main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] Rogue One: Several major retcons coming our way?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Lt. Hija, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    From the final shooting script of TESB

So it looks like the fleet should've been 1 SSD, 5 SD and about a dozen cruisers. In the film we only the Star Destroyers for whatever reason. Wookieepedia has the cruisers as Gozanti-class.
    [​IMG]

Furthermore regarding Star Destroyer bridges, here's the bridge of the Avenger with Needa and his Executive Officer ducking as the Falcon passes to close...

You can see it has the balcony same as the Executor.
    [​IMG]

Ive been searching for a screenshot of the bridge of the Star Destroyer that nearly collides with another whilst chasing the Falcon, I think it might be the Tyrant again. You can clearly see that it has a balcony bridge and the earlier 'our first catch of the day' shot was of the left hand side window.

2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Try Google search "Star Destroyer interiors", found the image but couldn't upload it here. The collision scene featured the actors and bridge of the Avenger,
    the "first catch of the day scene" took place aboard the ""Tyrant"" (which EU genius came up with that name for a Star Destroyer?!), but was originally scheduled to take place aboard the Avenger, too.

Yes, the scene aboard the ""Tyrant"" took place in the port side alcove of the control deck studio set, but was intended and assembled (with the background VFX) to show the (flat) forward windows of another Star Destroyer bridge.

This was actually an original concept, i.e. the "aft bridge area" was closed off with the window wall of the port side alcove to simulate a smaller Star Destroyer forward bridge (can't link the picture of it, but you'll see it in Rinzler's Star Wars Blueprints as a double page concept art sketch and the photo on the next page, erroneously labelled by Rinzler as port side alcove. In the DVD documentary Empire of Dreams there's a still shot of this "lost" set in color!).

Of course, the beautiful thing about the flat Star Destroyer bridge still is that you can rationalize it both for the small ANH and the larger ESB VFX Star Destroyer model.

Frankly, I would have preferred the balcony bridge to remain a special feature of the Super Star Destroyer and a few regular ones like Avenger but not the standard feature now of every SD according to Rebels and apparently TFA.

To explore the flat bridge in Rogue One would add a nice flavor in terms of variation, but I anticipate they will just use the set of TFA and maybe repaint it a little.