main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] Yularen in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by darklordoftech, Jul 10, 2016.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Could Yularen appear in Rogue One? He's a high-ranking member of the Imperial Security Bureau stationed aboard the Death Star. He was the Admiral aboard Anakin's flagship in TCW and his role in ANH is small enough for him to be recast.

La Calavera, Vib3s and whostheBossk like this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Would be cool!

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to get some insight into Yularen's opinion on the Death Star.

Vib3s, DaddlerTheDalek and B99 like this.
  4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Yularen in Rogue One would be interesting.

5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    That would be great! It could really help tie together the canon.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    Yularen was in ANH? I didn't know that. Who is he?

7. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013

He was in the meeting where Vader choked Motti, I think.

[​IMG]

8. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    Very cool.

I've only just gotten around to TCW - I'm partway through the third season, and have seen a select few episodes from the fifth - and I'd been wondering which side Yularen would be on, once the lines were drawn.

Here's hoping we do see him in RO. Even if he's just a figure in the background that someone could point out.

Thanks for the picture, Darth Wookiee.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Indeed, ANH is where Yularen comes from. :)

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it'd be cool to see Yularen. Especially since I think his boss is the main villain.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly what I was thinking. Yularen is one of the highest-ranking members of the ISB and/or Intelligence and Krennic is the director of one of those agencies.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. I think it's Military Intelligence since the leader of that organization was mysteriously missing and left unnamed in Tarkin.

vncredleader and darklordoftech like this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be funny if Yularen bickers with Vader and then says, "And I thought Anakin was bad."

14. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    Really! I never knew...

"Comes from" as in the actor was sitting at the conference table knowing his character's name? Or was Yularen named and expanded upon elsewhere, and then TCW ran with that?

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

The later. He got a name in the old customisable card game.

Bloncket likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's an article explaining how Yularen came to be: https://mindlessthefirst.wordpress.com/tag/admiral-yularen/

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    He didn't have a name or backstory until sometime in the 90s, I think.

Bloncket likes this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    That's kind of a trend in SW expanded media. "Hey that character who sits/stands in the background in that one scene in the films, or maybe gets a line or two of dialogue, but is otherwise superfluous to the plot. Yeah, lets make them a major part of this story that we're doing, and/or flesh out their backstory, etc."

It happens A LOT actually.

19. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    The things I missed by playing only Solitaire. Thanks.

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't think he will appear, it would start to clog up the film with all the Palp's underlings craving for power. We have Tarkin, Vader and Krennic already.

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I would love to see him as it would make perfect sense. Any of the Imperial leaders at that table in ANH would work but Yularen brings more background from the Clone Wars and would help tie the movues/shows together which some are craving. Plus Krenic wasn't the first cool Imperial leader with the white cloak. See Yularens hard to find action figure sporting it.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It could be fun if Krennic is Yularen's immediate superior, at the end of R1 Tarkin goes to him and says sinisterly that Krennic's dead and he's in charge of the ISB now.

23. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I would like to imagine Yularen as one of the more honorable/moderate elements in the Empire. Keeping his opinion (maybe even distaste) about such a weapon of mass destruction to himself, rather than be an outspoken supporter of it... It just happened that a sizeable portion of the ISB was stationed to the Death Star probably as a means of keeping intelligence/security as close to hot spots as possible. Maybe we will see him in SW:Rebels with Kallus answering to him. And like before, his role in Rogue One (if there is one) may be just as minor as in ANH, just an appearance. I hope for more however. There is a command structure and Krennic arguing/consulting with Yularen may be a nice touch, if it doesn't drag on too long and is of importance.

I can't help but be reminded of Gilad Pellaeon when i see an older Yularen. Speaking of, i wouldn't mind Pellaeon reintroduced to canon at some point as a respectable contrast to the often ruthless tactics deployed by other admirals. There should be a number of high ranking officers/veterans having made the transition from the Republic to the Empire.

24. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    This would be a really cool idea! I would like to see how Yularen's philosophy and ethics developed or deteriorated over time, since the birth of the Empire.