main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Speculation] A Princess Leia Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RX_Sith, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    A spy thriller featuring Princess Leia, perhaps in the period right before Rogue One, could be excellent. You could even have the plot of that film lead directly (or indirectly) to the mission to steal the Death Star plans.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Not sure how I feel about this, but I'd want it to be a suspense - spy - action film if they do go there.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A Leia film would actually be a lot of fun. Like casting a young Han, I don't think you need an actress that's the spitting image of a young Carrie Fisher, but rather someone that can embody the core of the character while making the role their own, and has a reasonable enough likeness.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't why with Han I'm completely fine with a recast but with Luke and Leia I'm really not. So I can't say I'd want an Anthology film focusing on Leia but I'd love an animated film or series.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    John Carter: A Princess of Alderaan.

Sarge likes this.
  6. jedi9617

jedi9617 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2016

How would the film go?

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It makes very little sense from their perspective to completely close the door on using "younger Leia," be it in OT-era stuff or perhaps in stuff set in the era between ROTJ and TFA, just because some segments of the fandom cannot see anyone but Carrie in the role.

And it has nothing to do with "disrespecting" Carrie, they clearly DO respect her. Heck they brought her back for the ST after all. It's about what makes the most sense for the long-term success of this franchise, in their opinion.

Of course that doesn't mean that she'll get her own movie, but it COULD potentially.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  8. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Alicia Vikander as Leia. Yes.

[​IMG]

9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Kate Mara or Brie Larson might be good choices too.

10. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Brie Larson looks nothing like Fisher. Kate Mara looks similar in some ways, but her face and nose is a bit too "sharp" around the edges..

[​IMG]

Remember, when Fisher was young she was extremely cute and had a rather roundish face with soft edges.

[​IMG]

So, whoever plays Leia has to have those specific features, otherwise it's hard to buy it.

Which is why this comparison can only speak for itself. :p

[​IMG]

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

Elizabeth Olsen perhaps?

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yeah, my first choice is Alicia Vikander too, I just thought I'd toss them in.

13. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Thing is, I'm not sure Alicia wants to play such a character in such a movie. She doesn't seem to be keen on starring in blockbuster flicks made for younger people (she declined to be in Assassin's Creed) as she favors more serious roles made for mature audiences. The closest thing she's been to such films would be her role as Alice Deane in "Seventh Son" and I recall her saying she only took the part to try something different.

And since she just won an Oscar, she will obviously get loads of offers - so she can afford to pick and choose the way she likes.

I have no idea if she's even seen Star Wars, or what her view is on sci-fi films as a whole. Nevertheless, Princess Leia is an iconic character and powerful role model for young girls. Perhaps that could interest her.

And if Disney REALLY wanted her, I'm sure they would give her an offer she can't refuse... :p

14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    How old do we want Leia 2 b?

15. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Please no to Kate Mara. She has a disingenuous style of acting that I can't stand. And her character in House of Cards was so repulsive to me, that I just couldn't accept her as Leia. Too much of a cool, humorless hipster type.

Vikander, on the other hand, is a brilliant actress and one of the most beautiful women in the world. Not sure she looks anything like Carrie in ANH, apart from her soft, round features, but I'd still embrace her as Leia.

And no matter what she thinks of Star Wars, I guarantee she would really try to make it work if she was asked to be Leia. Star Wars fan or not, everyone knows who Princess Leia is, and most would jump at the chance to reprise that role.

That said, if we see Leia, I bet it's for only a few moments, and from behind. Silhouette of a woman with hair buns at the end of Rogue One saying "now, we have hope," or something to that effect, and iris out.

Jonipoon likes this.
  16. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    If it's just a 5-second scene, I could see them having Carrie Fisher reprise the role using digital resurrection similar to Jeff Bridges's Flynn in Tron: Legacy. Technology has progressed, and as long as it's not an extreme close-up it will work.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'd probably want an unknown as Leia for her own stand-alone. Same for Han, which I think is what they're ultimately going to go with.

18. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Sure, I'm more than fine with that aswell. As long as she looks the part and can act.

Eventually, Luke will be recast aswell so that we can enjoy post-ROTJ adventures with the Big 3. :D

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If they want to reuse Leia it's better to recast.

20. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Well... I have a feeling that her earlier years on Alderaan could be summarised as "Hermione in Space"

21. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    More like "The Duchess in space".

22. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I had to make this.

[​IMG]

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No particular idea on the casting but I would LOVE a Leia film.

Jonipoon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    People do realize that Fisher was 20 years old when A New Hope was shot, right? Any Leia spin-off film would have to cast an actress who is 14-18 probably to set it before ANH. They won't recast Leia for a film set during the OT...All these suggestions are far too old.

cerealbox likes this.
  25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I know a 40-year old who looks 60, and a 40-year old who looks 20.

The age of a character in-universe does not have to match the age of the actor playing it. Perception is all that matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.