main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Indy 5 Spielberg Not Directing Indy 5- James Mangold in Talks to Replace

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Bazinga'd , Feb 26, 2020.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 8

May 18, 2017
    I heard the original screenplay for Last Crusade written by Chris Columbus opened in a haunted house in Scotland and ended with the holy grail being guarded by a giant ape. I wonder if they will use either of these. Doubt the giant ape, ha. But they did use the mining cars and plane crash in TOD which were originally in the Raiders script.

2. oierem

oierem Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    All of that was basically rejected by Spielberg because it was too fantastical. Without Lucas pushing for something for esoteric and experimental, I doubt Spielberg or any studio will go in that direction.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Yes he'd go with less fantastical stuff like aliens. :p Kidding I know this was George's idea.

4. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 4, 2004
    WTF?!

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-update-script-james-mangold-frank-marshall/

Writing Indy seems harder then anything else. This movie wont be released ever...

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    We're already at 12 years since Crystal Skull. Kind of funny when I recall the mid 90s when I thought of Last Crusade as a "classic 80s film" despite that it was like six years old.

6. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    12 years since CS?? Wow. I remember seeing it twice opening day.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    The crazy thought is that it's possible that by the time Indy 5 comes out, it would almost be close to as much time in between CS and Five as there was between LC and CS!! As an adult that block of years feels VERY different and much shorter for me-the time between LC and CS was like my entire childhood thru graduating college into my late 20s!

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 6

Oct 4, 1998
    My fingers are crossed that the writers are taking advantage of the covid 19 delay to put more time into a good script.

9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Twelve years. Where does the time go? It's eleven years since "Avatar", which seems weird as it feels very much a modern movie. My youngest was just a baby when it came out, and this year he's off to high school.

I watched Call of the Wild last night. I really enjoyed it. I quite like "old" Harrison Ford. He's like a pair of comfortable slippers, you always know what you're going to get with him.

I thought that I was going to hate the CGI dogs, but actually thought they were great.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Call of the Wild was really good, as was Ford's performance. The CGI was a little strange at first, but once I got used to it was fine.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    i agree! during Quarantine my family watched Call Of The Wild Harrison Ford was really good in it he can still bring the goods for Indy 5!