main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something I have been VERY concerned with as of late...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by The_Sith_Prophet, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I've asked for proof supporting many of The Sith Prophet's claims and statements. He has given none. He merely keeps trying to make more claims and statements.

If you are going to throw out "reasons" why the DFs and the Bashers' Sanctuary should be closed and are asked to prove your statements, do so. If not, you are merely throwing out fluff.

As for my influence around here, I am flattered but you are completely off the mark. I have very little influence around here. AC members have no power at all. We are normal JC members that the Mods call on to ask our opinion from time to time. That's it.

And I thought you wanted this thread locked, The Sith Prophet. Why then do you keep posting in it?

2. RevengeOfJohnnyNova

RevengeOfJohnnyNova Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Prophet,

You just mentioned me in your last post as a flamer.

That's a personal attack.
    If I'm not mistaken, personal attacks are a breach of the TOS.

You might wanna edit that.
    Just a warning, dude.

3. The_Sith_Prophet

The_Sith_Prophet Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Follow the link to eoA's profile; go into his recent threads, and look up the reply to a thread called "Boba to be horribly disfigured in episode III", and you'll see what AoE members do.

4. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    Here is an example of some trolling on the part of the ***AoE***.

5. RevengeOfJohnnyNova

RevengeOfJohnnyNova Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    You're gonna get a real bad name for yourself if you keep making false accusations, man.

Seems to me like this entire thread is one long gutless attempt by Prophet to get other members banned.

Is that really the nature of these boards?
    I thought we were here to talk SW, not sink the hatchet into each others' backs.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I enitrly agree. Defense Forces and Bashers Guilds merely incite flamming and cause a gap to be formed in our ranks.

The Sith Prophet when am I going to see proof that the Defense FOrces incite flaming?

EDIT: HEY! That link goes to the Ep 3 Spoilers forum! You were already warned not to do that!

7. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    strilo, as soon as I can find the link to those two Gusher/Basher threads on 3SA that had to be locked within two hours of being formed because of flamming, I'll post their links.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Or proof they divide the fanbase? Fans are divided by their attitudes not their tastes or choosen posting threads. I have friends that are bashers, friends that are gushers. I have fellow FF officers who are gushers and fellow CRs who are gushers, and they still like me (and I them) even though they know I post in the Sanct. The two threads were formed as a reaction to intolerant attitudes, their intent was not to attack the other side, but to haven themself from the attacks from time to time (well, in the case of the Sanct, I'll let Darthseti5 chime in about the DFs).

9. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    Here I quote JohnnyNova from that link-

1: "Can i get in...
    ***EoA***x3
    Ahhhh....yeah...."

2."Whoops, looks like three EoA's in a row have unleashed the EoA beast. Yay!!!"

here is a post by EoA:

"I live! I proclaim Boba completely irrelevant to the plot of Episode 3! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

AgonyEngine:
    "This thread= will palpatine laugh tripe
    ***EoA*** double dose!"

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that why the Defence Forces were created? to keep the bashers of these forums to one area? So that they would not go too far and bash the entire forum's other threads?

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    strilo, as soon as I can find the link to those two Gusher/Basher threads on 3SA that had to be locked within two hours of being formed because of flamming, I'll post their links.

Uhhh wait. How does someone flaming in the 3SA forum prove that the TPMDF or the AOTCDF incited that?

12. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Stridarious, that never was what any of the DFs were created for.

13. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    THIS is why Quixotic Sith and strillo are against me. They are, in fact, members of a Defense Force themselves.

I'm going throught the TPM Bashers Guild right now.

And THIS, at least some of the things said on tihs page, could easily start a flame war.

14. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Maybe we need to focus this discussion a bit. It seems like it's going in twenty different directions at once.

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh I am sorry then, I was given this small snippet of information PMed to me by a one JCer here. This is the issue to which she described what The_Sith_Prophet just stated.

[i][edited][/i][hr][/blockquote]

[b]YJ edit: Don't post the contents of PM's. PM's are meant to be private. If this person wants their thoughts public, they can post here.[/b]

16. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    "isn't that why the Defence Forces were created? to keep the bashers of these forums to one area? So that they would not go too far and bash the entire forum's other threads?"

That doesn't even make any sense. Why would someone create a DF to keep all the bashers in it? Why would the mods create one thread that bashers were restricted to posting in? How could mods even decide who was a "basher" and thus doomed to exile in that one thread?

17. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    Focus on AoE first.

The TPM Bashers Sanctuary is very large, and it will take me some time to go through it and ferret out all flames between Gushers and Bashers.

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That doesn't even make any sense. Why would someone create a DF to keep all the bashers in it? Why would the mods create one thread that bashers were restricted to posting in? How could mods even decide who was a "basher" and thus doomed to exile in that one thread?

Yes, I just realized that. thus why I appologized. I got thrown off a bit by the things being tossed about that I forgot the meaning of the word 8-}

19. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Okay. :)

And while I laugh at the contents of that PM, I don't think it's a good idea to post it. It's a PM for a reason, and the mods have said before that the contents of a PM should not be publically posted. If they say it's okay to leave it, then I'll address some of the falsehoods in it, but I expect it will just be removed.

20. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
  21. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    The one Stridarious posted.

"... this small snippet of information PMed to me ..."

22. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Yes, posting PMs is a no-no. ;) :) :) :p :D ;) :)

23. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Ok I was not going to post in here but closeing the two DF threads and the BS thread are bad ideas.

Let's look at the fact's it's not thoes threads that hurt the fan base it just a small group of fans that hurt the fan base on both sides.

I think someone in here said the G/B war was going on long before those threads. Well if it has then they are needed. Because it seems that the small group of gushers and bashers who post here don't get something yet. If you like th movies so what. If you don't like them so what.

Also just to let you know Quixotic-Sith and even Oakessteve do a fine job as mods. The problem is that when there is a problem they don't seem to be PMed. The mods and admins can do nothing if you do not let them know. They have life's of TF.net so they can not go trhough ever thread to see what is going on.

Also you are not going to know if someone is banned or not. You see most mods don't come out and just say so and so was banned. If you ask they may tell you. But really it is between the mod and the person who was banned.

Also let's say those three threads are locked. What's next? What other threads do you want to lock?

Do you want to lock this one The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 8: A New Hope

Or how about this one: Defenders of the A&P ..for all fans of the A/P love story

Heck do you want this one locked to: Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Heck let's just close down all the YJCC and SWC. They all have threads that are for this group or that group. But you know it's like that in all fandoms. This group of people like this thing. The other like this thing and so on. You will drive way a lot of people by locking those threads because what's to stop someone form wanting those other three threads locked? Not a whole lot.

24. The_Sith_Prophet

Feb 22, 2003
    Just look at the names: BASHER and GUSHER.

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    There's a big difference between a movie discussion forum and a community-type forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.