main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] The Senate and Senators in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jonipoon, Jul 28, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a Senate scene in Rogue One?

1. Yes, it would be awesome

77 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Yes, but only if its very short

27 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. No, but its OK if they talk about the Senate in other scenes

22 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. NO!! No references to the PT please!

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    So Anderson is in Star Wars now. Oh dear.

starocean90 likes this.
  2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Nice to have names for them. I do wish we had more alien senators but I am just glad we have some in the film at all. I wonder what worlds they are from.

3. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Looks like a young Grace Jones on the right!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dekaneas and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Sure, why not. I never had any problems with them.

5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    So they have finally been officially confirmed to be senators. Can this thread be changed from "Speculation" to "Official info" now?

Lt. Hija likes this.
  6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Messa the most important Senator of all but I'm under da control of da boss that is.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm excited to see Senators involved, I know a lot of people hated the PT political stuff but I always enjoyed them even as a kid.:p

I'm kinda hoping we see Palps in this film or something that links the Senators to the events of ANH, where they mention the Dissolution of the Imperial Senate. Maybe the Imperials find out that a bunch of Senators were supporting the Rebellion and Leia ends up being the last straw. Perfect excuse, the Senate is corrupt and full of traitors so it needed to go and with that Palps eliminates all pretenses of democracy.

B99 likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hate politics. But i kinda liked them in pt, they helped show how Pal rose in power, wouldn't mind lil in R1, or even ep VIII.

starocean90 likes this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I also hate politics grew up in a family obsessed with them.

but I always enjoyed fictional politics, it's also key element in SW whether people want to admit it or not. A series all about War can't function without politics. People complain about the PT politics but how do you expect Palps rise to power to happen without ever showing it? His rise to power is also linked with the destruction of the Jedi etc.

I also want to see them in VIII and Rogue One,
    honestly if I never read official info online about the ST, not sure how I would have seen all the political stuff in TFA, the Res vs FO, the New Republic. All of which were one of the biggest complaints I heard from people I knew, they got lost in it.

I think with the inclusion of Senators especially ones like Mon and Bail we will get some talk about it. With Krennic's descriptions about how he wants to rise in power in the Empire and Vader(maybe even Tarkin) playing roles we might also get some Imperial inter-political aspects too.

will also be interesting to see political aspect of the Imperial rule on Jedha and the rebels there. Now that I think of it isn't this the first time on film we see this with the Empire? We have never seen any planet with civilization under Imperial rule, Tatooine was still under the Hutts and Cloud City was overtaken but everyone fled. That's interesting.

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  10. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Same here, and I think even the fans who enjoyed TFA have to admit this. The sad thing is that TFA is still enjoyable to the big mass because it's such a fast-paced action movie. In general, people don't really care what's going on as long as there is some cool action and Star Warsy stuff.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's Senator Jebel not General Madine.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Damn. you guys put that idea in my head that I didn't even think about when Madine join the rebellion.

whostheBossk likes this.