main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMatteus, Sep 12, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    One of my first impressions of Luke at the finale

he's not dead, he's just doing recon from The Force. Rey's "Peace and purpose" bit really sells it. And the fact Force Ghost Yoda is, y'know, blowing up trees and stuff.

Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    to quote DJ: "Maybe?"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've said this before with regards to Jedi characters, but: is there even really a meaningful difference?
    I mean, when I first watched the film and cottoned on that Luke wasn't physically present on Crait, my initial assumption was that he had already "died" and was ghosting. Transcendence is really a better word to use. [\spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I hope Rian said, "The plural of Jedi is Jedi".

He's really not dead.

As long as we remember him.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  7. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm gonna be honest that the leaked details from the novelisation are cementing my opinion on TLJ as well. I'm not happy with the tease that everything begins with Luke dreaming of a wife - too on-the-nose. I have a feeling, once I've read the novelisation, that TLJ will join the prequels as part of the Star Wars Saga I'm not particularly enamoured with, and ignore as much as possible.

8. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    This wife is Camie (his friend from a deleted scene of ANH). He was thinking he could have a normal life married to her in Tatooine if he had give the droids to Empire (during ANH). Apparently he forgot his sister could be dead and giving the droids to Empire could be terrible to the Rebellion.

It's like he regrets his actions of OT and would be okay in a life without his friends

9. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Yeah, just feels too on-the-nose (hence a lot of fans jumped up and shouted "MARA!") Meanwhile, I'm actually really wondering if I'll recognise this version of Luke when I read him. Well, we'll soon find out; I hope to be wrong lol.

Nobody145, ChildOfWinds and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Jedi-KB

Jedi-KB Jedi Master

Jul 15, 2008
    It is actually the other way around. He would regret not going on that damn fool idealistic crusade.

11. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Reading the book now, and I'm setting aside my original comments. This is well worth the read.
    I'm only partway through - finished Part 1 - and really impressed. Jason Fry has made elements I disliked in the film actually work well. The prologue, with Luke, is actually a prompting from the Force - I'd say an actual Force-vision of what the galaxy would have been like had he stayed on Tatooine, intended to jolt him out of his maudlin mood. I actually like that.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I've just opened my copy too Dart. Still plan to read it tomorrow.

J_K_DART likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999