main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Last reply before I run out on you for a week...

I think it's kinda cool that Ji considers Obi-Wan his father instead of Xan. It strikes home the fact that is is who raises us and not who acutally did the fathering that counts in makes us who we are!

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Well, I know which story to read next! Thanks for the list!

This post was wonderful, showing how people can change and come to terms with what's happened in their lives. Well done! [face_smile]

--later--

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That was cute!

4. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That scene was wonderful. It's so interesting to see how these characters have changed and developed through your stories. Some of the them started out long ago at odds with one another, and now they are all coexisting as part of one large family. The change in the characters has been believable and so fun to read. I really do enjoy your stories, obi_ew. :D

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Great job oe...

I am glad that you are writing this one..It will be fun to read and see....how this all works out..

But I still want to see if Obi-Wan is gonna take on another padawan...:)

Keep up the good work

PT

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I just adore this family dynamic you created here oe. Any padawan would be lucky to be brought into the fold. :)

Every family gathering has to have a Desimir, someone to lighten the mood. Wonderful post, this whole series is truly delightful. :D

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I loved it!

If there is any justice in this galaxy, you?ll get one just like you I think that age old curse is the reason I have no lil' tots of my own. I can't imagine the trouble ;)

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I love how you've created such a family here. The relationships are beautifully realised and it's all so easy to see. Lovely writing, OE!

Shaindl

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    darla Hope you feel better. :)

diane I have no life! ;)

Thalia I agree. :)

DL6669 Thank you! [face_blush]

dp ;)

HHP [face_blush] Aw!

PT The Obi padawan question will be addressed soon. :D

Sheila Desimir sure has chnaged since Dreams hasn't he? [face_love]

PK Me too! [face_laugh] Although I was an angel! [face_plain]

Shaindl Shucks! I'm blushing! [face_blush]

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    "If there is any justice in this galaxy, you?ll get one just like you!"

actually what would be funniest is for Anakin to get a staid little bookworm who doesnt like ships, maybe living force aligned and loves animals and pathetic beings. it would drive him absolutely crazy.

11. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    A lovely and heartwarming scene, obi-ew...

:)

I'm glad Ani has all his supporters around him....

I have a feeling that the road towards him becoming a Master won't be easy....

:)

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    froggy That may be exactly what he gets! ;)

astro Hum. You may be right! :D

CHAPTER SEVEN

Anakin stared down on the huge training salle, his gaze searching for a particular figure in the small group. The upper level initiates were assembled for a session of sparring, in preparation for the upcoming competition. Prepared to follow Obi-Wan?s advice and speak to the knight in charge of the initiates, he had arrived only to find this class in progress.

A long suffering sigh sounded from beside him.

"What exactly are we doing here?" Desimir inquired as he slumped against the railing in obvious boredom.

"I want to observe an initiate I ran into." Anakin explained, his eyes slowly moving over the group.

His companion perked up, a teasing smile curving full lips. "Oh! A possible victim? I mean padawan?"

A fist shot out, punching Desimir in the arm, hard.

"Ow!" He cried, glaring at Anakin as he rubbed the offended limb. "I wish someone would explain to me, why I put up with you."

"Maybe because I?m the only friend you have in the entire galaxy?" Anakin offered.

His shoulders slumping, Desimir stared down at the children glumly.

"Oh yeah." He muttered with self pity. "Were we ever that young?"

"We were about their age the first time we saw one another, remember?" Anakin reminded him.

"Actually, I think meeting you was so traumatic I blocked it out."

A grin curved Anakin?s mouth. "No. That was me!"

They exchanged a brief glance at the reminder of their first meeting, when Xanatos blocked the memory from Anakin?s consciousness . The fact that they could tease one another about it now, only showed how far they had come.

Anakin suddenly straightened as he saw Shai move to the center of the mat and bow to a much larger boy.

"There he is!" He said excitedly, pointing the boy out to Desimir.

As they watched, the taller boy launched himself at Shai, attempting to beat the boy with brute strength alone. Taking a defensive stance, Shai dodged and dived, evading his opponents blows while not once striking out himself.

"Smart kid." Desimir murmured with admiration.

Nodding in silent agreement, Anakin watched as Shai cleverly allowed the other boy to wear himself out. As the taller boy?s steps began to lag and his blows grew clumsy, Shai only grew more graceful. Launching himself over the top of the boy?s head, he finally brought his sabre up and lightly touched his opponent on the back of the neck in a winning strike.

Victory without expending energy and striking only one blow. As the instructor and follow students applauded him, Shai bowed quickly, before seeming to disappear into the midst of the group.

"His style is similar to Master Obi-Wan?s." Anakin noted with approval.

"Hard to believe no one has picked him." Desimir commented with a confused look.

"My thoughts exactly." Anakin whispered, as he pushed away from the railing and began to stride toward the steps.

"Where are you going?" Desimir asked as he hurried to catch up.

"I want to talk to his instructor and find out what has kept him from finding a master."

When the class dispersed, Anakin and Desimir approached the young knight who had been teaching the class. Tab smiled in greeting when he spotted Anakin.

"Skywalker! What brings you here?"

"Tab." Anakin said as he shook the knights hand. "I was hoping you could tell me about one of your students."

A knowing grin lit up the other Jedi?s face. "I heard a rumor that you were looking. My students are hopeful you will choose one of them. Which one has caught your eye?"

Shifting uneasily at the knowledge that the children were aware of his sentence, Anakin smiled weakly. "He told me his name was Shai."

Something Anakin couldn?t define moved through Tab?s silver eyes at his words.

"Shai huh? What would you like to know?"

"Anything you can tell me would be helpful." Anakin told him as they moved to sit on the nearby stands.

"Shai will be thirteen in six months, which as you know means if he isn?t pick

13. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post, OE! I love how you write Anakin and Des together - just like bickering brothers. Perfect.

I will admit I'm looking forward to when you update this one everyday. Such a great story - I just keep wanting more!

Awesome work, as always! :)

Shaindl

PS: Posted my noms... ;)

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    His companion perked up, a teasing smile curving full lips. "Oh! A possible victim? I mean padawan?" [face_laugh]

You must have brothers oe, you write the banter between Anakin and Des perfectly. I can't wait to see what Yoda has to say about Shai. :)

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    lmfbo, what sheila said

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    "Leave it to you to pick a kid who?s completely wrong for you!" Love that line.

"I have no life"...LOL. Unfortunately, my life is overflowing which is why I only post once a week. Actually, I'm grateful you don't have a "life"!!! More for selfish me to read!

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I agree with PaddyJuan and Shiela(sp?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Awww..mush...me like mush...:)

Great job here once again oe...and I also look forward to when this one is updated everyday...

Cant wait to see who Ani picks and what the real story is behind this boy..

MORE PLEASE!!!

PT

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  20. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Yeah, Anakin has his eyes set on an oddball, but are oddballs necessarily bad? I think them partnering up would be a good thing, for them both. I hope that Shai will accept Anakin as his master, and have a feeling that would make quite a scene! Can't wait for more!

--later--

21. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Shai would be good for Ani and the other way round. All the other initiates are too much in awe of the choosen one. Can't be good for developing a sense of self and so on.
    And Shai is some much the opposite of Ani what they would balance as a team. But he has enough in common in character.
    I think they are both subborn, strongwilled ( not nessesaryly the same)and they both have a fierce temper.

Vadey

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Love Ani and Desi together, they are fun! And Shai sounds like he'd be a great Jedi, not wanting to fight and all; they are negotiators and keepers of the peace, right? ;) I'm curious as to what insight Yoda will give them about Shai.

23. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I knew it!!

...It?s mere speculation on our part, but we believe it is a defense mechanism he is using in order to protect himself from being disappointed."

I should change my major to Psych! I was so right!! :) :) Hmmm, I wonder why this kid fights just like Obi-Wan. Must be hereditary ;)

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I'm glad the boy's pleased! :) I saw that you and several other lovely people nominated. Ji is so thrilled! [face_blush]

Sheila Yoda I'm sure will be very forthcoming! [face_laugh]

froggy ;)

diane Unfortunately my muse has decided to take a long siesta! :eek:

dp Good. :)

PT All will be revealed in time! :D

DL6669 You never know with this Shai kid! :D

Vadey Very excellent points! :)

HHP You aren't really expecting clear advice from Yoda are you? :p

JadeSolo How do you come up with these crazy ideas? :D

Updated both fics again today! :)

CHAPTER EIGHT

Standing next to Desimir at Jivan's knighting ceremony, Anakin felt a sense of bittersweet nostalgia. It was difficult to believe that it had been a good sixteen years since his own ceremony had taken place.

As he watched Obi-Wan severe Jivan's ebony braid, he felt the sting of tears at the backs of his eyes. Noting his padawan brother's momentary hesitation, he along with everyone else, watched curiously as Obi-Wan clasped the braid between their hands and whispered something.

All eyes stared, as Jivan turned and made his way toward the figure who stood hidden in the shadows. As the young man dropped to his knees and held the silken length of hair out, a murmur went through the crowd of onlookers.

"Well I'll be damned." Desimir whispered from beside Anakin.

Agreeing silently, Anakin watched as Xanatos hesitantly scanned the crowd, before accepting the token and pulling his youngest son into a warm embrace. Obi-Wan was the first to move forward, but soon the father and son were surrounded by the rest of Jivan's family and friends.

After hugging his padawan brother, Anakin turned and swept the balcony with a piercing stare. Something in the room was calling to him, pulling him toward another Force signature that was nearby.

His eyes zeroed in on a small figure who stood against the railng and stared down at him almost defiantly.

"Shai," he whispered, taking several steps forward.

The boy's eyes widened and he quickly moved away from the railing, causing his friends to toss him a baffled look.

"Is everything alright Anakin?" Obi-Wan's concerned voice broke the spell of the moment.

"Yes Master. The boy I told you about? That's him watching from the balcony." Anakin explained.

Following his former apprentice's gaze, Obi-Wan's sharp eyes picked the boy out. Average in heigth, he was fair skinned and had huge grey eyes that were currently staring at them in confusion.

"Cute." Obi-Wan mused, tilting his head to the side. "He seems familiar somehow."

Before Anakin could comment, Shai spun around and vanished into the dispersing throng of Jedi. His shoulder's slumping, Anakin sighed heavily.

"Des and I watched him spar this morning. He's very skilled. His instructor suggested I speak with Master Yoda about him before the exibition."

"Good advice." Obi-Wan said in a distracted voice.

Glancing over to see what had caught his mentor's attention, Anakin found Obi-Wan staring unblinkingly at the same spot where Shai had stood only seconds ago. Turning back Anakin saw that a tiny girl was now pressed against the railing.

Achingly cute, she was a vision in brown. Dark brown hair, deep dark brown eyes, and light brown skin. Those soft eyes were currently fixed on Obi-Wan with obvious adoration.

"Master?" Anakin called quietly.

A small welcoming smile curved Obi-Wan's lips and was answered by a beeming grin from the girl. Suddenly she blew the Jedi Master a kiss, before turning and running from the balcony.

Chuckling softly, Obi-Wan clapped a bemused Anakin on the back and urged him from the room.

"Perhaps you aren't the only one who should speak with Master Yoda." Obi-Wan said only half jokingly.

25. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww, a little girl Padawan for Obi? That would be so cute and a nice switch from the two boys he's raised. Nice touch to have Shai show up to watch the proceedings and I loved how you narrated Jivan's knighting from a different POV. Great job! Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

PS: Will have a new chap for you soon - it's just turned out to be longer than I anticipated...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.