main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Something Borrowed, Something New Mod!Challenge - Congrats to our Winners!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 30, 2022.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay! Now up to three entries—so glad you're on board! Got you in the index now. :)

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @vader_incarnate Just saw your added question! Yes, the spoiler policy is for a week after the TV episode to which the spoiler applies aired. Hope this helps:)

Kahara, Mira_Jade , pronker and 2 others like this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Posted the start of my challenge response - The Fourth Path

Actually really cool as I went back and edited and drew on a bunch of past drabbles for the first chapter as that's part of Kithera's canon legacy - the alternate timeline kind kicks in during chapter 2 :)

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That’s excellent, Kit’! Got you in the index now. “The Fourth Path” is our fourth entry! :D

Mira_Jade , Kahara, pronker and 2 others like this.
  5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you! Also love the unintentional symmetry!

Mira_Jade , Kahara, pronker and 2 others like this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Good morning, I posted the beginning of the challenge response here.

7. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay, that’s great! It’s in the index now. Such a joy to see the entries rolling in! :)

8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    And you, ma’am, are in! So excited to have you on board! :D

10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Ok, started writing, just hope it's done in time [face_laugh]

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great, that’s wonderful news! If you could please post a link for us here, we’ll get it into the index right away! :)

12. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I'll do that as soon as it's done.

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    It’s totally all right if it’s not done yet! Several other participants are working on multichapter stories for this challenge that aren’t complete finished yet, but we still like including the links to the chapters they do have so that people can begin reading. Now, I did just see that you posted a story thread—but if you feel like you posted accidentally and aren’t ready for people to see it yet (and that is totally fine), I can delete that thread, and you can simply start a new one when you are done and ready. Would that work for you? :)

14. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Actually I think i can edit it and just make it the first chapter. Thanks for offering though :)

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    That is totally fine, too, and I’m that case, I’ll add it to the index!

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    pronker, Kahara, Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  18. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Thanks, glad to finally get at least part of something in on time.

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    And I too have begun posting my contribution to the challenge, which will be a short multichapter story taking place on Naboo:

The Secret of the Water Gardens

EDIT: As of Wednesday the 23rd, it’s finished.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  20. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's the first of two posts for my story "Detours" for Tier Two. The second post will be tomorrow or Saturday.

I'd also like to request that my story not be part of the voting for colors, please. It's a weird quirk of mine, but when I think there are stakes involved I start writing differently, and this story was enough of a challenge for me without that added mental layer. :p I had some difficulties early on, switched ideas, and still had trouble until I realized I was telling the wrong story. :rolleyes: It got a bit easier after that.

Thanks for a fun and challenging challenge! :D I'm looking forward to reading through the other stories.

21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Well done getting the first part of your story posted, @Thumper09! =D=

We look forward to seeing the second part when it is up!

I've added your story to the index and included a note about how you requested the story not be considered for colors.

If you do change your mind and want to be considered for colors, just let us mods know by PM or in this thread by November 27th. :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    pronker, Kahara, Thumper09 and 2 others like this.
  22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Finally finished and posted the last chapter of my story (and just in time too!). It seriously felt like it could just keep going, so I put my foot down - I don't need another unfinished story in my life :p

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    We are down to the wire, folks, with only hours left to go until the deadline! What other stories may we see before time's up? [face_batting]

(And if you're like me and RL didn't let you finish on time, remember, we still want to see what you're able to write for the challenge! Share your links here and we'll be happy to add your stories to the Index as a belated entry! :D)

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 4 others like this.
  24. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Mira_Jade , that's good to know! :) I'm hoping to finish mine sometime this year, so wish me luck. And congrats to all the folks that did get their stories in on time! =D=

25. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm working on it. I'm oh so very close. Only two more sentences to go...

Just one quick question: I know the deadline is at 12 am, but in what time zone?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022