main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I think they are doing second unit stuff right now. Principal filming is set to begin in May I think. Aslo that could just be a costume test photo they did of Thomas Hayden Church.

2. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Principal photography started this week, they announced that last week

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Hmmm. I said that the article with the picture was posted on Saturday, October 5, 2005. They definetly weren't filming then. Must've been a costume test.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    they've already done some filming already for special effects shots a couple months ago. it was in an interview w/ James Franco

5. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Thats probably the second unit stuff they did.

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Okay, the Venom theory has been around for ages. And Dunst even said in an interview that the baddies were Sandman and Venom, (But she didn't say who would play who...) Pretty much Raimi didn't want to do Venom, but the fan outcry was too much. I can't see why Raimi WOULDN'T want to do Venom. Venom is a monster, and Raimi is a horror movie genius. It just goes together nicely IMO.

7. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I think it's going to be awesome to see Venom on screen. So I guess that means Topher's playing Eddie Brock, right?

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Personally, I hate the idea, character, and story of Venom, but whatever. It can't be that bad.

9. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I disliked the first one, it was too cheesy. The second one was a bit better.

But if Sony is intent upon only making three, why are they bringing in two new villains when they have Harry righ there? That seems a little silly.

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Could Harry and Venom team up sometime in the movie? I agree that just having Harry would have been fine.

11. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Na, I disagree. If we're only doing 3 then it makes sense to get as many villians as you can on screen. We've seen The Goblin, I personally don't want to see something similar to that again. I want to see some new villians, the favorites that I grew up with when watching the animated series on Saturday Morning. That's what I want to see.

12. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I doubt that there will only be thjree of them. If this is as sucsessful as the other two, they will stick around, maybe not KD, but I don't think she is a very good Mary-Jane anyway. IF toby stepped out Jake Gyhllenahl could take over very easily, (although for a short time there was a carnage script and he was the pick for him). Raimi will stick around though.......I have forseen it!!!

13. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Thomas Haden Church = Movie Killer

Don't take his "Oscar Nomination" seriously. He'll make for a stupid baddie.

14. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Even though the Spider-Man movies never let me down and what Sam Raimi's done is great,I get the feeling having two or three villians in the next one is an edict from either Marvel or the studio to create more characters for merchandising. Hopefully,if this is the case,it doesn't turn out horribly (like the latter Batman films) and is done with care,like with Batman Begins. We'll just have to see.

15. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    It does seem kinda crammed. We have to introduce Eddie Brock, then introduce Venom and get this whole story running. Then we need to introduce the Sandman and add him to the story. Spiderman (The character and the movie) are going to have their hands full with all these villians and storylines.

16. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Personally, I would rather have it that they do Venom, toss in Sandman as someone to take care of while Brock is going through his deal. Then also have Harry dealing with his drug problem and Goblin type stuff.

Then make a Spider-man 4, have it all come full circle. And ESPECIALLY do the final Harry Green Goblin story from the comics in the film...

That would be my preference.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Gwen Stacy has been cast

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=3784

18. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Geez, her too? Who is not going to be in this movie? It seems like they are cramming everyone into one. Though it looks like they are trying to build up a bigger storline that movie #4 will complete.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    could this be a setup for a new love interest for peter and a setup for future movies? maybe mary jane bites the dust in this one

now that gwen stacy is in the picture i have a theory on how part of the story might go.

ok. if the rumors about venom are true then maybe towards the end venom and if harry dons the goblin suit maybe somehow the 2 of them end up killing mary jane and setup the 4th one which could mainly be about venom or harry.(preferably venom)

20. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the MJ/GS reversal death seems most likely.

22. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Which is interesting, because in the comics anytime Spidey has had to choose between Gwen and Mary Jane in any way he always ends up with Gwen...

It's like MJ has been second best since day 1. This is almost like Spider-man with a happy ending with him finally getting Gwen... (If you can consider Mary Jane dead a happy ending). Oh the thought of the role reversal like that makes my brain melt. Gwen and Peter... with MJ dead. I'm done, it's too weird, the mind can't grasp it.

23. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Instead of Gwen Stacy, I would have gone with the Black Cat

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    that'd be interesting to see. a love interest for Peter who also fights crime

25. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I don't know, I had such a negative reaction to Mary Jane replacing Gwen Stacy in Spider-man 1 (Which I still consider to be pretty low on my super-hero movie list because of that), I'm just happy to she that she'll be somewhere in it. And in the end, out of all Peters girls, Black Cat would be the worst idea... IF they really do kill of MJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.