main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion [Spinoff Idea] The Adventures of Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Bossk_Baby, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Would you watch if this was a spin-off?
    I think Carano’s acting is a bit wobbly to anchor an entire series but it would be cool to see a prequel series about the fall of the Empire from her perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh, I'd watch it, it's Star Wars.

A thousand better options for a show though, than a Cara spinoff. She does fine in the show, not sure there's that much there though.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like her character, but I’m afraid her acting is not nearly strong enough to carry a show without accepting a much lower quality of drama.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Darrin Williams

Darrin Williams Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2020
    Yeah the character is fine. Carano definitely has a screen presence imo...and I don't think her acting is terrible, but she probably has a little work to do before she's ready to carry a series.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    As long as it doesn't go over the top and just constantly show her engaging in a stream of war crimes.

Cara: "You're an Imperial?"
    *BLAM*
    Other Rebel: "WTF you just shot him out of hand!"
    Cara: "He was an Imperial! That's reason enough."

Although it could work if it shows her doing regular rebel assaults, but then comes to a head with something like the above, where the imperial in question was one of the DS1 superlaser operators (maybe shipped off the station after Alderaan but before Yavin, hence his survival of the battlestation's destruction), and that tips her over the edge... thus leading to the summary execution, and Cara becoming persona non grata with the Alliance / New Republic.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think we could have fun with Cara if this takes place as the prequel I assume it would. I'm not sure of the timelines of when she joined the Rebellion and became a soldier in relation to the destruction of Alderaan but it would be more interesting to see a good honorable but a possibly hotheaded anarchist soldier in the beginning change after the destruction of her home planet and become the brutal soldier Mon Mothma didn't seem to want but was too useful. Eventually, she just crosses the line or is scapegoated for her reputation.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This would actually be pretty cool. A boots on the ground rebel show has a lot of potential I think. I would make it more of an ensemble though with her and her squad. Something similar to Band of Brothers. They could even have a crossover with Cassian too!

Bor Mullet and Seerow like this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Is it wrong I would rather see this as a more adult oriented animated show than a live action one? Something anime-esqe?

9. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    If the second season of The Mandalorian keeps its strong aproval by fans, i have no doubt Cara Dunn will have her own series. And note that her series could be either prequel or sequel to The Mandalorian

10. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Gina is kind of jarring to watch, because she looks and acts like a badass, but talks like a valley girl. It would be like if Clint Eastwood talked like Woody Allen. [face_laugh]

11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    "So, you've...you've gotta ASK yourself...do...do you feel lucky, err, uhh, punk?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.