main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Speculation: Who else do you want Din to duel/spar with the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by godisawesome , May 10, 2022.

?

Choose ALL the sparring partners/opponents you want for Din after Paz:

1. Bo-Katan Kryze

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Sabine Wren

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Fenn Rau

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Boba Fett

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Axe Woves

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Koska Reeves

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. The Armorer

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  8. Tristan Wren

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. Korkie Kryze

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Kharne the Betrayer

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  11. Jango Fett's Headless Corpse

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  12. Barris Offee

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Of course Barris gets my vote; with the full assumption that she'd have a far more prominent role in Ahsoka's series.

godisawesome likes this.
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    If they wanted to be economical and ambitious, as paradoxical as that may seem, have Barris as Ahsoka's rival, establish her as a genuine peer in combat, and then have a sequence where Din has to survive her going all out to kill him with all her powers and skills.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd be down for Barris to be a subordinate of Thrawn's.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Wait Barris is alive? I voted for Boba, I wanted it when Boba was a bad guy, now it would just be practice. Hopefully both out of the armor, using physical skills only

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Barris’s condition is still *unknown* - she’s a popular candidate for having also survived to the present timeline because they still haven’t addressed what happened to her and she has the personal history with Ahsoka. It’s why she was a popular candidate for the Seventh Sister before it was clarified they were different people.

Boba likely feels he owes Din a friendly debt, and considering he’s got a melee weapon and a history out of armor now, he might be a great sparring partner if Din ever gets “broken” and stripped of his armor.

6. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I picked the first three, but also Axe and Koska. I don't know if it would actually happen, but it occurred to me that one or both of them could challenge Din independently or at Bo-Katan's behest. If Bo is unsure of the situation (since she didn't challenge Din in The Rescue, or afterward), she could test Din without risking herself.

Outside of the poll options, I'd like to see at least one surviving Saxon.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Din vs an old, grizzled Korkie is the way.

With a name like Korkie, he must be taken seriously as a threat.

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I voted Jango's Headless Corpse...because why not get those numbers up...

But seriously...Bo-Katan. I still want her to win the Darksaber and unite the Mandalorians. Have some sort of large gathering where representatives of all the houses and clans show up...including the Armorer and Paz. Sabine is there was well and Ahsoka. When Bo tries to kick things off to decide what the way forward for the Mandalorians is the Armorer makes a stink about Din having the Darksaber so he is the rightful ruler. Which pushes Bo to challenge him. They set the duel for 3 days hence and Bo gets a crash course in wielding a lightsaber from Sabine and Ahsoka. For the duel Sabine lets Bo use Ezra's lightsaber. It is a protracted fight taking up at least half an episode with a brutal fight that Bo eventually wins by disarming Din and knocking him to the ground. Din honorably yields the duel and Bo is seen as the rightful ruler of Mandalore...with even the Armorer accepting her.

The gathering would also be a way to bring in a bunch of previously established Mandos like Fenn Rau, Korkie and his classmates, etc...

and @godisawesome you spelled Korkie's last name wrong...it is spelled K-E-N-O-B-I.

Last edited: May 30, 2022