main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Speculation and Theories on the Stories of Two Characters in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by msumforce, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msumforce

msumforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2017
    Hello All! I'm new to the forum but have been reading for a while.

I just wanted to post about my speculation on the backstories of two main characters, that have not been covered yet. I do believe we'll get more answers in Episode 9, then we were given in the The Last Jedi, but here goes nothing:

Supreme Leader Snoke
    We will get more information on him in Episode 9, including his backstory. There is no doubt in my mind here, especially with JJ taking over the reigns again. His back story will either play out one of two ways:

1. He is a dark force user who has been around for thousands of years in the Unknown Regions, has built up a wealth of knowledge and powers in the force, and has watched the rise and fall of the Sith, and the Empire. When the remnants of the Empire wandered into the Unknown Regions, he felt it was the perfect time to build his own empire, and take over the galaxy and eradicate the Jedi for good. Since the Sith have been destroyed, he would destroy the Jedi also, and be the strongest force user in the galaxy.

2. He is Darth Plagueis. This is the theory I truly believe the most. Palpatine didn't truly kill Plagueis, as he has the ability to "save the ones he loves from dying, even himself." He retreated to the Unknown Regions, only to resurface after Palpatine and Vader died. He sought out a new Skywalker, in attempts to create another Vader for himself, in Ben Solo. Moreover, he is still not dead. He will come back in Episode 9, in a new form. Kylo Ren will turn away from the Dark Side, and back to the light, to side with Rey, and together, they will bring down and finally destroy Darth Plagueis/Snoke.

Rey
    We will get more information on Rey's back story in Episode 9. Kylo saying she is a nobody, and her parents are nobody, is partially a red herring. Rey is a Skywalker, and there is no doubt in my mind about that. If you look at the visual clues in both the Force Awakens, and the Last Jedi, there are many connections to the Skywalker's. She has a "vision" of Luke and Vader and Ben Solo/Kylo Ren after touching the Skywalker lightsaber. "That lightsaber was Luke's, and his fathers before him, and now it calls out to you." Why would the saber call out to her if she wasn't a Skywalker? When Kylo Ren first interrogates her in TFA, he sees in her mind an "ocean" and an "island." Why else would she see where Luke is without some kind of connection to him? Luke describes her power as being similar to Ben Solo's. Snoke states that as Kylo Ren grows stronger in the Dark Side of the force, his equal in the light would also grow stronger. Why else would she have these force powers and know how to use them? Her mind connection to Kylo Ren? There are just too many connections and parallels to the Skywalker's for her not to be one. After all, the main saga of movies is the story of the Skywalker family. You mean to tell me that Episode 9 will only have ONE Skywalker in it in Ben Solo? No way. This means Rey's a Skywalker in one of 3 ways:

1. She is a Solo. Ben doesn't know about her. Han doesn't know about her. Leia got pregnant just before Han left. Leia put her on Jakku to hide her from the war with the First Order, and after Snoke turned Ben to the Dark Side, she was afraid to let this same thing happen with another one of her children. After Han left, and Luke disappeared, she had nobody to turn to, so hid her away. Leia DOES seem like she knows Rey when she first meets her at the end of TFA. She hugs Rey and greets her as if she knows who she is....

2. She is a reincarnation of Anakin. Snoke, if he is Plagueis, has the ability to keep people from death. He puts Anakin's "Life Force" in a random person. After this random couple is afraid that they are pregnant without trying, they ditch the child at a young age on Jakku. Rey's parents really are junkers and nobodies, but Rey herself is a reincarnation of Anakin.

3. Rey is a clone of Luke Skywalker. This is the theory I believe THE MOST. When Rey goes to the reflection mirror on Ahch-to, she sees multiples of herself... WHY? She is a clone of Luke. They got his DNA from his severed hand on Bespin. Star Wars does have a history of cloning after all :)....This is why she sees multiple of herself on Ahch-to, similar to Luke seeing himself in Vader, which acts as a warning to Luke that he could turn to the Dark Side, and doubles as foreshadowing that Vader is related to Luke. Somebody cloned Luke... but who? Where does her story go from there? Along the way somebody succeeded, but realized their experiment failed. Somehow, Rey came to be "adopted" by two "junkers" on Jakku, but once Rey started to display force powers, they got scared and left her.

Either way, we don't know the whole story of neither of these characters. Snoke dying and Kylo claiming Rey to be "nobody" are red herrings. Similar to Obi Wan claiming Luke's father is dead. We'll find out more about these two characters in Episode 9 without a doubt in my mind, but that's my speculation on where the stories of these two can go.

2. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think we may get hints of Snoke's backstory. Perhaps Kylo looking through archives or taking over his palace, etc. However, it is likely they just move on and keep Snoke as a mystery like Yoda.

I suspect the Rey nobody explanation will be canon. It is not ideal. Of your listed theories, the Rey as a Solo would be the most plausible to me.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Already threads for these characters. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.