main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    It was never in the movie. It was done for the trailer and after 9/11 they stopped showing it.

2. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    found this. Seems Topher becomes Vemom at the end of the movie! SPIDERMAN 4 BABY!!!

Sandman Interview

3. weezer

May 16, 2001
    You realize that was only two posts prior.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'm really interested to see how they'll do the venom costume and the spiderman version of it.

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Thats a good point.

It would be cool if it were doppelganger-esq instead of the black. Since we have no black costume, then again the comics did it without the costume.

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    If that's true, I'm slightly dissapointed then... I was really hoping we would have an uber-action packed movie featuring Venom and an emotionally charged ending part IV with Harry...

Everything coming full circle in other words. Instead it seems we'll have Harry and Sandman as the baddies, which means we'll have a decent trilogy with the is weird little Venom movie tacked on at the end. :(

Still all speculation though.

7. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    So maybe Spiderman gets the Venom costume, plays around with it during the movie, and uses that to defeat Sandman. Then he gives it up for some reason and Eddie Brock ends up with it.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    as an article pointed out(i think the link is somewhere in this thread)it looks like they might be going with the comic book storyline where Harry helps Peter out while he's in Goblin gear which i wouldn't mind. it'd be a nice twist for those who don't know the comic history and are expecting harry to be all bad. as for Venom i see him only being briefly shown towards the end. obviously we'll get lots of eddie brock in Spiderman 3 as a setup for the character but i think the setup will be for Venom to be the main villain of Spiderman 4.

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well he was a bad guy in the comics too so either option would be in keeping with the comics.

10. Aphelpsdisiac

Aphelpsdisiac Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2003
    Curses - the link didn't reveal anything to me. :(

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    which link?

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm saying maybe Gwen Stacy WILL be the Black Cat in this movie. I know she's Felicia Hardy in the comics, but the movie doesn't completely follow them. It also would make any competition between Gwen and Mary Jane better.

13. Aphelpsdisiac

Aphelpsdisiac Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2003
    The "Doc Ock" interview

But this time it worked. Before I clicked on it and saw the post but not the embedded image of the interview, and so I couldn't properly follow the subsequent conversation.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    A Marching Band in Spider-Man 3?

According to a scooper for Ain't-It-Cool-News, the Cheshire Marching Band will be featured in Spider-Man 3:

According to an article in the New Haven Register and my girlfriend's mom the Cheshire Marching "Ram" Band will be teaming up with none other than Spiderman himself! That?s right, it seems that there is a marching band sequence on fifth avenue involved in Spidey 3 and my girlfriend's brother and sister are going to be in it. It seems that the band originally scheduled to appear in the sequence dropped out at the last minute and Sam Raimi needed a band ASAP and turned none other than the award winning marching band of a small town in Cheshire. Pretty cool news, eh?

The Band will be recorded in a studio and the music will be dubbed over the footage shot on location. No word yet on any story details but I hope to milk them out of my significant other's siblings. Oh but the coolest news about it all? Seems the band will be marching to the beat of the Spiderman theme song! More on this as it breaks!

We checked the New Haven Register online, but there was no mention of this. We'll keep you updated if we hear more.

15. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Very interesting, sounds a bit like the parade scene from the first one. I wonder what they have planned...

16. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    A musical number might not be bad. I mean we had somebody singing the Spiderman song in the last two movies. I just hope it isn't hokey like the parade in Jingle All the Way.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i doubt it'll be bigger then the parade/concert thing in Spiderman 1. it'll probably be something sort of in the background

18. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    As long as it isn't Macy Gray again, I'll be happy. As you said a background parade might not be bad. Probably be a filler thing in the middle of a fight.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'd find it hard to believe if they'll be playing in the middle of the fight. with a marching band it'll seem anti-climatic. maybe it'll just be a filler scene in the movie like as peter is walking down the street perhaps

20. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Superherohype.com has a pic of Spidey wearing a black costume. Interesting thing is that isn't the design of the black symbiote costume from the comics that later becomes Venom.

[image=http://www.aintitcool.com/pics/spidey3teaser.jpg]

Edit: I don't why the image won't show up properly. I know I'm using the proper mark-up codes. Just follow the link or try to click and drag the image box.

Edit #2: There we go. I just took the image that AICN had and used that version instead. It should be working now.

21. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Cool, can't wait to see it.

Your pic isn't loading but then again neither is Superherohype so they must be getting slammed.

Edit: Ah there we go.

Super cool. Interesting way to go. Sets up a much darker tone for this movie.

Edit 2: I'm sure they're just getting slammed. Like I said I couldn't even load the main page. Had to go to AICN to see it.

Edit 3: Here is an imageshack hosted one just in case SHH has problems later on tonight.

[image=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2463/spidey3teaser3rs.jpg]

Still if you can check it out over there. Its a much higher resolution look.

22. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Is this a legit poster? If so it looks fantastic. If it isn't I'd tell Sony to outdo this greatness of this one.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Its legit.

From AICN.com:

I love the image and they're saying over at Sony (SO IT'S OFFICIAL FROM SONY, NOT A FAN'S INTERPRETATION) that it's not a black and white image, but that Spidey is wearing a black and white costume. Hint-hint, nudge-nudge.

They also talk about what exactly is reflecting in Spidey's eye. You'll remember that was a big part of the other teaser posters. You can make it out better in the big one at SHH.com but I still have no idea what it is.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
  25. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Thats gotta be venom.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.