main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Speculation] The inevitable thread: Who should play Han Solo in Anthology?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DebonaireNerd, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    So Harrison is clearly not an option unless it's kind of like his role in Young Indiana Jones where an older character is reflecting on his youth.

Let's set a rule for this thread: Harrison doesn't play the Father of Han Solo.

I'm guessing that the actor will need to be between 25 and 30? Anything younger is...a bit young while older just coincides with Harrison's age at the time of A New Hope.

Nathan Fillion and Tom Hardy are my obvious choices but there are also obvious reasons why they cannot be cast in the origin story. Though they would be bloody excellent choices.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Somebody scruffy looking.

3. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I think between 25-30 is too old.

Between 15-20 might work.

Anyone close to Ford's age when he originated the role is going to defeat the purpose of this film being about "young" Han Solo.

Also, keep in mind, the possibility of CGI makeup being used on whoever they cast might be in play, especially if rumors about the quality of the de-aging process on Michael Douglas in Ant-Man are correct.

4. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Whoever it is, Jake and Hayden are gonna need to make some room on the couch for him.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe they should just get Harrison Ford. LANGUAGE WARNING!!! :)

6. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Pro Scoundrel - use a spoiler tag.:( I'm going to see the movie in like two hours and just looking at your post (not playing the video) has ruined that little surprise.

Waa!!! :_|

[​IMG]

50% jest, 90% serious. [face_plain]

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  8. DNateos

DNateos Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 21, 2012
    Anthony Ingruber. He was actually good at Age of Adeline, though he had brief scenes, on portraying Ford on his early days

[​IMG]

9. RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2015
    Agreed.

If the guy doesn't ABSOLUTELY NAIL IT fans are going to hate him more than the Anakins...

Other characters have done very well with recasing, Obi Wan for example. But Solo IS Ford and it's going to take one hell of a performance to convince everyone otherwise.

10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aaron Paul as Han Solo? [face_plain]

I'm sorry, he's a fantastic actor and all, and I love him, but he simply is not right for the role. I saw his tweet last night, and I do recall his name being thrown around before for one of the films, but here's hoping that if he was cast, that it was for another character and not Han. All and all, I can certainly see him as some riffraff tough guy on the fringes of society working alongside (or against) Han at some point.

12. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I like the guy but I just can't see how he can even begin to pass for a younger Ford.

I really think if he even is involved in Star Wars at all it's in a different area.

Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a male lead in Rogue One.

13. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I just want them to make this movie! (Chewie and Boba can be in it too of course)
    AND I do want to see the battle of Tanaab

[​IMG]

credit goes to http://rahzzah.deviantart.com/

14. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Aaron Paul deleted his tweet about Star Wars

15. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    If they are recasting, I`d like someone younger, say in his early-twenties, so that it may be believable that he will grow to become Harrison Ford.

16. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    In this day and age deleting a tweet is as close to saying something is true. Aaron Paul has deleted his tweet about Star Wars and edited the one about it on Instagram.
    [​IMG]
    (this one, added the "Star wars following me)
    [​IMG]
    (this one posted first doesnt have it)
    [​IMG]
    (the tweet doesnt have it and couldnt be edited)
    http://www.twitter.com/StarWarsJunk

17. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Isnt AP a bit too short to be a...Solo?

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Given prevailing theories at this time I am going to merge this thread with the Han Solo casting thread.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Hoggsquattle sorry about the spoiler. I thought that scene was shown in the trailer, so I figured it was common knowledge. Enjoy the movie.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This. I'd think they'd go the route of having a Solo that's in his early 20s. Not older than 24 but not younger than 18. It's how they did it with Luke/Leia and it worked great, and anything older than 24 would be too close to his age in ANH IMO. De Aging CG is great, but unless the uses have changed, it's usually only effective to make older actors a little less older. I don't imagine they'd use it on anyone in their 20s, since aging at that level is about more than just wrinkles. They'd be better off just finding the right actor.

But beyond image, for me the thing that REALLY sells an actor's portrayal of Young Han is the mannerisms. His one-sided smile, his scruffy growling, his suprised looks, his "stuck-up nerf herder" type of attitude and voice inflection...If the actor gets that down (the way Ewan did as Obi-Wan, or Karl Urban did as Bones in Star Trek), then it could be great!

As far as WHO? Well, I'll have to think a while about that. I originally thought Liam Hemsworth could be great, but I think he's too old now probz. hmmmm...[face_thinking]

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I recall the old Paul rumors were for him having a role in Han's movie but that he wasn't going to be Han and hopefully he isn't Han.:)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  22. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I'm sorry, but most of these suggestions suck. Anthony Ingruber? Some guy who does laughable impressions, and has one awkward as hell performance to his name, doing an impression of Harrison Ford. Can you imagine him carrying a whole Star Wars film? In the top role? Like, come on. His performance in Age of Adaline was bad. Aaron Paul? That's just... absurd. There is so much wrong with that.

My suggestion?

Taron Egerton. Watch 'Kingsman: The Secret Service', and you'll know why.

23. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I wouldn't mind Chris Pratt, honestly. He can take over young Han Solo AND young Indiana Jones. :p

24. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    If they want to go younger, Tye Sheridan could be good.

He has the looks, the deep, sort of monotone voice that Han Solo has, and certainly has the acting chops. He'd be great for a late teens Han.

25. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Tye Sheridan:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.