butt and I've was frankly too miserable to even handle sitting at the computer for a while.

I'm almost done with the new bit, and you will finally find out what was in those packages!

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    hope you are feeling better

11. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Okay, sorry it took so long, but ::: points at the Gallery of Darths ::: blame them.

I'm feeling much better, thanks for all the good wishes and get well cards, when your just effing miserable, knowing that someone wishes you weren't is worth its weight in chocolate.

The story - or at least this part of it - is winding up, but I am not going to make any promises on how soon. We still have to get Shmi, and Anakin has to fight the greatest and most fearsome adversary ever.

Adolesence.

More to come!

~

It was a very good plan, Chaawushro had to give it that. To use tradition to free a most untraditional Jedi had a pleasing irony, as well. However?

"You are not well. Understand, though you gain strength rapidly, you also lose it rapidly ? unless you rest, unless you are fully rested, you might well be on the floor before you can call your Question." The red-furred Wookie shook a clawed finger under Obi-Wan's nose. "I do not heal my patients to go into harm, nor would the fierce cub who protects you be pleased at being left behind."

Obi-Wan was trying to ignore the fact that Rabé ? the aforementioned fierce cub ? was in the room, fuming off to one side and shooting glares that should have left the scent of scorched ozone in their wake.

Obi-Wan was going to the Convocation and every Jedi under Naboo's roof, every padawan, every knight and master was going with him. Over three hundred strong, all of whom wanted to do the same as Obi-Wan ? to ask a question that only Qui-Gon Jinn could answer.

It was a hard thing for Obi-Wan to do, to lead them. When it had been only him to ask the question, he had looked forward to the challenge with a grim anticipation. Now that people intended to follow him, the young Jedi felt guilt. How could he not? He was about to take the order he loved, drive a wedge into its very heart and split it asunder.

Chaawushro continued, "I will agree to your going, if and only if you rest deeply for today and tomorrow, and if ? "

Rabé pirated the space after the 'if,' "You take me, Chaawushro and the handmaidens with you."

"Out of the bloody question." Obi-Wan blinked as if surprised at his own vehemence and modulated his tone, "Not that you and the others are not capable, not that you are not discreet, but we are going into a temple ? not a brawl."

Chaawushro spoke over the top of Rabé's reply, giving the girl an admonishing look. "And I want you to leave the small cub behind."

Obi-Wan blinked. "Anakin? Why?"

"Some cubs have made an art of finding trouble. You padawan, Anakin, is one such." The Wookie sighed, "The cub is wild, but worse, he is fearless. He has fears, yes, I know, but for his own safety, there is none. There are those who would harm him, even within the temple, while you are distracted. Leave him here."

Obi-Wan was silent for a time. "I would like to think that he would obey such an order, yet I am having a hard time convincing myself of it."

Rabé snorted, "Either lock him in or give him to Eritaé, she can handle anything that he can come up with. You have to meet her brothers some time, Obi-Wan."

"The fierce cub speaks with wisdom, Jedi Knight." Chaawushro kept her tone light, but did not soften the rebuke. "Wisdom is rare, so take the gift when it is so freely offered."

Obi-Wan graced the healer with a wry look, and then bowed as best he could from bed. "I am informed that you are as wise as you are brave and gallant, oh handmaiden. It shall be as you desire."

Again a snort, but with a pleased smile. "About time you noticed, oh wise Jedi. And you've even loosened up enough to bow! Chaawushro, how did you ever get that bloody big stick out of his?"

"Rabé!" Obi-Wan was turning interesting colors again.

It was amusing to watch Obi-Wan and Rabé spar. Human courting rituals were subtle and complex, with the male often not aware that he was being courted. Once he became aware of the courting, the male would often believe it to be his own idea. The female would seldom enlighten him.

Humans were just plain odd.

~

H

12. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Huff and Puff. Boy, that was a lot, Rose, but I'm glad to see you're back and feeling well. :)

Actually, there's too much to comment on, but I did enjoy the "Captain Oblivious" title and the title for Rabé's... uh, pinch. :D ;)

Well done. :)

Now...

Give us more, please!!! :D

13. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Oh this was a wonderful pick me up for today!

Great post! I love the Rabe / Captain Oblivious and the Wookies take on it.

thank you!

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    And in a completely unforseen turn of events - nothing happens at the Convocation! :eek: Just a bunch of drunk Jedi mulling around clanking guinnesses together and talking about that one time on Corellia!

BRILLIANT plot twist.

And could you be any less than stunning?

THEFALLEN

15. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    I loved the scene with Padme and picking out her outfit for her 'date'. Very funny. The stumbling over the words was great. I also thought the banter and relationship between the handmaidens was great.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I have really missed your humorous handmaidens and their methods of controlling stuborn young jedi. Glad to see them back in action!

17. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *stands up and claps* BRAVO!!!

18. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    It's good to have you back Rose! Glad you're feeling better :)

"About time you noticed, oh wise Jedi. And you've even loosened up enough to bow! Chaawushro, how did you ever get that bloody big stick out of his?"

"Rabé!" Obi-Wan was turning interesting colors again
    [face_laugh] I just love the banter between Rabe and Captain Oblivious :p

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Good to see you back and I hope you are feeling much better. That was a wonderful post. I can't wait to see what happens at the Convocation.

20. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    "'Paua Pinch. " ?!?

Ouch! :p

21. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That was wonderful! :D :D :D :D :D

22. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    I finally checked back! Great update! Sometimes I think we forget that at this point Ami and Ani are just little kids, don't we? **grins** Hope to hear from you again soon.

23. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
  24. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Just a friendly up!

25. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    And another one! :D

Thread Status: