main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto soon to be joining

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DaleSabers, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    hey guys thought you'd be interested in knowing that in about 7 months or so I'll be moving to toronto and becoming a member of the toronto fan force. So is there a regular meeting time or something that all of the members try to get out to?

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Unfortunately a lot of people are incredibly busy. At the moment there isn't much going on, but if you want to do something I suggest coming up with something like a movie night or meeting at a resturaunt for a meet and greet or something. Beyond that there might be the odd event that happens sround Toronto where we all just happen to go.

I welcome you to TO and to the group but sadly, for the moment, there isn't much happening. :(

3. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Not that some of us don't want to have regular meetings!... far from it!... I would think that if there is enough interest we could easily plan to have a mounthly meeting, perhaps at some relaxed location in Toronto that everyone could get to... the sad part is that so many people have disapeared since the movies are done, jumping off the band wagon - so to speak...

4. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Hey, time and finances permitting I am up for it.

5. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    well how about we all try to get together at the fan expo time? We all don't have to go in to the convention but it'd be nice to meet some of you guys.

6. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Despite the numerous reasons i want to go i have a wedding that weekend.

7. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    hows the month of october for you guys then? I'm up there with my step father, uncle and their friends for a scotch (the drink) convention or what ever it is. I'm just up there to look around for places and to hang out with some people i met up with a couple of weeks ago when i was attending the IAOD summer studio.

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    What program are you looking at?

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Well.. I'll be having another Star Wars halloween night... everyone is free to come and pose off for the few hundred that will be stopping by to see the dsplay of Star Wars items and costumed us!

10. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    I'd be up for a monthly thing. I've never met you guys =/

11. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm attending the film production course in april. I'm just taking an extra semester of school so i can get the queen elizabeth scholarship.

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I will be at the fan expo so something can be arranged.

For grey-starrs halloween we have to get things built so those will be meetings/build sessions

I am trying to push him to have meeting sooner rather then later so we are not rushed to get things done

13. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I would totally be up for attending a Fan Force meeting! I'm only in the city until October or November I think, but I would love to do sdomethign with Fan Force before I leave.

14. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Shameless plus here but I help run Toreonto's best fantasy and sci fi group "The Intergalactic Consortium". We are always looking for new members and meet at least once a month in the downtown Toronto core. While your attendance is not vital for each meeting or event the more you do attend the more enjoyment you get out of it. We generally meet around the middle of the month late Sat afternoons. We cover all the universes and genres not just the Star Wars and Treks cause there is so much more then that. We have been around for over 3.5 years and have a yahoo group plus as of a few weeks ago a message board. It is hoped in the next year the group will be geting even better. Should you have any questions, need more info or anything else feel free to e-mail torsf@yahoo.ca just mention you saw a post here and the handle of the user cause we like to see what modes of promotion and advertising is working for us.

Edit by CrazyMike
    AKatel please note that soliciting is against the rules of this forum. This includes advertising, buying or trading. In addition hijacking and spamming of threads is an offense. Please contact me if you require clarification of the forum policies.

15. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    it's great and all that you have your little group and all... but it is more then a bit rude to not only continue to plug it here... but in poor taste to hijak threads...

16. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Sorry did not think what I was doing was spamming I noticed a person stated what appeared to be a interest in meeting with others who enjoyed sci fi/fantasy and since I co run a group for those kind of people I would do a post.

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    No problem :) You just need to remember that this forum belongs to a well established group of folks that have been around for 8 years now. Alex aka Styrofoam_Guy is the City/ FanForce Chapter Rep. You should be speaking with him first before posting any meetups with your group in this forum and getting his input.
    You can also contact me if you require any clarification of the rules here at FanForce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.