main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Art Challenges / Events currently running:

The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Banner Contest - Winner Announced!

The Art Banner Saga - Open till September

Artist Spew Warnings - cartoons by pronker (Updated Aug-18-19)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by pronker, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    I love what you've done with this one.

Best of luck for the challenge!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. pronker

pronker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This is Unintentional Pop Art, which resulted from 1. downloading from deviantArt a template for celebrating their 19th birthday, 2. coloring it after drawing on it in Photos in a fairly mundane style, penguins and background being white with black used for lineart and colors used in Photos, too, 3. clicked "save copy" and ... then ... BLAMMO! White background, white penguins reversed, except for their black feathers, which turned gray. Kitty and the dA mascot, Fella, stayed the way I colored them. 4. Piece shows where I erased overcoloring marks. I'm at a loss to explain first, why this occurred, and next, why I didn't get an original to at least try again with. The only file is this one in Downloads. :/ Any ideas as to why or how to keep it from happening again greatly appreciated! :)

EAD 082219: Per the ever-gracious and helpful Corellian_Outsider, "Since it is PNG, its definitely the Alpha channel of the PNG acting up when the file was converted to JPEG."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.