main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Speculation] A Princess Leia Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RX_Sith, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Actually, I wouldn't mind that at all. Since we are getting Star Wars movies every year now, it doesn't always have to be about Jedi Vs. Sith; and big battle Scenes in every movie. I think it would be a good idea to explore different story types, depending on the Character type focused on. A more intimate Spy Thriller, with Leia being a female Jack Ryan (a Senator, instead of a CIA Agent), would be cool. Though, like the Han Solo film, I would be nervous about a Live Action Leia movie because of the Casting issue. They could easily screw it up.

cerealbox and Master_Lok like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, that would work, but casting / script would definitely be an issue.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Millie Bobby Brown as early to mid-teen Leia.

4. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    You know, now that they cast Emilia Clarke in the Young Han Solo movie, I feel like they missed an opportunity because she could have conceivably pulled off a young Carrie Fisher :p

5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Um. Wasn't Carrie 19 when filming A New Hope. And Emilia is thirty.

Or are you being sarcastic?

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    No - They have thirty year olds play teenagers and people in their 20s all the time and Emilia looks quite young for her age. I doubt her character in the Han Solo movie is going to be 30, since Han is only supposed to be 19-20 and she's probably going to be his LI.

7. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I don't even think Billie Lourd can pull off a younger than 19 year old Leia at this point.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Casting would be tricky, but I think Ehrenreich and Glover are spot-on choices for Han and Lando, so I'd trust them to cast a 16/17 year old Leia. I'd honestly be interested in seeing the action/spy thriller idea actualized.

9. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Leia was 19 in ANH so unless this is going to be a tweener film I dont see any possible way of pulling this off unless fans are basically asking for another actress to be recast as 18 year old Leia, which tells me at that point Disney might as well reboot the OT.

10. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I think the bigger problem is she looks nothing like her mom...

cerealbox likes this.
  11. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    hmmmmm what would they do for this story im all for female rep but what would this story be?

12. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Tween Leia's first foray into the "rebellion."

I guess the classic "princesss proves to her father she's not a little girl anymore and can handle herself, coming of age story."

Like Moana in space.

(Notes: Leia can't learn about her secret heritage, obviously)

PymParticles By 2020, Millie Bobby Brown could totally play her.

Edit: This is probably the only time I wouldn't mind Lucasfilm hiring another lead female Caucasian brunette in a row.

13. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

This would literally be the 6th lead female Caucasian brunette in a row for Star Wars.... talk about diversity disney!

vncredleader likes this.
  14. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015

this could be a very cool story, I think Mille would be perfect.

PymParticles and cerealbox like this.
  15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Yeah it could be great. It doesn't necessarily have to be Millie if they could find someone even better, but she's my first choice.

Also, just how Rogue One gave more sympathy and backstory to how the Rebels got the Deathstar plans. So could a Leia movie give more backstory and sympathy to Alderaan before it blows up.

And you could always combined the coming of age story with Baron_Papanerd 's spy plot.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well we know that, and I'll put this in spoilers just in case:

Leia was already going on Rebel missions for her father as of Rebels, which takes place like 4-5 years pre-ANH. So she was already doing it since she was at least 14-15 years old.

17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Exactly.

18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I wouldn't mind a Leia movie, but as of now. I don't think we get one.

19. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    aww carrie we need a Leia movie now more than ever.

20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think a film about a younger Leia becoming a rebel could be excellent.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The only previous character you need is Jimmy Smits.

22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Bail, Mothma, etc, could all come into it. And it need not ONLY be a talky political story. You could humanize it through some harrowing experiences Leia has with Imperial forces in mid-rim/ outer rim worlds, etc (or simply terrible things she sees). Then you could do some great clandestine/ spy stuff, with Leia making first contact with the Rebellion in an underground spot on some obscure planet, etc. Add to that a more charged and dangerous political environment on Coruscant - similar to Stalin-era Moscow where politicians fear for their lives, etc - and you have the recipe for a great and unique Star Wars film.

I'm personally tired of the "politics doesn't work in SW" argument. Yes, it was blandly done in the prequels, for the most part. But there are millions of ways to make the political story exciting. Rogue One proved that.

23. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

Apparently Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things expressed interest in playing a young Leia. I'd be down for this. She even looks a bit like a young Natalie Portman. Could be a cool way to bridge the gap.

I think an interesting idea for an Anthology would be a young Leia AND Luke movie, cross-cutting between them as they lead very different lives but share certain similarities in their experiences, maybe even sensing each other through the Force. Sort of an expansion of that lyrical scene in ROTS where Anakin and Padme sense each other across Coruscant (probably the best scene in that movie if you ask me).

24. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Dude!! We've been saying that same things. See the the top of this page.

Carrie and Millie even met this last Autumn at a con.

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A princess Leia spy movie would have lots of potential.

Think of crosses and double crosses and the need to keep her association with the rebellion a secret. And maybe a little romance as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.