main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Spirited Away

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    For those who missed it (including me) on that art house release run back in september, it was just announced that we shall all get another chance to see the movie on big screen. After winning an Oscar, it will be released "Friday, April 28, 2003, on over 800 screens".

I can't wait!!

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Cool. I'll be there!

3. ThreepMe

ThreepMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I am sooooo there.

That was the one category that I was really rooting for. I'm glad it won, even though it was up against other great animation (I love Lilo & Stitch).

Do we want to forgo the "Spirited Away DVD night" and make it a "Spirited Away Theatre Night?"

That would be excellent.

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Depends on the theater, but if it's a decent location, imo big screen would be preferable to dvd viewing...

5. ThreepMe

ThreepMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Aye, good point

6. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    can i come? i loved that movie...i only have one bad memory about it and that was seeing it with the guy who is now my x-boyfriend....i could really use seeing it on a big screen to erase bad memories and make great new ones amongst friends

7. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    ummm, it will be open to all.... but it's too early to know any details (when/where) yet.

8. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    well i know it's too early for details and such. all i'm sayin is that when detials come up and are finalized and such, is that i wanna go if i can.

9. HoboZuckuss

HoboZuckuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Count me in on that. I really wanted to see that in theatres but I had huge projects due in just about every class when it was released and I never got around to seeing it after that. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

10. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    yah i had a bunch of stuff going on too, and i nearly missed it while it was still in theaters, but did actually get to see it, though it was on the samllest screen at lowes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.