main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    100% agreed! He knocked that role out of the park! [face_laugh]

2. Uncle_Enzo

Uncle_Enzo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2008
    If studios love spinoffs so much, I wouldn't mind seeing 90 minutes of Jameson sitting behind his desk running the Bugle. :p

3. Jack1138

Jan 8, 2005
    I was sad that this film did not fare better than it did. It WAS a great HULK film. They got it right this time. I grew up with the HULK TV series in the late 70's and early 80's... I liked the cameos of Bill Bixby's earlier 70's TV show that was shown along with Lou Ferigno as the security guy. They also had that original piano theme playing as Banner was walking around in central america.

Too busy of a superhero season I guess. Sad Hulk. :(

:p

4. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    The best thing about the Hulk is him saying stupid hilarious things. They did not have that. BOO.

Actually, thats the best thing about Spider-Man too...and they did not have that...

5. Jack1138

Jan 8, 2005
    I remember an original episode (70's TV show) where he walked into a body building contest. He struck poses and roared. ...That was pretty funny! :)

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Ferrigno was also the voice of the Hulk in the movie.

7. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Raimi and Maguire to return for 4&5??

I can't speak for the authenticity of these claims and there is some dispute but it was interesting enough I thought it warranted posting.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. That's interesting. My understanding was the Tobey MacGuire wasn't interested in comming back for another Spiderman film. Maybe that's why they want to shoot two of them at the same time, so that they can capitalize on his continued involvement in the project.

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    After SM3 I'd frankly rather have Sony and Marvel work out a profit-sharing deal to reboot the franchise as a part of the Marvel film universe established in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I do recall a while back Maguire backtracked a little and though he said that the series felt finished for him that his further involvement would depend mostly on Raimi. Raimi has said for a while that he would like to be involved with further Spider-Man films but that he needs a break from the franchise and it would all depend on whether Sony wants him back or not.

And while I too would like to see a reboot done with Spidey as well that integrates him into the Marvel Studios film Universe I can't see Sony giving up control of this franchise just yet.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, there are still three films left, so its possible that we could see a Tony Stark, Nick Fury or Bruce Banner cameo ala Iron Man/Incredible Hulk, but one thing is for certain. The Spiderman franchise has been mind-bogglingly successful. Sony won't just give it up.

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    2011 sounds so far away, yet it's only 3 years. :p

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    *checks watch*

Is it 2011 yet?

15. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and Avengers all within a few weeks of each other...should be an interesting summer. :p

16. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Something is going to get delayed.
    My money is on Avengers :p

17. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I can live with that. Waiting for more Spidey and a decent Cap movie is going to be excruciating. :p

18. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'll be more excited about the Cap movie. The last Spidey has me iffy. If they scale back the villains, it should be okay. 3 was way too convoluted with villains, which killed Sandman's character. They did a great job building the Sandman's character up, then totally went away from him to do the idiotic Venom stuff.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    The rumor I've heard regarding Spiderman 4 through 6 is that Raimi whats to use the Sinister Six which will mean 2 villians per film from now on.

20. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Wow. Which sinister six?

I think a movie with only Doc Conners/The Lizard, would be great. There is already a great back story there, which would make for a great story, with dynamic character emotions and such... It would just get cheapened if we had to devote a lot of the rest of the movie to other villains.

21. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I would prefer if he built up certain characters slowly over that period like he has with the Lizard, or pull a Bendis and have certain characters start out as bit characters like Shocker. That way its not an overcrowding of characters all competing for equal face time.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't know which ones he wants use, but according to wiki, there a few different line-ups, depending on which line of continuity you are following, so he shouldn't have any problems putting together an interesting team of villains for Peter to fight.

23. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    At this point I don't think the roster is as important anymore...its more about the team up of seemingly lesser individual villains proving formidable as a group. There is any number of characters that could easily fit that bill. Its a shame that they have a talent for killing off just about everyone so far because it would certainly help thin out the issue of too many villains in further flicks. Though there is a certain resurection from the comics that has yet to occur, a certain behind the scenes mastermind that might make an interesting leader of the Six.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    [image=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/ServantofDagon/mysterio.jpg]

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Am I correct in assuming that you are think of Norman Osbourne? If so, that would make for an interesting reversal in the films' overall plot. Harry spent two movies thinking that Spiderman murdered his father, wouldn't it be interesting if Norman came back to life with the belief that Spiderman murdered his son.