main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Something Sweetly Recalled. L/M & Leia. One-shot Award-prize for divapilot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 29, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Something Sweetly Recalled
    By Nyota’s Heart
    Characters: Luke and Leia . L/M.
    Genre: Humor and unrepentant recollections.

Disclaimer: Just borrowing the characters for a bit of fun.

AN: For the wonderful and talented! divapilot as an awards prize. Inspired by Annia Piet ’s “Professional Pride”, the epilogue specifically.

~!

Luke and Leia were having lunch together. Luke was wolfing down his and her fries.

“I changed the codes to my comm center this morning. The holojournalists have been pestering me again ever since you announced you were retiring, permanently, this time.” He was telling Leia.

“I did that after Anakin and then moreso after Bree.” Leia answered. “But now I’m doing it so I can enjoy any grandkids that come along.”

“You and Han have earned it.” Luke said emphatically. “R2 made the oddest comment when I changed the codes, something about Mara breaking in or something long ago. Rather after we finished with C’Baoth and the events on Wayland.”

“She infiltrated your comm codes back then?” Leia asked. “Why?”

Luke shrugged. “I don’t know … I mean, I don’t think that was what R2 was talking about. But as soon as I asked, he wouldn’t divulge anything else.”

Leia rolled her eyes. “Maybe, have you thought that Han’s right? R2 and 3PO are in for a memory wipe.”

“Don’t even think it!” Luke exclaimed.

“I know, they’re like part of the family.” Leia smirked.

*~

Later, Luke told Mara about his luncheon talk with Leia.
    Mara blushed furiously and confessed her clandestine entry into his apartment all those years ago.

Luke gazed at his bride in amazement. “You are still full of surprises, Mara! Why did you do it?”

The look in his eyes and what she could pick up through the Force let Mara know he was more curious and amused than anything. “I thought it was a good idea at the time, Luke.” She answered lowly. “I don’t even know what I was thinking or trying to prove. I sneaked into your bedroom…” She blushed again, and he said: “You’re lovely when you blush!”

She glowered. “Don’t ever tell a redhead that, Skywalker!” She said and then grimaced. “You mean it don’t you. Of course you do.” The memory of his peacefully slumbering form crossed her mind again and of his whispered words: ”Mara, come back to bed.”

When Luke caught the whisper of this recollection, he was astonished, at himself, this time! “I was dreaming of you, and apparently, in a most intimate manner!” He exclaimed. “Oh, if only I had remembered my dream the next morning.” His tone was full of regret. “That was one of the few times I didn’t remember my dreams when I woke up. I just had this odd sense of well-being but didn’t know why. I was in a very good mood all that day. Better than usually, I remember everyone commenting.”

Mara chuckled and leaned in for a kiss. “Well, now you’ve gotten a chance to whisper that to me for a fact, it beats waking up alone doesn’t it?”

Luke wrapped her up in a fierce hug and kissed her thoroughly. “Yes, my love, it does.”

A memory practically forgotten was something sweetly recalled between he and she, and something they might choose to tell their kids about one day…

++++

[:D]
    SQUEE!

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, thank you so much for this awesome little viggy! And you gave my girl Bree a shout-out. ^:)^

This is a beautiful little glimpse into their lives. I love how Luke eats up his lunch and his sister's too.[face_laugh] and that last line:

A memory practically forgotten was something sweetly recalled between he and she, and something they might choose to tell their kids about one day…

Gorgeous. Thank you, thank you for this gift! [:D]

3. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Bwah ha ha ha! Artoo finally tatles on her! Love it! Good job it was after they were already married though, or that could have caused some fireworks!

I particularly like the way Mara has forgotten why she did it - it shows how much has changed for her over that time

Gemma, AzureAngel2, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hah! LOL at Luke's surprise and Mara's confession. Artoo clearly has a sense of humor about the whole situation... he was enjoying leading Luke on like that, I'm sure! [face_laugh] Fun tie-in here to Annia's story.

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Awww this was so cute! And for Luke finding out about Mara's sneaky late night break-ins... [face_love]

6. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    This reminds me so much of people who keep trying to retire and end up falling back into work. Because they're workaholics. Like Leia. :p But it's nice to see her moving towards taking a bit of a break here. Glad to see Bree referenced.

Mara's past misbehavior revealed, oh my. [face_laugh] Their joking about it in the present is a contrast to how awkward they would have felt at the time. As someone else said, it shows how much they've changed.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Reading a vignette from you is like having desert! :D

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! @};- I just knew that eventually the secret would come out, both secrets LOL [face_love] Having them come out when they're already together creates the opportunity for mushy time! ;)

9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    All of this story was an awwwww moment for me. And that last line was beyond beautiful.@};- I love your mushiness -- anytime -- anywhere.[face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Awww. This was funny and adorable at the same time! I loved how you interlinked the stories here, with the reference to "Professional Pride" and the little cameo by Bree. And Artoo... he's just the biggest voyeur in the Galaxy ;)

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gemma - [:D] @};-

Chyn - thanks! We're just busting with L/M numminess in various fics, & the fun part is tying things all together. :)

Gemma and Chyntuck like this.