main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Speaking of change over the years...

[​IMG]

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You didn't attend a John Hughes high school?

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So, basically Aunt May vs hot Aunt May?

:p

Alpha-Red and PCCViking like this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    That's cool since I wasn't speaking about your high school; I was speaking about mine. And yeah, a lot has changed compared to the 90s - more shootings and more dating of teachers and students.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm sorry I didn't realize your high school was the standard all movies needed to emulate.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but your post was written in the second person?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    PCCViking , cubman987 and Diggy like this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    They don't. I'm just saying what my experience was in high school compared to Peter's experience with a bully and how it doesn't work for me.
    The first paragraph is in the informal. You know when you're having a discussion and you make broad general points. Then you go with the more specific points and my second paragraph starts with I as in what I experienced. Then I apply that to my feeling about the movie.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's his character as well. He became a fan of Spider-Man, but was still a **** towards Peter for several years after getting knocked the **** out by him.

[​IMG]

Correct. Flash just cared more about having a good time and playing sports, but it was all a cover due to his father being an abusive alcoholic.

Ghost, TiniTinyTony and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    With great power comes great procrastination.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ramones and the epic 60s Spidey theme song version was great. Looks like they're pulling from Nick Fury as Pete's overbearing SHIELD boss from Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm guessing Mysterio set up the superbaddie attack to look like a hero, also the monster attack reminded me of Sandman a bit. also apparently you can say "****wad" in trailers now!

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they're intentionally advertising it that way so as to not spoil Endgame. I'd rather it were pre-Infinity War, though- but I'm pretty sure they've confirmed it is set after.

14. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    People are speculating that the "elementals" are going to be quasi-versions of Hydro-Man, Sandman, Molten Man, and Bedrock; in particular, the gondola in Venice apparently has ASM212 cut into it (Hydro-Man's first appearance).

Also, people (including me) are hoping that the Avengers Tower will become the Baxter Building...

Yodaminch likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Here's another reference/easter egg

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I screwed up where it was, but that's exactly what I said. :p

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I think I read it too quick and when you said "cut into" I was picturing the rock gazebo area where it comes out of the water. I didn't think of the boat. My bad. :p

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Since Peter is working with Nick Fury is there a chance that they will reveal that his parents were SHIELD agents? Like in the comic and the 90's cartoon

20. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm definitely getting a "Syndrome" vibe from Mysterio in that trailer.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah reading a bit into Jake Gyellnhaal's one line (but he's a great actor who does a lot of layers) but his "you don't want any part of this!" feels a bit like he's holding back the actor-ly flop sweat, the line delivery is just a tad off and desperate cuz he's a failed wannabe actor / supervillain about to do his big showtime reveal to the world moment. I get the feeling with him in the role, they'll lean a lot into the failed entertainer bit who becomes a baddie just so he can be famous.

Just googled ASM 212 and got this issue. Note they are on water:

"The Coming of Hydroman!"

[​IMG]

Huh! "wet threat" hahhaah I hope that line is in there

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If anyone watched Mysterio's first episode in the 1990's Animated TV Show, and watched the Trailer, they know EXACTLY where this is going.
    (Possibly throw-in Mysterio's last episode in that TV show too, minus the cyborg love interest, most likely)

Into the Spider-Verse was also heavily based on the series finale for that TV show (which also featured Stan Lee and his wife)

Actually the whole Thanos/Avengers/InfinityWar/Endgame thing is heavily-drawn on its last 5 episodes too, though a little less directly.

(It's on iTunes, probably YouTube too)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

The Easter egg clues in the trailer are the already mentioned ASM 212 for Hydro Man

The Sandman Easter egg occurs around the 1:38 mark. Nick Fury and Maria Hill are shown in what remains of a building firing upon a creature formed from the debris. A demolished car sports a license plate number beginning with "463," which could be a nod to Sandman's first appearance in 1963's The Amazing Spider-Man #4.

When MJ, Ned and Betty Brant flee from a threat on a bridge, another car has the license plate "2865 SEP." Going back to the comics once again for reference, 1965's The Amazing Spider-Man #28 happens to be where Molten Man made his debut.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-from-home-easter-eggs-sandman-molten-man-hydro-man/

So, there is no way that those are three coincidences.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm pretty sure they're all mirages from Mysterio (or somehow under his control), that he created so he can "win" and become the famous hero. Doing it in Europe where there are no real superheroes to interfere... except Spider-Man happens to have a field trip.

Besides the European field trip, this is exactly what Mysterio has done before, plus a revenge factor:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I just realised, Spider-Man is in Venice, its like they are preparing to introduce Conte Alvise Gianus and his Night Assassins to the movie-'verse.

Not going to happen I know but I found it fun.