main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Is it just me or were Mysterio's powers in that looking an awful lot like Doctor Strange's?

[​IMG]

And looks like he could have stepped right out of a Thor movie.

And the international version. I do love no nonsense Nick Fury:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Since it's Mysterio I'm guessing he's ripping off the other heroes and "fighting" villains that he created.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would be his character.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You know a real plot twist would be if Mysterio did have powers in MCU, unlike his usual conterpart

5. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder if he studied under the Ancient One.

6. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Dear lord ... take a hero as unlikely to appeal to the average man-on-the-street as Doctor Strange and combine it with the same in a villain like Mysterio. We live in joyous times people.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Such is the appeal of Steve Ditko's imagination.

8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Hrmmmm ...

Or dare we imagine rebuilding as ... the Baxter Building?

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can someone remind me why Flash doesn't like Peter? In past movies and other media, Flash is typically a jock and he picks on Peter for being a nerd. In this incarnation of the character, Flash is also a nerd so he picks on Peter why?

10. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    To establish his dominance as top nerd.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't really consider Flash a nerd. He's a privileged rich kid who tries to act smarter than he actually is. Peter on the other hand is actually very intelligent and easily upstages Flash (without really even trying to) which is why Flash picks on him. He's just overcompensating for his own insecurities which I find very realistic.

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I think you pretty much nailed it. His fawning transitioning into douchbagery was the only negative for me with this trailer. That was a cringe moment.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah that was basically the intention. The actor was going for a "social media bully" approach.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I heard enough "Penis Parker" in the first movie that I wouldn't mind if Flash's lines were kept to a minimum in the sequel.

Ghost likes this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Flash isn't really a nerd, he drives a fancy car, DJs and wears flashy clothes....he's all about image and Peter is smarter than him and shows him up during decathalon so Flash lashed out against him.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    OK yeah ... this makes sense.

Social media ****head ... he's the perfect avatar for that.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

comparatively...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    His name is Flash, how could he not be a DB.

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like this version a lot more. The dumb jock stereotype is kind of played out at this point. Flash isn't dumb at all really. I mean even if he's an alternate he's still on the academic decathlon team so he has to be somewhat intelligent. He's just not anywhere near as intelligent as Parker who probably has the potential to be on the level of Stark.

Jedi Merkurian , Ghost and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't think Flash ever was a dumb jock, he was a jock and a bully toward Peter but never dumb

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    In high school, you had the rich kids, popular guys, (male) jocks, nerds, band geeks, popular girls, athletic girls and many other cliques. Sure, sometimes you'd see them mix, and maybe you fell into two different groups at different times of the year, but if you were part of a group you typically spent time with members of that group socially.

When I saw the class president, who was an honor student, hanging with a group of guys, those guys were also in honor classes, they were part of model UN, student council, and other activities one would classify that an academic person would be involved with. These guys were in the top 10% of the class. Conversely there were the students that preferred to put studying 2nd and put sports 1st like jocks or cheerleaders. That's the perception but of course I knew a lot of very smart jocks and cheerleaders.

So applying those high school stereotypes and cliques to "Homecoming", Flash was shown as a conceited rich *** hole, but I never viewed him as popular. Being rich, he was given or bought DJ equipment so I'm sure he was invited to many a party, not for his popularity, but because he had access to stuff that other kids may not have had access to.

But the other part of Flash's school life was being part of the academic decathlon team, and while any student can join this group, you'd expect that students who preferred academics over other things, to join that group. And students that preferred academics in high school were labeled as nerds, geeks, dorks, etc.

So that's why Flash doesn't work for me. In high school, you don't **** where you eat.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    That's not even how my high school was in the 90's and things have changed a lot since then.