main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Shoulda gone with Jane Kim, San Francisco!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Given her poll numbers at the time she dropped out, nothing.

4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    In CA she still had a non negligible support. We can't deny that hers would be a powerful endorsement.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I can deny it. Her support in the primary collapsed. Many of her remaining supporters were going to switch to Biden anyway, so endorsing him gives him little he wasn’t already going to get.

Who is going to be inspired by a Kamala endorsement that wasn’t already going to vote Biden anyway? Very few, I think. Warren voters who want a woman aren’t switching. Warren voters who preferred the more centrist Kamala...don’t exist, as they never would have switched to the more progressive appearing Warren over openly centrist Biden.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Joe Rogan's endorsement of Bernie Sanders is a big deal. I'm seeing a lot of takes that Bernie should disavow the endorsement because Rogan and his fans are problematic. That would be extremely dumb. Bernie is appealing to these people not because he agrees with the problematic things Rogan has said, but because he is finding common ground with them purely as a result of his left-wing rhetoric and policies. This is how we win. It's his entire theory of change.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    "Non negligible." Her parents must be proud.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The dumb Twitter Left criticizing Bernie for not disavowing Rogan's endorsement is the most perfect example of why we always lose.

10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    MSM and the party establishment will love this but it's really just a lot of inside-baseball style politics and it might actually hurt Biden. It will start the narrative that he's picking a VP before he's secured the primary. The few Harris supporters still out there are rabid and angry, and they will demand that from him. The preening liberal pundits will wax poetic about how it is some kind of meaningful alliance, which is laughable because everyone paying attention for the last few months remembers that her big moment of principle was to attack Biden's record on race. The whole maneuver could look incredibly disingenuous, and I don't see much upside to it. The reason her poll numbers were sinking in CA was because voters were actually starting to scrutinize her record. As a lifelong CA resident, I can assure you, she is not especially beloved here, and won her seat more by default and on the back of the state party's machine rather than any popular campaign. Her endorsement would not translate to any substantial number of votes in CA imo.

MrZAP and CT-867-5309 like this.
  11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IF Biden gets the nomination, there is a far better chance it’s Amy Klobuchar for the Midwest support she brings. California is already a lock for Joe in the general if he gets there.

Kamala has a chance at a cabinet post though- knowing Joe, probably AG.

So...yeah....

Rew likes this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Can't stand him. He's entitlement 101 in media.

13. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Klobuchar isn't going to help him win the Midwest, though. Biden's camp would probably prefer to have a poc woman if they can for optics alone, like how they've tossed around Stacey Abrams's name. Harris is in that same category.

14. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

It will always backfire from now on. She is a plutocrat. He is a social democrat. End of story.

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
  16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Obviously she volunteered to be his anti-surrogate.

"Bernie, my approval numbers are awful. I can't campaign for you. So I was thinking... maybe sometimes I can insult you in public. Say something insane like 'No one likes him.' Which is obviously untrue. I can act bitter and petulant about 2016. That might shore up your numbers a bit."

"You would do that for me, Hillary?"

"No, Bernie. I would do it for the country. For the world."

"You are one of the most selfless people I have ever met, Secretary Clinton."

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    One of the most surprising things about this primary race is how consistently bad Warren has been in handling situations like this.

These are not gotcha questions. It's really not difficult.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hillary is a modern Lelouch vi Britannia

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Truth. Hillary just has a way of digging holes, doesn't she?

20. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    This new remake of The Wages of Fear sounds awful.

21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The replies to that are hilarious though.

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    You can bet that Hunter Biden doesn't give af about driving in dangerous weather.

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Come rain or shine or blizzard, he will be at the strip club to see his favorite girl.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Re: Joe Rogan. I don't like Joe Rogan at all. He's definitely transphobic and has problematic views. But we're not going to win an election only having the purest of the pure vote for us. That's how we lose an election.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Bernie just made a post showing Joe Rogan saying good things about him. That's it. This is what triggered the fury of everyone.

As usual, on Twitter people get super heated about the most irrelevant non-issue you could possibly imagine.

Twitter seems an imaginary post-apocalyptic world where a visitor finds it impossible to communicate because he's surrounded by weird aliens who only understand one another and talk a completely different language.

In order to survive on Twitter you must learn to think like a moron. Making sense is a crime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.