main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    That would certainly demonstrate Osborn's hypocrisy...avenging the death of a son he only vaguely cared for and often looked down on. I think more so they would focus on his obsession with Parker being a more adequate heir than Harry. It would be great if there was someone recruiting the beaten members in each film from the shadows, a mystery personality that is putting together a team to break Parker so that he could remold him in his own image, the kind of twisted mind games Osborn is notorious for.

And its not like his character doesn't still have resonance in the films. ;)

2. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, can we redo King Pin? Didn't really care for the DD version.

3. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    That depends on whether Fox still owns the rights to him. Last i heard (a few weeks ago) Fox was trying to recapitalize on their comic properties in the wake of Iron Man and TDK and were looking to go back the DD.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I like that. It also fits with the rooftop confrontation where he tried to get Peter to join him in Spiderman.

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    [image=http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/rbook22/295778DJLI_w.jpg]

[face_laugh]

3 words: Bring in Carnage!

6. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Hell no to redoing Kingpin. If you geth im in a Spider-Man film, make it Michael Clarke Duncan.

Slimy!

7. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Already did that with the 2003 MTV series. It was as abysmal as DD.

I agree with DT421.

8. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
  9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't think Stan Lee has nearly as much pull as he once did. Besides, the Will Smith rumor was debunked by Marvel the day it was first leaked.

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Ah, okay. I wondered, due to the date of the article, which was Sept 27th. Fairly recent.

11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/master_jacen/blackamerica.jpg]

hey, if they're gonna do that, why not black thor too?

[image=http://freakcomics.com/images/wwcon_2006/part2/black_thor.jpg]

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Likely because there was a black Captain America. :p You could do Beta Ray Bill though. ;)

13. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Maybe Raimi should stop giving Spidey a slow, painful death and make Evil Dead IV, which would probably be the most anticipated horror movie of all time.

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Bruce Campbell recently said "When he's ready, I'm ready."

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Whenever I read news of ED4 I just shrug it off nowadays. We've been fed lies and false hope for way too long now.

16. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    At this point, I'm more excited to see an Evil Dead IV as opposed to a Spider-Man IV.

17. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    MTV has a new interview with Raimi. Its really more of the same with Raimi suggesting heavily that he wants to return for the next installments of the franchise and its looking positive that both Maguire and Dunst will return as well. But he also says that its a decision left to the studio not him, they are still lacking a script and even hints what villain he wants to develop next.

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I love how Sam Raimi is getting the "film maker legend" tag. :)

19. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Tobey is getting way too long in the tooth to play Peter Parker. How long is the guy gonna stay in college?

I hated Spidey 3. I thought it was bloated and terribly written and I hated the Sandman character. Topher Grace should have been the only villain. What blew my mind was how bad Spidey 3 was compared to the second one! Spidey 2 was incredibly well done. Now we're gonna have 4 and 5? Talk about going to the well too many times.

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    By his own admission, ?Spider-Man 3? was an exhaustive film to shoot, but Raimi is confident he can handle the double duty. ?It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be,? he marveled, hinting that ?4? and ?5? would be very closely linked in storyline.
    I like the way he brings up Jackson (and the LotR trilogy by extension), but conviniently forgets about Verbinski and the less well-recieved Pirates of the Caribbean, or the Wachowski brothers and Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions. These double shoots often don't go so well.

21. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I noticed that too. Quite a shock to be honest. He's been a legend to me ever since I saw Army of Darkness way back when but I didn't think many other people thought of him that way.

22. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I honestly liked Spidey 3, so I wouldn't mind 4 or even 5, especially if they're gonna do the Lizard guy. However, I'm not holding my breath, I'd much rather watch Iron Man 2.

And Thor, if only because I anticipate that one to be either very good or very bad. Mwahahaha!

23. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    ^[face_laugh]

I can't wait to find out who the villain is in Spiderman 4.

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Spider-Man 3 was all fail.

25. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I wouldn't call it all fail. It certainly was terrible, without question. But they did manage to improve certain elements that weren't previously present. They certainly tried harder to give Spidey more of his signature quips, a crucial character element that was either underdeveloped or entirely absent in the previous films. Not to mention they did something I didn't think would be possible: They took a rather one dimensional villain (Sandman) and gave him a little more depth, and a more enjoyable story. Its a shame that his story was undercut by their mediocre representation of Harry and their horrendous adaptation of Venom.