main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some suggestions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Huntsville, AL' started by Sock_Hunter, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sock_Hunter

Sock_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    (1)If you want to get more people into your FanForce, put the link to this board in your signature (for example: "Join the Huntsville FanForce at http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10072). That way, if/when you go out into the rest of the JC, people can look at your signature and go, "Hey, I live in/near Huntsville! I didn't know there was a FanForce! Let's click on the link and see what's happening."

(2)Also, printing up flyers for your next meeting and passing them out in geek-friendly places like comic book and gaming stores will help get the information out to people who either don't have a computer or don't really spend that much time on the internet.

(3)PLAN SOMETHING! It doesn't have to be complicated; all it takes is one person saying, "Okay, I'm going to see this movie at this time on this date. Who else is coming?" and telling the RSA about it a week in advance so they can put the information up in the FanForce activities list. If three people show up, you've had a meeting. If three people don't show up, that sucks, but plan something else within the next week or two. I would recommend planning to do something (going to a movie, dinner, coffee house, bookstore, having movie party at one person's house, etc) at least twice a month so people will have an opportunity to attend.

If you have more questions, feel free to contact the Southeast RSA Minacia_Brightstar or Elan-Rai . :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.