main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am I going to lurk? I hope that was rhetorical. I always lurk, its just a matter of how much. I only post to book mark story or when even I think the amount of time is ridiculous. No offense I just hate typing and can't type well enough to give detailed responses and read all stories I want in a reasonable amount of time. If it makes you feel better I promise not to lurk too much.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Vadey Xan has himself an obitot? :eek:

clumsy527 A new face! :) Welcome and nice to meet you! Hope you don't lurk the entire time. ;)

Bekah Telos is a big planet! :D

Aquas You find out today who that little girl was. ;)

Lurkalidth Obi has a clone? :eek: I do enjoy seeing my readers but I know a lot of them lurk. Pop in when you can. [face_love]

diane I hope my Anakin is nothing like AOTC Anakin. :D

Sheila You never know what secrets that little troll is keeping! [face_devil]

froggy LMAO! [face_laugh] But why would he say that? ?[face_plain]

PT * oe keeps spinning her web * [face_laugh]

PK What if you guys are way off? :D

JadeSolo Hum. I really need to give you a Des fix don't I? :D

padawan3 * sighs* It's just so lovely to hear from you. Just an occassional happy or sad face would be nice. :)

I was going to hold onto this post for awhile, but I figure if I go ahead and give it to you, I will be forced to get busy writing! ;)

CHAPTER TEN

As Shai listlessly went through a series of warm up exercises, he scanned the salle, watching his fellow initiates chatter excitedly amongst themselves. The exhibitions were set to begin and everyone was eagerly anticipating their chance to impress the knights who would be watching from the balcony.

His gaze was caught by the boy he had sparred with and beaten the other day. A year younger than him, Aedn was considered to be the front runner to be chosen as Skywalker?s padawan. The other boy had actually been chosen once already, but his future master had tragically been killed on a mission right before Aedn could begin his training.

Aedn had never liked him, and had taken great delight in leading the taunts and tormenting that Shai had endured over the years. Deep down there was a part of Shai that would enjoy being chosen by Skywalker, if for no other reason then to deny his tormentor what he craved most.

Ducking his head in shame at his petty thoughts, Shai turned his attention to his two friends. Noa and Hale spent a great deal of their time in a battle of light hearted teasing and verbal sparring. Although tiny and young, Hale had quickly taught herself how to defend against her male companions tendency to try and bully their way over her.

Currently she was staring at Noa with a warning look in her deep brown eyes. His attention caught, Shai listened to the other boy?s words for the first time.

"Just admit it Hale! You have a crush on him!"

Frowning in confusion, Shai broke into their argument. "What are you two talking about?"

The young Twi?lek grinned in delight. "After you took off, Hale decided to make goofy eyes at Master Obi-Wan. She even had the nerve to blow him a kiss!"

The tiny girl shifted uncomfortably as she found herself on the receiving end of that piercing gray gaze.

"Is that true Hale?" Shai inquired curiously, amazed at her audacity.

Flushing underneath her honey brown skin, she pulled her thin shoulders back and bravely stared him in the eye.

"We shared a smile and then I blew him a kiss. He seems gentle and really nice. Anything wrong with that?"

Shai raised a reddish gold eyebrow at the challenge in her tone. "No. I just wasn?t aware that the two of you knew one another."

"We don?t," she admitted non committal.

The two boy?s exchanged a surprised look at her unusual show of defiance. Before they could question her further, the room suddenly grew deathly silent. All eyes were turned up toward the balcony where the railing was suddenly filling up with a variety of knights.

A hum of excitement and nervousness rippled through the group of initiates as Knight Tab and his assistants strode into the room. A pleased grin lit up Hale?s face as she leaned up to whisper in Shai?s ear.

"Look Shai! There?s Master Obi-Wan! And Knight Skywalker is with him!"

Pretending to act disinterested, Shai casually lifted his eyes in the direction she was pointing, only to

3. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    ANI!!!! **mutters about inconsiderate idiots** Be careful! He'd better go right to that boy and tell him what he did, then BEG Shai to Ani be his Master!!!

4. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_shocked] I hope little Shai will be all right! :_|

5. clumsy527

clumsy527 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    :eek: uh oh! poor Shai...*stupid Ani* i hope he's ok. Great post!

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Oh No!!! I hope everything is ok.....and that Shai will forgive hear Ani...And Ani better take him as a Padawan...

And I would love to see Obi take Hale...would be nice to have a women in the mix...;)

Keep up the good work..

PT

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Uh oh. I'm starting to.....like Shai! AHHH! I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULDN'T! Oh well. GREAT POST!

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Chosen One he may be but dense he is! :mad:

Poor Shai, not even Anakin's apprentice yet and already headed to the healers. Of course, that could be another indication that he is Obi-Wan's clone, maybe they will have to set aside a double room for Obi-Wan and Shai's use. [face_laugh]

9. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    I completly agree w/ you on that dense thing Sheila.

Lovin' the fic oe . . .come to think of it I'm religiously following this one and Worth Fighting For. Don't keep us waiting too long now.

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Poor Shai! I hope he's ok! And Hale is too cute! I hope they find themselves with the proper masters!

Yesterday's post has me wondering about what Yoda knows, 'cause we know he doesn't tell even half of it! And he's worried, huh? But then, isn't he always?

Great stroy! Looking for more soon!

--later--

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    YOU KNOW OBIWAN HAS NEVER HAD A GIRL PADAWAN YET, WOULDN'T IT BE CUTE IF HE HAD ONE HEHEHE..... I THINK THAT WOULD JUST BE THE CUTEST THING EVER....

12. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
  13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Could you find a Master for Noa? He was very brave and steadfast with his game leg....

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia He got excited! :D

HHP :( Me too!

clumsy527 :) Thanks! Nice to see you again!

PT Hale would certainly shake things up! :D

dp You should like Shai! [face_love]

Sheila [face_laugh]

JMK Glad you made your presence known! Love the last part of your sig by the way! [face_laugh]

DL6669 I hope so too! :)

JTJG It would be sweet! [face_love]

Aquas ;)

diane I think Noa is going to find his little niche. :)

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    See- Sheila has further proof that there is some kind of relationship [face_laugh]

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PK You guys are so silly! :p

Post to Worth Fighting For will be up this afternoon. Needs some fine tuning! ;)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Finned hands gently traveled over small limbs, doing a thorough check for any broken bones. Although a battery of high tech tests had shown none, she felt better checking for herself. Once finished, she leaned over the small figure and lightly stroked a pale cheek.

Long reddish gold lashes fluttered rapidly before slowly lifting to reveal a pair of dark gray eyes. Slightly unfocused, they settled on her face, struggling to make her image stand still. Smiling warmly, she brushed a russet lock of hair off of his forehead.

"Hello sleepyhead." Bant teased her patient.

His lips lifted at the edges, until the pain decided to make itself known. Moaning softly, his eyes sought hers, a sheen of tears glistening in them.

"Hurts, love?" Bant asked worriedly, resting her hand on his forehead.

"Yes." Shai whispered.

Prepared to send a healing wave of Force energy into him, she hesitated.

"Will you let me help you with the pain?"

Something close to panic moved through his eyes, causing her face to tighten with sorrow. "Don?t you know by now that I would never hurt you?"

Bant?s heart ached as she watched him struggle to let his guard down, to trust her.

"Shai- na- na," she crooned, earning herself another weak smile.

Bant had been one of the first people to have contact with Shai the day he arrived at the Temple. Even at three, he had been unusually quiet and somber, watching everything and everyone with huge distrustful eyes.

Drawn to the baby instantly, Bant had spent considerable time with him over the years. Frequent visits to the creche had enabled her to form a connection with him, that had only strengthened when she discovered what she had. At times she felt guilty for remaining silent, until she looked into his huge gray eyes. Protecting him was her main priority, regardless of what it could eventually cost her.

A voice in the back of her head chided her, reminding her of what secrets kept, had almost done to Jivan and the people closest to him. Now she understood what had motivated LuLu and Lady Asha to band together to keep their secrets from finding the light of day.

Sighing, she pushed her morose thoughts behind a strong shield and returned her attention to Shai.

"Well you are a very lucky young man! You very easily could have broken your neck!"

"How is he?"

They were both startled by the sound of the deep voice, their gazes flying to the figure that stood hesitantly in the doorway. Anakin shifted his weight nervously, as his gaze held Shai?s. Pulling back from the side of the bed, Bant studied the two with curious eyes.

They both studied the other from under lowered lashes, uneasiness evident in the way they held themselves.

"He has a mild concussion and some bruises, but other then that he is fine," she told him. "I didn?t realize the two of you knew one another."

The ghost of a smile flitted across Anakin?s face. "We ah... ran into one another the other day. Which reminds me of why I stopped by."

Moving into the room, he pulled something out from under his arm and held it up. "I came to replace that datapad I broke. Jivan assures me that this one is top of the line. He said that if you need any help with it to just contact him."

Bant watched as Shai?s eyes lit up as he studied the new datapad, before his gaze traveled up to study Anakin?s face. She had seen him do this on countless occasions, gauging a person and their motivations simply by studying their facial expressions.

As the minutes passed and he made no move to accept the datapad, Anakin let his arm drop. "Shai, I?m sorry about what happened today. I normally have better control of my shielding. You just surprised me and I.... "

Breaking off, he shot Bant a pleading glance for help. Still unclear on what exactly was going on between the two of them, she patted Shai?s shoulder.

"That was nice of Anakin,

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Aww! That was to sweet to describe! Ok, it's official! I like Shai! He isn't as mean as he was before! And when you told me that he went through a lot of problems in his life, did you mean not getting picked by a master?

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **wipes away tear**

OE that was great...I cant wait to see how Shai is gonna react when Ani picks him....:)

And Obi...what about him...:)

Cant wait to read more..

BTW..I updated I Feel the Light Betray me..go take a look...And I blame the chapter on froggy..:)

PT

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely and very sweet. I liked how Anakin was unsure of his reception. But what secrets is Bant hiding? She should know by now that secrets usually cost more than they are worth!!!

Glad to hear Noa's going to have a niche...

20. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So Bant knows about Shai's oridgin.
    She should tell his soon to be Master, cause as his Master he should know. Even when it is a shock for him to discover.

And by the way, I think you let us around long enough.

Someone to second me on that?

[face_love] Vadey

21. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    that was perfect. Bant has always had a soft spot for that clan, except perhaps quigon and xan, but definitely for obi and his little ones! even if they are all taller than him now.

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    It seems the Ice between Shai and Anakin may be starting to crack! Good for them! I hope that Bant does let out what she knows befor the secret explodes upon everyone. That would be a mess! :(

--later--

23. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hmmm, what does Bant know about Shai? :confused: And I'm wondering why Shai is so distrustful of everyone, even as a baby. I think he's fast becoming one of my favorite characters, there seems to be a lot going on with him. And I like how Anakin is worried that Shai doesn't like him. :)

24. clumsy527

clumsy527 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    *sniff* that was great! i'm starting to really like Shai. he's so cute.

25. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Fantastic! I didn't expect Shai to be hurt, especially because of Anakin. I can't wait to see him ask Shai to be his Padawan - that could be an interesting meeting. And you said that little Noa will find his niche - I'm thinking dear Bant might need a Padawan...anyhow, great work as always, OE - I just love Shai and what you're doing with him!

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.