main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spaceport

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by adrien, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    Hello

I beguin a spaceport for a fanfilm.

[image=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/19/spaceportbw6.jpg]

bye

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hey, that's pretty good. How far are you going to go? You have seen the one they were working on for SOTS right?

3. JeneralJarJar

JeneralJarJar Jedi Master star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey, that's sharp. Nice work so far.

4. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Impressive! Nice details! =D=

Keep it up :)

5. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    That's looking good allready! Nice work!
    I'll follow this topic for sure.

6. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    thank for replying :)

I'm not sure to understand your question ^^ for this moment, I haven't added the details. I hope finish this scene with the texture, lighting, and with spaceship and building. I hope that I have ask good your question lol But I don't understand your second question, what is SOTS ?

tell me if you can't understand my English ! ... I'm French...

7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    We just recently shared the spaceport model with somebody that asked. So this is most likely our model... OR a huge coincidence. Zorbi and JAS insisted that we only share the untextured spaceport with no buildings though. One day we will share the whole thing with you guys tho.

8. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah you pretty much answered my question.

SOTS=Son of the Sons, it was a project being worked on by the best people at Scifi3D like two years ago where they were doing some really nice stuff, including a really good model of the spaceport, the WIP is still available through the WIP section of Scifi3D.

9. UWN

UWN Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005

Hello,

Although i do not often participate in these forums, i do regurley come and visit.

Anyway the reason i am replying now is that fact that i saw this thread titled 'Spaceport', and that immedietely grabbed my attention, as i am the person you sent the untextured Spaceport model. However when i saw the image at the top of the page all i presumed was you also gave the model to this guy.

Well all i came to confirm was the fact i have not sent the model to anybody, and i would not want to as i like the feeling of being the minority with this model. I wanted you to know this, so you don't think i have betrayed you in anyway, as it does feel a bit like that.

Since i have posted here, and we are on the subject of the spaceport, do you know what textures zorb used from Jedi Knight?

hope this clears things up

Matt

10. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    euh...

I wan't to say that the model on my picture is mymodel, modeling by me, and nobody has give me your model ! his clears ? I am really desapointed that someone can think that...
    I don't knew that someone share your spaceport...

And I can to show that these is true because I began this project one week ago and the first render that I made was it : http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6956/spatioportwq8.png
    if I began one week ago and he shared the files yesterday so I have really make this spaceport.

The first forum where I posted the WIP was this : http://gjproduction.free.fr/fanfilmssw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162&start=255 at the first mail you can to read : Mer Jan 10, 2007 8:02 pm

Adrien

11. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    From what I can see on the forum thread he linked, He actually used a render of Zorbi's spaeport for reference, so that might explain the likeness between the two

12. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    Yes, it's really possibly ^^

13. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I guess it's a huge coincidence then. Looks good so far. A 3rd person actually made this model.... Simon. Zorbi just textured it. We ran out of help with this project. The only thing left to do was actually add some animation. I wanted a lot more traffic and to make the spaceport a little busier. And add some stuff to look for like hidden easter-eggs... Blade Runner Spinner somewhere, etc. etc.

14. hansolo102

hansolo102 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2007
    this looks fantastic are u going to animate it.

phil

15. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Really nice set up already :D

I love these great models.... :)

16. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    Hello,

I have almost finished this model, I did a break during a moment with it but I continued.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2889/spaceportmg0.jpg

it isn't the last picture, I have still much thing to modify like in the lightening and I believe that I will add characters and many object on the floor.

The spaceships and few buildings come from Sci fi 3D

I wait your comments

bye

17. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    You can get away with a lot in the background, but up close, on the spaceport you should back off on the blooming effects. It's destroying your textures and making it all really blurry.

18. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah, some of the colors are a bit too saturated also.

19. adrien

adrien Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    the last up of this WIP :

[image=http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3340/albumpicphpio0.jpg]

bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.