main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Something Borrowed, Something New Mod!Challenge - Congrats to our Winners!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 30, 2022.

1. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    It was absolutely impossible to dig down through all the layers of in-joke to explain sufficiently-but-not-overwhelmingly to my husband why this made me snort laugh cackle so hard

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'll take Tier 2, #8, because why have impulse control. :p

Line of dialogue: "I am dead sure that I have an “else” somewhere in my toolkit.”

Picture:

(@Jedi_Lover has created a monster by introducing me to AI rendering sites. [face_laugh] This is not too far from what I pictured for the setting of the Zeunuran festival mentioned in Illumination!)

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    My old pal, so happy to see you joining in! :D Yes, by all means, here are you prompts for tier 2, no. 8:
    • Trope: Sharp Dressed Man/Woman
    • Words: Burden, Ruddy, Musician
    • Dialogue: “You’ll make us crash!”
    • Random Story Element: Woefully incompatible housemates
    • Picture:
      [​IMG]

And that is a fantastic-looking image! I shall get it added to our list in just a mo! :cool:

@vader_incarnate , just to check: are you adding any of those words or images to our list of mods’ prompts? Totally OK if you are, totally OK if not, just checking and all that. :D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  4. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    @Findswoman no, I'm not, I already got my two in! Unless you eventually open up for more suggestions

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Returning with a few prompts for the mods.

Picture:
    (from "Something is shining like gold, but better")

Random story element: Secret nighttime meetings in the catacombs. (from "The Wrong Side of History")

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Pandora love those both! (Is the photo your own? That’s extra cool!) Got them added to our list. Whoo boy, we mods are really and truly in for some challenging fun! :D

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, NICE! I'm adding those to the list right now. :D

Do we have anyone else who would like to help challenge the mods? [face_batting] [face_mischief]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Tier 3 number 9 please

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    You got it! :) Here you go:
    Trope: Due to the Dead
    Words: Shiny, Pastille, Senseless
    Dialogue: "You don’t really need to do that, you know!”
    Random Story Element: Meticulous hot beverage preparation
    Setting element: A cobblestone pathway across a verdant lawn
    New Mod Element: Sesquipedalian
    Old Mod Element: Sass
    Picture:
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy! :cool:

11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    An Important Announcement:

(Blows trumpet in a fanfare.)

Ladies and gentlemen of the fanfic community, it is my pleasure to announce that we are now opening up the opportunity for repeat submissions in the challenge the mod category. So everyone is now able to submit more than 2 prompts to challenge the mods. Thank you!

12. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Did someone say we can submit more prompts??? [face_mischief]

Okay, before I do, is there a limit on how many more we can submit? Can we do another two, or some other amount? [face_batting]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Let's say two more for now. Then, if we need more prompts, we'll let you loose and you can do your worst. ;) [face_mischief]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  14. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    I am here WITH BELLS and also "exsanguinate, saccharine, synapse," I'll come up with another one, that was just the most pressing. :p

EDIT: from "On the Creation of Monsters"

15. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I know you guys were expecting vivisection, but I decided to subvert expectations**. :p

[face_batting] [face_mischief]

(Edit, because I was rushing to post :p)
    **But I still took my three words from the story with the vivisection, you're welcome [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Aw yeah :cool:

Three words: discount, choreography, butterfly - from The Story So Far
    Random story element: choosing a paint color - from Settling In

17. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to see so many people stepping forward with extra submissions to challenge the mods so quickly[face_dancing]

I have updated the index with the latest submissions! At this point, the slots available to challenge the mods in are:

1 picture

AND

1 trope

Thank you! :)

18. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
  19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @vader_incarnate Awesome! I've got your trope added to the index now as well, and what a delightfully spooky one it was for the Halloween season[face_pumpkin]

With that, there is 1 picture slot available, everyone!

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I feel like you were all just waiting to dogpile with your prompts, and we love you for that. [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_love]

*is also relieved to have gossamer instead of vivisection, it's such a beautiful word so hush you about its context :p*

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_batting] [face_whistling]

22. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    We absolutely were. ;) :* [face_batting]

[face_whistling] [face_mischief]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Random story element "Sugarcookie"

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, sorry, I’m afraid our Random Story Elements list is full now; the only open prompt slot is one picture slot. But if you can find us, say, a nice photo of sugar cookies, it could go in that slot! :D

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, go with that option. I'm sure Sugarcookie would pull up pictures of a stripper from Des Moines but we certainly don't want to go that route.