main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You know, it's getting a little hard for me to respond when I know a lot of what's coming up - I would hate to give anything away. I love little Hale and Noa, and you know what I think about Shai. :) Forgot to ask - what language is his name?

**rubs hands together excitedly** I can't wait to see what happens when this fic really takes off!

Shaindl

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shai is a Hebrew word meaning gift . :)

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I like Hale! I totally agree with her when she said "He's awfully handsome." or something like that. And Shai sure isn't a shai. He's more like a curse so far.

4. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **Is imagining Shai and Ani paired together** LOL! That would be hilarious!

Are we going to have a case of the Force hitting both of them over the head until they give in?

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Loved the description of these initiates. Shai seems to be the anithesis of Obi-Wan who was so desparate to become a Padawan. I think the pairing of Anakin with someone who is less than impressed by his credentials would be wonderfully entertaining. :)

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    hehe, I like Shai. Someone to put Anakin in his place when he gets too "I'm the Chosen One and that means I'm cool." Although I wonder if he doesn't actually want to be chosen or if he just convinced himself long ago that he wouldn't be chosen and is preparing for the latter so he won't have to be disappointed when he gets sent to the Agri-Corps, or wherever the Council ships him off too. That was a very long sentence. [face_tired] :)

7. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Of course he is!

also, anakin+media=trouble so dont, even in sarcasm.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    So is Hale going to be picked as a Padawan? She seems perceptive. And Shai is the one trying to get out and away so that he can't hurt anymore?

Liked the description of the dining area. Sounds just like a school cafeteria would sound....

Looking forward to the next post....

9. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    This Shai is MY kind of kid; loved the droll wit.

Look here, Woman - I really don't have time for this, you know. I keep promising myself I'll resist new fics - and then YOU have to start up. I've already severely curtailed my reading list, due to time constraints.

You could have a little mercy, you know. :D

CYN

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    my laptop made it no thanks to UPS who dropped it off at the wrong house and left. Hopeful;y I can figure out this newfangled technology and pop in while out of town. I definitely don't want to miss this one :)

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    froggy Now this is my Ani we are talking about. ;)

Shaindl It will be interesting huh? :p

dp2002 Shai hasn't had it easy. :(

Thalia Just wait for today! :D

Sheila They should prove to be entertaining! I hope! :D

JadeSolo You raise several interesting questions! ;)

darla :D lol

diane Not saying who that was in the prologue! Hale will pop up! :D

Cyn I'm sorry! :( I keep telling myself I'm going to finish the fics I have going and then take a long break. Damn plot bunnies won't leave me alone! ;)

PK Have a safe trip and I hope you figure out your fancy gadget! If not, have a Happy Birthday too! :)

Remember at the start of this I said a post a week? [face_plain] Just don't get used to it! :D

CHAPTER THREE

Master Yoda studied the young man before them, with a mischievous glint in his slanted eyes.

"Know why we called you here, do you?"

Shifting uneasily under their probing stares, Anakin shrugged. "I assume you have a mission for me."

Mace coughed in order to cover up his laughter. "In a matter of speaking."

When they offered no further comment, Anakin decided to be honest.

"I hope it can wait until after Jivan?s knighting ceremony," he said somewhat anxiously.

As Yoda and Mace exchanged a knowing glance, his heart dropped. They were obviously up to something and it could only be bad news for him.

"Proud of you we are Anakin. An excellent knight you have proven to be." Yoda praised him.

Blushing underneath his tan, Anakin ducked his head humbly. "Thank you Master Yoda."

Mace leaned back and tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair as he studied the young man.

"We have been patient with you over the years Anakin. It has been our hope that one day you would take the next step in your career on your own. Since that has still not happened, we have decided it is best to force the issue."

Stung by the tone in which the words were spoken, and at a loss as to what they meant, Anakin lifted his hands in supplication.

"I?m afraid I don?t understand Master Windu."

It was Yoda who responded, his pointed ears lifting. "Past time it is for you to take an apprentice. Much to pass on you have."

His hands falling limply by his sides, Anakin stared at them in horror.

"No!" He nearly shouted as he took a step forward. "Master?s, I work better by myself!"

"Not any longer." Mace said with a warning stare.

Desperate, Anakin searched his mind for a suitable excuse.

"You are all aware of how trouble always seems to find me. How can I put a child in that situation?" he asked with an edge to his voice.

"More then capable you are to protect an apprentice. Attend the lightsabre exhibition you will, and pick a padawan," Yoda announced.

Resentment began to stir in the blue eyes as Anakin crossed his arms over his chest and glared fiercely. "And what if none of them is the right one?"

Sighing heavily, Yoda shook his head at the challenge in the young man?s words. "Your masters padawan you are. If unable to choose you are, do it for you we will."

Eyes clashing in a silent stalemate, Anakin soon realized that he was outnumbered and outranked. Biting back a scathing retort, he forced himself to bow.

"As you wish!" He snapped, before spinning on his heel and storming from the room.

Hands clenched into fists, his gaze staring unseeingly in front of him, he hurried down the hallways. His thoughts were in turmoil over what had just taken place, causing him to overlook the small figure who suddenly appeared in his path until they collided.

Grunting from the impact, he stared down to find a boy laying flat on his back, a broken datapad lying beside him.

"I?m sorry!" He exclaimed, as he bent down to help the boy up.

He heard something muffled that sounded suspiciously like { you big oaf} before the small figure leapt to his feet and glared up at him accusingly.

Anakin?s gaze followed the trembling

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You big oaf - LOL! I love Shai!

Great work, OE - and so glad you find it so difficult to restrict yourself to once a week posts. :D It is a very good thing for me you're so prolific - I'd get bored otherwise!

Shaindl

13. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Oh, what kind of trouble has Shai been going through? He seems dto be very defensive an alarmed about anything. MORE!!!!!!!

14. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Sorry for not replying until now, obi-ew...

[face_blush]

Great start, though, I think Shai is absolutely precious!!

Although I can't help but feel sorry for him...

There's obviously things in his past that are very dark....

I can't wait to learn more about him and see him and Anakin paired up!!

They will be paired up, right?

Because you can't drop such a delicious piece of foreshadowing just to not have it pan out!

Understand!!?? :mad:

OK, then... :D

Great job, keep it up!! :)

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Shai and Anakin...Ani's always off on some dangerous mission and Shai likes datapads and quiet...doesn't seem to be a match as yet but the Force may have other plans for them....

So the Council is going to step in if Ani doesn't choose a Padawan...Are they going to screw up as usual?

Looking forward to more..

16. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I think I know just WHO Shai is! Or maybe it's my imagination running away from me, but that was a very...interesting description, OE ;)

It seems that their reactions should be switched--Anakin, at least the movie Anakin, would have said "You big oaf" while Shai would've been apologetic. But hey, this is a nice new little universe :) And the fact that they're pretty much complete opposites means that, of course, they are perfect for each other.

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    He heard something muffled that sounded suspiciously like { you big oaf} before the small figure leapt to his feet and glared up at him accusingly. [face_laugh]

Oh yes! I like this kid and he is going to be very good for Anakin. :D

Now why did that description of him sound very very familiar oe? Are you up to your usual tricks? I can't wait to find out. ;)

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl That's what happens when you have no life! :D

dp2002 Maybe Ani just rubs him the wrong way! [face_laugh]

astro Threats? :D You will learn alot more about Shai. :)

diane We wouldn't want the Council to let us down! :D

JadeSolo What? He's a cute little kid! :D

Sheila Tricks? Moi? [face_plain] :D

19. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure, he's cute, but he looks like someone who's also cute [face_mischief] :D

20. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    gasp??!! might we have an obi-tot here?

ooooooooh!!!!!!!!

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I think this is one of the only times I actually agree with the Council. **ponders** Well, there is the little fact that I find Ani with a Padawan hilarious, but hey!

Shai is so great!

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like this Shai kid. Seems like you're developing an interesting character here. :) Where do you get your names for your characters? A website? You always seem to pick interesting ones.

And only a post a week? :_|

Let's fix that. [face_mischief]

[face_plain] *waves hand* You will post more than once a week. [face_plain]

*whistles innocently*

23. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    one a wk?

how will i cope!?

24. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Is shai the product of the Obi samples Jabba wanted. Or at least the one from the prolog, as I presum those were the scientist Jabba mentioned with a product of their test?

I know, I'm gessing around wildly, but all your stories of Xanitot and Co. have a conection to each other.

Vadey

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JadeSolo Who? Ani? :p

froggy obi-tot ! [face_laugh]

Thalia You aren't the only one who will find Ani with a padawan amusing! ;)

HHP I go to Oxygen.com. They have a baby namer where you can find names by their meanings. I like to pick names that sorta go along with the character in the fic. :) Jury is still out on whether Shai will be considered a gift or not! :D

I fully intended only to post once a week, but I figure if I have it written and have the time to post them I'll keep putting them up!

darla See above answer. ;)

Vadey Interesting theories. Read both of today's and let me know if you think the same way. :D

I haven't given dp any Ani/Obi mush yet in this fic. Let's fix that today! :)

CHAPTER FOUR

Obi-Wan stood in the center of the domed hallway of the Temple, and watched as his former apprentice slowly made his way toward him. A tender smile curved the edges of his mouth when he saw the petulant look that hovered over the tanned handsome features.

It was rare moments like this that reminded Obi-Wan of the tow headed slave boy from Tatooine, who he first met on that ship to Naboo. Normally it was difficult to visualize that boy when faced with the towering mass of muscle Anakin had developed into.

Halting in front of him, the blue eyes lifted to search his face intently.

"You knew!" Anakin exclaimed with a touch of betrayal evident in his voice.

Sighing deeply, Obi-Wan turned and began to walk, Anakin falling into step beside him.

"They spoke to me about it this morning," he admitted as they made their way along the walkways.

He could feel the younger man?s questioning gaze on him.

"And what did you tell them?"

"I told them that while I agreed that you would make a wonderful mentor for some lucky initiate, I didn?t feel you should be pushed to make a choice." Obi-Wan replied honestly.

"And what was their response?" Anakin asked hesitantly.

Obi-Wan laughed dryly. "The same as it has been since you were ten and first became my apprentice. They completely disregarded my opinion."

At the young man?s muffled curse, Obi-Wan glanced over at him with a curious look. "We have never really discussed the matter, but why are you so adverse to taking a padawan?"

They walked in silence for some time before Anakin stopped and stared off at the traffic that was visible through the stained glass windows.

"Something tells me that the Force has a twisted sense of humor and will give me some kid who?s just as rotten as I was." He gave his mentor a worried glance. "I don?t have your patience Master. Force knows what I would end up doing to the poor kid!"

A frown creasing his brow, Obi-Wan studied Anakin piercingly.

"You were a wonderful apprentice!"

The young man?s head snapped back, as he stared at his former master as if he?d lost his mind.

"Master have you forgotten how I used to sneak below level and gamble? How I disobeyed a direct order and continued to spend time with Xanatos, even after you warned me against it? Allowed him to train me in the Darkside, knowing full well how you would feel about it? I was a horrible brat!"

Holding his gaze, Obi-Wan reached up and cupped a suntanned cheek. "I have forgotten nothing padawan mine. I remember vividly the ten year old boy I held as he cried, because he missed his mother. The teenager I nursed when he came down with the flu and I feared the worst for days. The young man who bravely stood against and defeated what we thought was a Sith Lord. A young man I?ve never been more proud of then when he took on his best friends killers. A bright and beautiful man who, even to this day, continues to bring joy to my life."

As a sheen of tears flooded Anakin?s eyes, Obi-Wan smiled teasingly.

"Yes you were a challenge at times, but the reward of watching you grow and become the person who stands in front of me today, far outweighs any of the negative. I would hate for you to deny both yourself and some lucky initiate the oppor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.