main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~Soul Shadows~~ [OC, drama, angst, a little romance] Author note 5/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you. I was nervous doing the suicide scene because I've never been suicidal and wasn't sure how to write it. So I chickened out and did it from the healer's perspective. [face_chicken] [face_blush]

Hm... I remember seeing a shivering emoticon somewhere... I'll have to look it up.

Thanks for the support, MJ. :)

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Moments later, he heard a soft knock on the door, and felt a familiar presence. ?Come in Colleen.?

She came in, and upon seeing Alexis lying under the covers, she asked in a hushed voice. ?What happened? I felt a disturbance.?

?She had a disagreement with the bathroom mirror.? He replied dryly. ?It lost the battle, but not without cost.?

Colleen raised an eyebrow at him. ?Try to be a little less cryptic.?

?She tried to commit suicide.?

Closing her eyes, she sighed. ?I was afraid she would.?

Healer Hauzer went back to sit in the chair beside Alexis? bed. ?We can?t leave her alone. Not even to use the refresher.? His voice is distant as he watches the girl?s young frame breathing in the relaxed rhythm of sleep.

Colleen frowned as she watched him. ?Dugal, what is it?? She inquired as she went over and sat on the chair?s arm. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. She could feel the tenseness in his muscles. Seeing that his hand was closed in a tight fist, she took a hold of it in her other hand.

?I let her go, Colleen. I watched as she turned herself over to that monster to save her father.? His shaky voice was barely audible. He looks up at Colleen, his hazel eyes full of sorrow. Suppressed guilt came to the fore, and the usually cheerful, bright-eyed healer looked drawn and old beyond his years. ?I left her?? His voice broke, and he closed his eyes as he tried to regain his composure.

?Oh, Dugal,? she hugged him as she spoke. ?Don?t blame yourself for what that Sithspawn did!? She ran her fingers through his curly locks.

Taking a deep breath, he got a whiff of her sweet fragrance. Without thinking, he returned her embrace, pulling her closer to him. Her closeness brought back to him just how much he still yearned for her after all their years apart.

?Colleen,? he breathed as his lips nearly touched her ear, and then he suddenly pulled back and shook his head. What am I doing? I have to stay focused for Alexis!

Colleen swallowed. His embrace had surprised her and awakened her desire at the same time. Yet, she placed a hand on his cheek as she spoke, ?Duge, this isn?t the right??

?I?m sorry, Colleen, I didn?t mean to do this.? He interrupted, but still held her, loathing to let go. His heart beat so hard, he was sure she could hear it. ?I need to stay focused to help Alexis in case Darth An?Thrax decides to get into her head again.?

?Yes, of course.?

?Colleen??

She places a finger gently upon his lips. ?Hush, it?s alright. I understand, really.? She kisses his cheek, then pulls away and gets off his lap. She then glances over at Alexis? sleeping form. ?Will she be alright??

?I don?t know. I?m not sure whether she will be able to perform tonight.?

?That isn?t what I meant.?

?I know. It?s just that when she performs, it seems to help her. I sense that playing music opens her to the light side of the force.?

Colleen nods. ?I sense that, too. I cancelled the show tonight in any case.? She hesitates a moment as she thinks about how to broach a sensitive subject. ?Dugal, I think she needs a soul healer.?

Raising an eyebrow at her, the healer asks indignantly. ?What am I, chopped liver??

?No! No, I know you are a great healer. It?s just that you are too close to Alexis. Your guilty feeling about what happened to her makes it so you?re not as effective.?

Dugal rose as he felt anger and resentment fill him. Instead of yelling though, he took a deep breath and let it out. You know she?s right, healer. His eyes were sad as he gazed at Colleen. ?You?re right. I can?t help her the way she needs until I let go of my feelings of guilt and anger.? He closed his eyes as he spoke.

Colleen could see her friend?s muscles relax and could sense him releasing the negative feelings. She watches as peacefulness comes across his boyishly handsome face. By the galactic center, I love him! She thought as he spoke to her.

?I?m going to my room to get some bacta patches for Alexis. Could you stay with he

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Everyone seems to have some kind of intimacy issues. Dugal is right, he has to concentrate on Alexis.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] These two have a past.. more about that later. hehe, again the foreshadowing. :p Seriously, though, I wrote this part at the same time I wrote the previous entry, but waited to post it 'til today because, well, it fits.@};-

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update! =D=

?No! No, I know you are a great healer. It?s just that you are too close to Alexis. Your guilty feeling about what happened to her makes it so you?re not as effective.?

Dugal rose as he felt anger and resentment fill him. Instead of yelling though, he took a deep breath and let it out. You know she?s right, healer. His eyes were sad as he gazed at Colleen. ?You?re right. I can?t help her the way she needs until I let go of my feelings of guilt and anger.? He closed his eyes as he spoke

Very wise. :)

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you very much. :)

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    As he crossed over to the door, he paused beside her. Looking into her eyes, he spoke softly. ?I never stopped loving you, Colleen.?

?I know.? She hesitated. Come on, tell him!

Things will get better, with great characters like this.:)

*sigh* A great update, your way with your characters is really enviable - keeping them in line and all. I can really see everything that is going on, and that is a neat thing in a fic.=D=

~MJ@};-

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, MJ! That praise really means alot to me. :)

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Colleen could see her friend?s muscles relax and could sense him releasing the negative feelings. She watches as peacefulness comes across his boyishly handsome face. By the galactic center, I love him! She thought as he spoke to her.

?I?m going to my room to get some bacta patches for Alexis. Could you stay with her while I?m gone??

?Colleen??

?Oh!? She shook her head to clear it and blushed slightly as she realized she had just been standing there looking at him. ?Sorry, of course I will.?

As he crossed over to the door, he paused beside her. Looking into her eyes, he spoke softly. ?I never stopped loving you, Colleen.?

?I know.? She hesitated. Come on, tell him!

He gently caressed her cheek and then left the room.

Colleen?s heart beat rapidly as she stood there, collecting her breath for a couple moments. Slapping the palm of her hand against her head, she said to herself, ?You?re nothing but a common ibbot, too afraid to commit yourself!?

She went into the refresher, and gasped when she saw the broken glass and blood were everywhere. ?Blaster bolts, what a mess!?

She had just gotten all the glass up and was starting to clean up the blood when Dugal came back with the bacta patches.

?I was going to do that.? His tone was abashed.

?That?s alright, Duge. You were worried about Alexis.? She continued cleaning as she answered.

He walked over to the bed and uncovered Alexis just enough so he could tend to her hands. ?Thank you, Colleen.? He paused in his administrations as his patient stirred in her sleep. He continued once Alexis settled onto her back, still asleep.

Colleen came out of the refresher after washing her hands, and helped out by applying the patches to Alexis? feet.

Moments later, having finished bandaging Alexis? hands, Dugal watched Colleen, admiring the way her shining red hair hung just so from behind her ears. He loved the pattern of freckles upon her cheeks and across her nose, though he knew she hated them. Without realizing it, he smiled as he felt growing warmth from within him.

She was very much aware of Dugal watching her, but kept her concentration on what she was doing.

Finally finished, she looked up at Dugal. She could not help but smile back, and blushed slightly as she gave a small laugh. ?What is it??

His smile widened as he drew something from a hidden pocket of his robe. ?I have something for you.? He handed her a box that was beautifully wrapped in silky flimsiplast and velvety ribbon. ?Happy naming day, Colleen.?

?Oh!? Colleen?s emerald-green eyes went wide in surprise as she put her hands to her cheeks. With all the drama with Alexis that morning, she had forgotten. ?Oh, Duge. You shouldn?t have.?

?Take it, please. I?ve been waiting a long time to give this to you.?

Taking the present in her hands, Colleen looks into her friend?s eyes. ?Duge,? she speaks softly.

?Open it!? He urges her with an anticipatory smile. ?Don?t make me wait any longer!?

She laughs as she looks down and begins to untie the bow. ?It?s so beautifully wrapped; it?s almost a shame to ruin it.? She gasps when she sees the object within. Reaching in, Colleen takes out the green sphere decorated with golden trim and symbols. ?A holocron? it?s beautiful.? She speaks softly as she traces the symbols with her slender finger.

?Play it.? Dugal urged once more, biting his bottom lip.

Colleen gazes at him for an instant before triggering the activator. She watches in amazement as an image of herself in her first concert appears. After that, there was a recording of the reviews of her works, highlights of her career, and her accepting the rewards she received. When it was over, she looked at Dugal with tears in her eyes as she realized he followed her career from the beginning. ?Duge,? her voice is hushed, ?this is??

She could not finish her sentence, but gave him a hug. ?I thought you were still angry at me when I started my singing career.?

?I could never stay angry at you for that long.? He r

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    LOVE Dugal! He's a gifted healer and just what she needs - I hope.

=D=

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, he's fun to write... boyish charm mixed with compassion and a healer's sense... sounds like a combination of Luke Skywalker and Cilghal [face_thinking] Anyway, cookies to anyone who can guess what TV character was the inspiration for Dugal. :D

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Oh!? She shook her head to clear it and blushed slightly as she realized she had just been standing there looking at him. ?Sorry, of course I will.?

Coruscant to Colleen. LOL

Awww, what a sweet gift.

I hope Dugal can help his padawan deal with all this mess.

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] Good one, Healer_Leona. I'm gonna have to remember that. XD

Well, you'll see in a moment... here's more ;) :
    ~~~~~~

Suddenly, it was as though he was in another dimension. Darkness surrounded him, and he realized he was inside Alexis? mind. Looking around, he saw Alexis standing all tensed up and shaking with rage, hands balled into fists. Her eyes sparked an angry red. She was glaring at Darth An?Thrax, who towered above her. ?Go away!?

?You know you long for my touch as I do yours.? Growled the Sith Lord as he reached out to grab her.

?No!? Alexis?s voice trembled, and she stepped back

Exerting his will, the healer was suddenly between them. ?Leave her alone, you skroggin? Sithspawn!?

The sith looked at the healer and laughed contemptuously. ?She is mine now; keep out of this, jedi weakling.?

The healer stood his ground, staring down the dark lord. ?She told you to go away, so go crawl back into the slime pit from which you were hatched.?

Darth An?Thrax glowered at Dugal, his snarling face inches from the healer?s. ?I have more of a hold on her than you realize. She hasn?t told you she begged for my attentions, has she??

Anger flared within the healer. ?I won?t let you keep harming her. Now leave!? He exerted his will and the dark lord?s countenance shrank.

?You can?t get rid of me that easily. I?ll keep coming back, stronger than before. I will have what?s mine.? With that, Darth An?Thrax faded away.

Behind him, Alexis whimpered, and the healer turned to hug her. ?It?s alright. He?s gone. I won?t let him hurt you any more.?

Alexis leaned against him and wept.

Then she woke and sat up quickly in bed.

Dugal blinked at the abruptness of one moment being inside his padawan?s mind, and then being back to normal, but he quickly reached out and took Alexis? hand. ?It?s OK.?

She looked at him wild-eyed for just a moment, and then flung himself into his arms, sobbing. He held her, caressing the back of her head as he whispered. ?Hush, it?s alright.?

Colleen sat and watched quietly as the man she loved rocked his padawan back and forth. Quietly, she got up to leave, knowing the two would need privacy for him to work the soul healing. She caught his eye before leaving, and nodded to him. She left after he nodded back.

When her sobbing ceased, Alexis pulled away from her master. She sat with her back against the bed?s headboard, hugging her knees to her chest and looked down at her feet. ?You probably hate me now.?

?Why would you say that?? He asked softly as he gently pushed her hair from her face.

She looked at him like he should know. ?You heard him, what he said was true.?

?You mean about you begging for his attention??

She looked away and nodded.

?But I hated him!? She cried. ?I loathed his touch! But?? Shame kept her from concluding the sentence.

Healer Hauzer had an idea of what she was trying to say, but had to make sure. Gently, he put a finger under her chin and turned her head so she looked at him. ?Alexis, there is nothing that will make me hate you. You can say you killed my pet pittin, and I?d still not hate you. I may be upset about losing my pet, mind you, but I could never hate you, my padawan.?

Alexis? bottom lip trembled slightly and she took a deep breath before speaking. ?I? after he r-raped me, I?? she swallowed as she paused, ?well, he left me alone? for a long time? and I couldn?t stand being so alone? in the dark? it was cold. I begged for him to come back, even though I knew he might do it again! I just couldn?t stand being all alone in the dark!? She shivers.

?Alexis, I won?t pretend to know what you went through.? His tone is soft and comforting. ?

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ?You can?t get rid of me that easily. I?ll keep coming back, stronger than before. I will have what?s mine.? With that, Darth An?Thrax faded away.

There's got to be some way to prevent him from continuinally coming back like this. Poor Alexis. :(

Yikes, I'm glad they were able to discuss her crush on him as well.

Excellent post!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It seems like they got a lot of the obstacles worked out. At least I hope so! :p

?No! That?s not it at all. What I meant was that after that night, I wanted to be a healer because, well, healing is so much more?? Alexis pauses, not knowing exactly how to put it in words. ?I?m not sure how to say it. But, when I feel the force, it?s like a song to me. The tune flows through me. It?s a pleasure to do lightsaber forms because it?s like I?m dancing to the music. But, actually dueling with someone? it feels discordant? healing brings the music back in synch.?

She shakes her head. ?I know that sounds stupid.?

Dugal sat listening intently to what his padawan was saying. He smiled softly. ?No, Lexi. It sounds brilliant. It?s exactly how I felt when I decided to be a healer. It is how I still feel.?

Loved it. =D=

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    The only way is to confront him, but we shall get to that. ;)

Yeah, it's something that needed to get out of the way.

Thank you, Healer_Leona.

Yeah, my devious mind has run out of any logical obstacles. [face_laugh]

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    (Note: I changed the name of the character, Mel, to Seym)

Chapter 3: Confrontation

Bryont brought the Queen's Light, the Nubian cruiser he had bought his wife for their first anniversary, out of hyperspace close to Naboo. The comm system beeped, indicating a message was sent to them and flagged as urgent. He frowned, seeing that it was from his cousin, Colleen. I knew something was wrong, he thought as he tapped the button and listened.

"Bry, tonight's concert has been cancelled. Please comm me as soon as you can."

He could feel Seym's eyes on him, and he turned to look at his padawan.

"It's Alexis, isn't it?" The boy's voice squeeked in the fashion all young teenaged boys' voices did when going through the change from youth to adult, and he blushed slightly in embarrassment. "I knew something was wrong." He echoed Bryont's thoughts.

The master nodded silently as he proceeded to com his cousin. Not only he and Seym, but Maci as well had sensed something horribly wrong as they traveled in hyperspace towards Naboo to attend Colleen's concert. They could tell Alexis was in distress, but the details were a mystery. Bryont could not shake the feeling that it somehow had to do with Darth An'Thrax, even though the Sith Lord was dead. He is dead, isn't he? We killed him. He shook his head to clear it as Collen's voice came over the ship's comm.

"Hello?"

"Colleen, what's wrong with Allie?"

"Bry, she's alright for now. I don't wish to go into details over the comm. I'm staying at the Amadala Plaza Hotel, suite 402. We can talk more when you get here."

"We'll be there within the hour then." After ending the call with Colleen, Bryont received instructions from Naboo's spaceport on which dock he was to berth the Queen's Light, and what course to take to get there.

Just under an hour later, Bryont knocked on the door to suite 402 as he held a fussy fifteen month old Bheltair in one arm. A rather tired looking Maci stood beside him, her hands on the handle to the hover-stroller that held Keegan and Starr who were blessedly asleep at last. The triplets were cutting their final back teeth, and it had been a rough trip.

Seym stood to the side with a frown on his face. He could barely sense Alexis though he knew she was nearby. He kept trying to send her a force message but felt as though there was a solid duracrete wall blocking him.

Colleen opened the door and hugged her cousin. "Come in, all of you. How was your trip?"

"With three toddlers cutting their back molars, no trip is pleasant." Bryont commented dryly as they entered. His voice took on a weary tone. "Now, what's happened to Allie?"

Colleen bit her bottom lip nervously. She dreaded telling her cousin what transpired, having an idea how he will react. "Please, sit." She indicated the plush couch and matching chairs.

Maci placed the stroller near the end of the couch and sat down with a sigh. Bryont put his arm free arm around his wife's shoulders as he sat next to her while Mel sat in a chair. As soon as Bryont sat, however, Bheltair raised a ruckus. The jedi master quickly rose and gently bounced Bheltair in his arms, making soft hushing sounds. He slowly paced around the room as he spoke quietly. "I'll just stay standing 'til he sleeps. Now, please Colleen, what happened?"

In the past few hours, Colleen had rehearsed at least a hundred times how she would break the news. She had gotten to the point where she thought she could deliver it in the best possible way, yet when she looked into her cousin's concerned eyes, all she could do was echo Alexis' first words to her this morning. "He's alive."

Bryont just stood still, his jade green eyes looking down into her emerald ones. It was Seym who asked. "Who's alive?"

"Darth An'Thrax." Both Colleen and Bryont spoke in unison. Colleen blinked in surprise at her cousin. How did he know?

"What?" Seym jumped up as he shouted. The hilt of his lightsaber seemed to have jumped into his hand unbidden. "Where is he?"

Seym

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful... [face_love] You really portrayed the geniune love and affection quite well.

=D=

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Aww, Alexis lucky to have her family still in contact. I hope it helps to ease her mind.

Wonderful post.

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

Thank you, both. :) Here's more:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryont stiffened slightly. ?Yes, he must be brought to justice. But you,? he pauses a couple seconds for effect as he points at her, ?are going to stay at the temple while he?s being taken into custody.?

?By all of Corellia?s hells I will not!? Alexis exclaimed hotly.

?Alexis!? Maci was taken off guard by Alexis? strong language.

Alexis got up and paced. ?I won?t be treated like a little child anymore! Look at me.? She says as she places her hands meaningfully on her belly. ?I?m pregnant. I?ve been raped several times by a madman in a filthy dungeon. It?s a little late to start protecting me.? She quickly continued before they could reply. ?I need to confront him, and I won?t let anyone stand in my way!? She stopped pacing and glared at them with her hands placed firmly on her hips. Her mouth was set in a grim line with her jaw jutted out in defiance.

?Allie,? Bryont said as he stood up and laid a hand gently upon her shoulder. ?No one said you won?t be able to confront him. But, it will be in the temple before the council, where he can do more harm to you. I?ll leave now for Korriban. You can go back to Corruscant with Maci and the triplets.?

?But??

?No ?buts?. You?re not going.? He spoke firmly and turned to his wife. ?Tell her, Maci.?

Maci still sat calmly on the bed, looking at them both with sadness in her eyes. ?I don?t think either of you should go.?

?What?? Both father and daughter exclaimed in unison.

Maci looked at Alexis first as she stood. She walked over to her adopted daughter, placing a hand under her chin. ?If it were just you to think about, I?d agree with you that you should go. However, the life inside you needs to be protected, no matter the circumstances under which it was created.?

Alexis looked down at her stomach as Maci continued. ?Like Bryont said, you can confront the father within the safety of the council chambers.?

?You?re right, of course.? Alexis spoke quietly without looking up at her mother.

?As for you, Master MqCray,? Maci spoke sternly as she turned to face her husband. ?Your quest for justice is more of a personal vendetta. You should know better.?

?Maci, he must be brought in.? His tone was reasonable.

?Why must it be by you? Do you think you?re the only qualified Jedi in the galaxy??

?No!? Bryont was taken off guard not only by the question, but Maci?s tone.

?Why risk going to the dark side? Let someone else bring him in!? She held his gaze, her soft brown eyes pleading with him.

?Don?t you see, Maci, it?s because I could fall to the dark side that I must go. I have to prove to myself, and apparently to you, I have the strength not to turn.?

A tear came to Maci?s eyes as she whispered. ?Please, I don?t want to lose you!?

Alexis turned away, feeling like they needed some privacy. She stared out the window, deep in thought.

Bryont reached out and embraced his wife. He force messaged her. ~~You will never lose me, my queen. We?re a part of each other, no matter what! I love you.~~ He kissed the top of her head.

~~I love you too, my knight, so much.~~ She buried her face in his tunic as she returned his embrace.

Bryont could feel Maci?s body shake as she cried silently. He held her, tenderly rubbing his fingers through her hair with one hand as he gently massaged her back with the other.

?I have a suggestion,? Alexis said softly as she turned back to her parents. ?We can take it to the council. Let them decide whether or not he should go.?

Bryont looked at Alexis, then down questioningly into Maci?s eyes. At her nod, he smiled slightly. ?Back to Corruscant with us it is then.? He kissed his wife warmly.

Several hours later aboard

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely chapter! [face_love]

She sighed with her head leaning against his shoulder. ?I don?t know yet. I might give him up for adoption or hand him over to the order to raise. If I decide to keep him, I know mom and dad will help me.?

?Him?? Seym asked curiously as he noted that she referred to the baby as a ?he?.

Alexis nods as she pulls away from Seym and touches her stomach. ?Don?t ask me how, but I just know the baby is a boy.

Seym reaches out, but pauses before placing his hand on her belly. ?May I??

Looking up at Seym once more, she smiled softly and nodded.

He diffidently touched Alexis? belly, his fingers lightly touching hers. He smiled at Alexis. ?He?s going to be strong in the force.?

She suddenly looked sad as she nodded. ?Yes, he will.? She turned away and walked over to sit down in a chair, feeling weary.

?Lexi,? Seym said softly as he went and kneeled down in front of her. He took her hand. ?It?s going to be alright. Just because his father is a Sith Lord doesn?t mean he?ll turn to the dark side, too.? He squeezed her hand. ?Alexis, marry me. We can raise him together. I?ll love him like he was my own because I love you.?

Seym's love and caring is so obvious here.

=D=

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Bryont is quite right about Alexi confront him in front of the Council. Can't help but feel her little outburst shows she's not ready for it either. [face_shame_on_you]

Seym is a very caring guy. [face_love] [face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Eep. I missed a few updates.[face_blush]

Yet they were worth it, it is always wonderful to read good posts back to back.

I especially love Seym.[face_love]

~MJ@};-

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you Miri_Jade, Healer Leona and VaderLVR. Here's more, I hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day:

Alexis stood quietly in the council chamber between her master and her father. She felt small and insignificant, not to mention unsure of why she was there. She could understand Seym being there since this was about whether or not her father, his master, was going to go to Korriban and Seym would be going with him. It was already decided she was staying behind.

?Padawan Wingstar,? Master Trendor began. ?Master MqCray tells us you heard from Darth An?Thrax.?

?Yes, master.? She looks up at her father then Master Hauzer briefly before looking back at the council leader.

?Are you sure it wasn?t a dream?? The master looks into her eyes.

Alexis forced herself not to look away from his intense scrutiny. ?It was as real as me standing here speaking with you, Master Trendor.? Then she raised her eyebrow before adding in a dry tone. ?Unless you are a dream as well.?

Healer Hauzer cleared his throat. ?Master Trendor, I was there the third time An?Thrax came to her. I definitely sensed him.?

Master Trendor nodded in response to the healer, but kept his gaze on Alexis. ?I suppose you wish to go with the team of jedi we send to capture the dark lord so you can confront him.?

?I?d be lying if I said I didn?t, sir, but?? she stops as she puts a hand to her belly, ?there is someone else I must consider before my own wants and needs.?

Both Healer Hauzer and Master MqCray proudly placed a hand on Alexis? shoulders.

?Master Healer, your request to go on this mission is granted. It is your choice whether or not to take your padawan. Though if she does go, it is this council?s recommendation she not be allowed down on the surface of Korriban.?

?Alexis and I shall follow the council?s recommendations.? Healer Hauzer bowed.

Alexis could scarcely believe what she was hearing. She was going to be able to go on the mission after all.

?No!? Master MqCray exclaimed as he stepped forward. ?Her mother and I forbid her to go!?

Master Trendor raised an eyebrow in Bryont?s direction. ?Do you support your daughter being a jedi, Master MqCray??

?Yes, Master Trendor.? Bryont bowed his head.

?We appreciate your concern for your daughter, Bryont.? Master Covtai, who was Bryont?s former master and had raised a family of his own, spoke kindly. ?However, you of all people should know once the child has chosen the path of the jedi, the force must guide their path from thenceforth.?

While Bryont struggled for control, Alexis stepped forward. ?Masters, I know you are much wiser than I, but, I fail to understand why I should put the life of my unborn child at risk to go on a mission of which I would only play a minor, if any, role.?

Master Trendor looked at Healer Hauzer. ?Your master can answer that question better than we, for it is his visions which prompt us to send you.?

Both Alexis and Bryont looked questioningly at the master healer who cleared his throat before speaking. ?My first vision was of Alexis playing the flute here, in this room,? the healer began as he locked eyes with Bryont, ?while you beheaded Darth An?Thrax in a rage. Afterwards, Alexis? flute broke?? he paused slightly as he looked at Alexis with sorrow. ?You miscarry.?

Alexis paled slightly as she touched her stomach. Yesterday morning I tried to kill him, but now I?d give my life to save him. ?What was your second vision, Master??

?The second one seems more vague than the first, being just impressions along with images. It showed you boarding a spaceship with the rest of us, and then you standing at the bedside of Darth An?Thrax. There was an impression of time having passed, and you were showing a young infant to an elderly woman.?

?So, if these visions are true, to protect my baby we should put it at risk.? Alexis said slowly with one of her eyebrows raised.

?It seems that way.? The healer replied.

?And if I go, I prevent my dad from killing Darth An?Thrax.? Sh

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm glad Maci and Bryont worked out their misunderstanding.

Excellent post Alexis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.