main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Just wait until the trailers are out. If it doesn't look good to you, you just don't buy a ticket.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Happy Spider-Man day!

3. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

This movie will be crazier than Morbius

Rew likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    ok if they're getting into the other Spider-Ladies en masse and not just the two Madame Web's, they need to finally establish who the Spider-Man is in the Venom-verse. We all know it's still the Amazing Spider-Man verse just one confirmation, please. I'll even take Harry Osborn showing up again

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    We're supposedly just 3 weeks away from the re-release of SMNWH. Wonder how long before they announce showtimes and stuff....

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Word on the street is

the movie is about all those spiderwomen going back in time to avoid the assassination of Mary Parker before she give birth to Peter, a la the Terminator series.
    So, no they won't stabilsh who is the spiderman in the "Venomverse" with this movie :p

PCCViking likes this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    SMNWH - back in theaters, and now 11 minutes longer!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Friend of mine got their tickets early - this is definitely going to be getting some premium screens but YMMV because Jaws is getting the IMAX ones apparently.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So for those who saw the newest version, where exactly in the movie are most of the new footage located. I started scrolling through a list but it too spoilery but looks like most is at the start and the end. But if one had a timecode or whathaveyou, what is the longest chunk of movie without any new More Fun Stuff. going to try to get to see it on Saturday but trying to figure out when can cut out of the theatre for a few min without missing anything new.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Most of the new footage is in the first hour

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So what exactly is most of the new footage?

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    A lot of stuff with Betty and the other students and teachers from Midtown High; Spider-Man stopping a thief and getting confronted by witnesses. Some additional lines in the main climax

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    While there are a few minor dialogue extensions, the majority includes:
    -Extended DODC interrogation (with a joke about how Spider-Man must hate national monuments- which JJJ's line about the Statue Liberty at the end in the original cut must have been a call-back to; also more on Aunt May's background having been arrested previously for political protests).
    -More back to school bits (students cheering "climb! climb!" in gym class for him to clib the wall, Flash having a book table signing in the halls, teasing cafeteria safety gag for the new stinger later on, and an extended bad-green screen sit-down interview with Flash & Peter's teachers- though that bit is dry and goes on for too long). Betty's scene in the theatrical cut gets trimmed back for the Daily Bugle intro for the back to shcool stuff instead.
    -Spider-Man chasing a thief (played by Holland's brother) down and getting in an argument over it with people on the street over his age, if he's working with the thief, etc before getting splashed with green paint.
    -More Daily Bugle interlude segments, including an electrical worker describing Electro and Sandman's arrival. Though most of these new ones fall flat, so they definitely trimmed down to the good ones for the theatrical cut.
    -Extended montage in the undercroft of the Sanctum set to the Monster Mash.
    -Awkward silence elevator scene with the villains.
    -Matt defending Happy in a legal office (Happy is cleared of charges) while Happy's doorcam alert on his phone goes off, transitioning into the door cam POV of all the villains entering the apartment that is in the theatrical version.
    -Extended/full Spider-Bros pre-fight chat on the Statue of Liberty. Probably goes on for too long, but is neat to see. Most of it is about organic web shooters, but there are a couple other bits like Garfield saying that they shoudl exchange numbers so that they can do this again, or something to that effect.
    -Post-credits stinger changed from MOM teaser to the cafeteria safety video teased earlier that then transitions into an extended Betty Brant retrospective on their high school years- most notably showing footage of Betty and her co-host blipping on the air. And also that Peter is missing, or obscured, from all the images or video used (since this is after the last spell is cast).

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The new post-credit scene really should have been in the movie but I guess Disney had an agreement with Sony to sell Doctor Strange 2. Stupid Disney ruining the purity of No Way Home's story!

I actually kind of wonder if the new post-credit scene was shot after the film was released though. All you need is Betty Brant against a green screen and some photoshop jobs of exiting footage and images from Homecoming and Far From Home to erase Peter from it. I think it's pretty critical because it does explain a lot about the spell having some aspect of, as the writers put it, "magical erasure." Even if it wasn't a new scene they could have put more post-credit scenes ala Guardians Vol. 2.

The Betty Brant interviews were fun but chunks of it had already appeared on TikTok as Daily Bugle interviews (the Ned and Peter interview) but they spliced the rest of them into a montage

The green paint bit was critical to the story, inasmuch you see Peter getting splattered with green paint when he's scrolling through his phone in the original version while it's a whole scene in the new version.

Peter being told to "climb climb" was the also one really great character moment and probably should have stayed in.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The new stinger was probably either meant to be before the xmas timejump or was the original stinger before the pandemic delays forced MOM to be set after NWH. I suspect that if Sony had been willing to push NWH back, MOM wouldn't have done reshoots and NWH would have kept its stinger.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Some SSU movies getting new release dates

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    House of the Dragon's Milly Alcock as Spider-Gwen seems to be the latest bit of Fan-casting. And I don't hate it!

[​IMG]

Although I would love to see Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen at least once. Someone do some multiverse waggle for like Secret Wars and then Alcock can take over the role.

Usually not too into fan vids and some kinda shakey deep-fakery but I did enjoy this fan film short that hypothesizes that the Amazing Spider-Man actually ended up bounced to a different Spider-Gwen universe at the end of No Way Home. Closest we'll get to closure! (aside from him saving MJ of course)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Should be good - at least until the time jump.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So is there any word on when the MCU Spider-Man trilogy will hit Disney+ in the US? I’d really love to see the expanded version of No Way Home (without having to buy a DVD).

PCCViking likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's hard to say- there are different deals out there in the US. They recently made a new deal for Sony Marvel releases starting this year and next that will let new releases to come to D+ after 18 months on Netflix (which itself is after VOD and DVD release windows). So, that will include Morbius but, presumably, not NWH (the extended cut not really counting as a new release in this situation).

So, yeah, it'll probably be awhile until the other other US deals Sony made expire and allow the trilogy to swing onto D+ in the US. Otherwise you'd either need to get a physical release copy or a VPN to access UK D+.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Any word on when the expanded version will be viewable from home in any way?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Which is weird because I bought No Way Home on Amazon Prime Canada and I just looked at it yesterday on the app and the description said it was the extended edition that's 11 minutes longer. But then I clicked on it and nope, still the regular version with Doctor Strange 2 trailer at the end. I'm not surprised that Amazon Prime Canada has screwed up though them updating the listing does indicate it will happen eventually.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's debuting on Starz soon.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney Plus added the new Spider-Man Animated Adventures (2003 CGI) and Spectacular Spider-Man. 2003 series is weird looks weird sort of in the Raimi continuity but not. (Several X-Men references in the pilot). But I don't think i watched all of it when it came out and NPH as Peter Parker so I'll give it a shot.

Spectacular Spider-Man is fantastic. Last episode is out of order though. But I rewatched it about 2 years ago and it is definitely worth a watch. I'll definitely rewatch the episode Intervention. Skip ahead to it, great one. Venom tries to take over Peter's mind while also being a origin episode. Very trippy.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    heels1785 likes this.