main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    He wouldn't get the water so he tricked her ;)

2. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Well,I like it alot. Jag threating Jaina is right...but wrong. I don't know!!! But I have to find out what happens.

3. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Commander !!!! You won't believe what happened to me in the last 48 hours! My internet went out yesterday morning ... the whole neighborhood ... so because of my two day lack of internet, I started thinking that hey ... HH starts today! And I was practically hyperventilating all day because I kept thinking ... i missed it! I missed the start of HH! And I was in panic mode.

But .... *whew* I didn't miss the start of HH.

And instead I got Splinters!

Excellent opening, TKL, as if I expected any less of you. It's so thrilling to have fresh J/J from you ... even if Jag's threatening to blow Jaina's head off ...

?I most certainly will ?? Shawnkyr placed a hand on Jag?s back and ushered him to the far side of the bridge, out of earshot. ?? not, sir.? I love Shawnkyr! LOL

then quickly banished the notion when ideas for retribution came in the form of adult-eyes-only holovids. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!!! Scandalous Jag, I love it! [face_mischief] =P~ [face_love]

Jaina had foregone any pretense that she needed to stay in her own cabin and had take up residence in his stateroom. That would be the old Jaina's response! [face_laugh]

Chiss didn?t scream, but Jag tried. No sound escaped his lips as a face of clacking mandibles eased toward him. Well, if that isn't a fantasy-killer if there ever was one ... *sigh* not that we didn't know that you were going to make things difficult ;)

?Don?t touch me again, Jaina, or I will kill you.? Hmm, Jag certainly is a friendly one...not that it isn't justified, of course. I'd be grouchy too, if I was broken, battered and hungry and the love of my life was a bughugger and enemy.

Oh, Commander , this was such a fantastic beginning! And a good appetizer for some Healing Hearts action!

YAAAAAAY! :D :D :D

~Squishy

*is way too excited*

*and she just can't hide it*

:D

*dances and bounces out of thread*

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

First off, no matter how much I complain about painful bunny bites I just love this story. So don?t listen to me :p I am amazed at the response, honestly! Thank you, all [:D]

EP: Wonderful scene setting. There?s just something unexplainable about the way coming home can be such an escape from the rest of life, and how simple reminders of the little things we love about a paramour can bring out that smile. And great use of the senses: touch, smell, sight. It makes the scene feel so real.

Thank you. My intention had been to make the reader believe this was real to Jag. This moment was done with that in mind.

Holy crap!

You can say that again :p

Well, you did have me wondering. There were just some things that didn?t seem quite right for post-TSW? Twin Suns? The way Shawnkyr was acting? Ambassador? So having it be a dream makes a lot more sense.

The disorganization of the chronology was deliberate. The mind can do funny things in a dream state ;)

Wow! But it?s perfect for Jag after TSW. Jaina?s been practically leading the enemy for a couple of years. Even without the Joiner aspect, he has no reason to believe that her motives are genuine. With the whole Joiner thing, he has to be extra cautious. After all that?s happened, and the betrayal Jag feels, Jaina is going to have to do an awful lot of work to earn his trust again.

Exactly. Jag?s not sure what to think. Is this Jaina? Is he being saved like the old days? Or is she here for the Taat? Has she been playing tricks on his weakened mind already?

Red: Hibbity-dibbity!

Yes it?s the simple things, mi gemela [:D]

aurrasingrules101: oh, this is great!

Thank you :D

goddess45: OMG!
    ?Don?t touch me again, Jaina, or I will kill you.?
    What was that?!?!

I don?t know! :eek: Maybe he will kill her [face_worried]

I can't wait for the next chapter!!

Me neither. I?ve been writing away ;)

JediWarriorYoda: With a title like man down i figured it would be about jaina getting jag out of the ravine, but then the beginning was all a confusing (not really, but you get it, right?)

I get it. Purposefully confusing ;)

so in the end i was right about jaina going to get jag out of the ravine.

o_O Maybe she will and maybe she won?t

great closing line... terrific.

Heehee! I liked it too. I wrote it and went Whoa! did he just say that? (My characters tend to have minds of their own ;) )

oldjedinurse: Excellent! He's either delirious, or really ticked off!

Or maybe a little of both.

[face_thinking]

Or ticked off that he?s delirious?

Either way, this ought to be good.

Or very very bad 8-}

SpikeLeadJF: TKL! I guess I should have guessed that something like this would come from you.

:eek:

Now what are you implying?

After all you did write Legacy...

Oh! That I?m evil [face_devil] <--- Yep that?s me [face_mischief]

jade51999: Time for a new song, missy. Maybe something like Gilligan?s Island [face_laugh]

Ha Ha..oooh I appreciate the sneakyness Evil Author..

Mesa evil me :D

Nice start....

Thanks

Queen_Apailana: Welcome!

Great Story now if only troy denning could write this.

Ah don?t be so hard on the guy. He can?t help it that he has the need to be genuinely evil [face_devil]

WynssaStarflare: Wow. Obviously they have some issues to work out....

You can say that again!

Great job!

That too! :p

Auntie: Ack! I just can't help but feel bad for Jag!

Time to send in the headless chickens [face_chicken]

At least Jaina is trying though.

Is she? o_O

lots of twists & turns. You certainly haven't lost your touch!

You mean my touch of insanity!

Muwaahaahaaa!

*flees the chickens*

jaynasolofel: Go Jag, ma

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    First hibidity dibity, then :_|, then [:D], finally :eek:! =D=

I have to admit, I'm sort of cheering him on [face_blush] Certainly can't blame him, I'd probably do the same in his position [face_devil]

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    I do. I'd buy one! [face_laugh]

7. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    oh.. can't wait for more

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD EVENING!

Catching up on a couple replies and dropping some info at the end.

Shinar: I have to admit, I'm sort of cheering him on Certainly can't blame him, I'd probably do the same in his position

I think we all want to spank Jaina a bit after DN. So it's a bit cathartic.

jags_gurl: I do. I'd buy one!

I think I need a new official doll procurer ;)

skywalkerlover00: oh.. can't wait for more

Me neither :D

For those who wait with bated breath, there is a teaser in the Cantina. Link is in my sig. ;)

9. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Excellent teaser, can't wait to read the whole post. ;)

10. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ah, the mess to play around in in the events post-TSW.

I was surprised by the ending they gave Jag in that (if you can technically even call it an ending, I guess), and one of the first things I wondered was what would actually happen to him. I really like the angle this story takes. Definitely count me in. :)

11. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Update today?

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Updating in a few...

BigFatty: Excellent teaser, can't wait to read the whole post.

On it's way :D

Bri_Windstar: Ah, the mess to play around in in the events post-TSW.

Got's lots of potential ;)

I was surprised by the ending they gave Jag in that (if you can technically even call it an ending, I guess), and one of the first things I wondered was what would actually happen to him.

Yes the endless ending for Jagged Fel. Oh well, that's what our imaginations are for. I also wanted to resolve their breakup, which I'll expose in bits as we go along.

I really like the angle this story takes. Definitely count me in.

Awesome!

Chimpo_the_Sith: Update today?

Just for you, ImpBoy [:D]

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Surrender

?I will kill you.?

If Jaina knew one thing about Jagged Fel, it was that he didn?t make idle threats. Slowly, she drew her hand away from his face, then held up both defensively, palms forward and passive. ?I?m not here to hurt you, Jag,? she said softly. She had considered putting some Force inflection behind her words, but she figured that would only muddle the issue.

He refused to look her in the eyes. Instead his gaze darted suspiciously from her hands to the blaster at her hip.

?How about I give you my weapon?? She made a mental note to not tell her dad that she had surrendered his Deathhammer in the first minute she had found Jag.

The blaster in Jag?s hand started to shake; he waved it at her suddenly. ?Put yours on the ground beside me.?

Moving cautiously, Jaina flipped the holster open and used two fingers to back the blaster out. She faced the barrel to her, then clicked the powercell release. He hadn?t asked for her to do it, but he should have. His eyes widened slightly and hardened a second later.

?Your lightsaber, too.?

Reaching down, she gently placed the blaster closer to Jag than herself. ?I don?t have my lightsaber.?

He sat quietly for the span of several heartbeats. ?I don?t believe you.?

Jaina held her hands up and twisted her body so he could take a better look. ?I?d let you frisk me, Jag, but I don?t think you?re in the mood.?

Her attempt at levity didn?t even garner the old twinkle in his green eyes. His face was an impassive plane. ?What about your bag??

?It?s not in there, but you can check yourself if you?d like.?

He eyed the pack suspiciously. ?Why wouldn?t you bring your lightsaber??

It was a valid question. He had never known her not to have her Jedi weapon at her side; even when they had been tangled in his bed it had been within arm?s reach.

Inhaling, Jaina quieted the painful memories only days old. ?It seems that by ignoring the Jedi Grand Master?s call to return to Ossus, we?I fell out of favor. The Jedi are no longer free to follow their hearts; we must follow a Skywalker?s.?

?Luke took your weapon??

?No.? A rueful smile curled her lips. ?Mara did that. Jedi Grand Master Skywalker sentenced me to time spent on Dagobah. When my dear aunt realized I had other plans she asked for my lightsaber.? Her smile faded. ?I?m not sure if she speaks for her husband or not. To be honest I?m not sure I want to be a Jedi anymore.?

?Would this be your other plan??

Jaina met his gaze. Something had softened in his expression. The wariness was there, but at least he was listening. ?Yes.?

?The war is over, then??

?It seems.?

?Who won??

Her legs began to cramp from her crouched position under the makeshift shelter. ?I?d love to answer all your questions, but do you think I could sit or something??

?Oh. Right.? He waved the blaster, nodding.

While she shuffled into a cross-legged position across from him, Jag took a swig from the water bottle. Another trickle of water formed at the side of his mouth, and her hand itched to wipe it away. Instead, she grabbed for her pack ?

?Don?t.? He had the blaster trained on her again.

She stared directly into his threatening eyes. ?I?ll empty it.?

He tipped his head, and she carefully dumped the pack?s contents onto the ground before him. Jag studied it all ? a water cleanser unit, a medkit, a bacta sleeve, a change of clothes, a personal hygiene bag, ration bars?

?You hungry?? She held a bar out to him.

He snatched the bar and unwrapped it as fast as his fingers allowed. While he chewed away on the tasteless meal, Jaina figured it was as good a time as any to talk.

?No one really won the war, Jag. There was no need for the speciecide parasite. Just as Uncle Luke said he would, the Jedi destroyed the Dark Nest and took out Raynar Thul. Now they?re also spreading the Woteba nanotech into the hives to limit?? Suddenly feeling cold, she ran her hands along her arms. ?The Colony won?t be able to expand like

14. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    snagging spot in line {reply to come after class}

EDIT:

As always, your talent simply shines through on the computer screen. The tight tension between the pair is so thick and tangible in the beginning. The way you are able to interweave the flashbacks and dream sequences are seamless. Can't wait for next Wednesday to roll around to find out what happens next.

15. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Also staking my place in line.

EDIT: This is going to be heartbreaking, isn't it? At least at the beginning anyway (hopefully). Well written as always, and yay for Friday being two days away.

16. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [reserves some space for review]

EDIT:

?I will kill you.?

*winces*

?How about I give you my weapon?? She made a mental note to not tell her dad that she had surrendered his Deathhammer in the first minute she had found Jag.

Hah! But I think not that he would mind so much, Jaina is after all his little girl and as long as she comes home whole. ;)

Inhaling, Jaina quieted the painful memories only days old. ?It seems that by ignoring the Jedi Grand Master?s call to return to Ossus, we?I fell out of favor. The Jedi are no longer free to follow their hearts; we must follow a Skywalker?s.?

that was a weird decision of the Grand Master

?Who won??

in a war there are always only losers ? nobody wins in a war!

?My chrono.? She held out her wrist, depressing one of the buttons to silence the alarm. Casually she reached into the pocket of her utilities and withdrew a small case. ?Time for my shot.?

I haven?t finished the book yet, is it found there what she is suffering or is it for your ?fic?

?You toady-horned, bantha-smelling, rotten, lying, honorless Sith whore!?

:eek: :p

?I hate you!? Jag howled before slumping against the rock.

:eek: :( :_| :eek:

but would say that?s normal after fixing bones without painkiller :p

Slowly and without thought, Jaina leaned forward, placing a tender kiss on his lips. He tasted like fizz pudding on a miserable day, sunshine on a breeze, laughter in a trying moment. He tasted like Jag.

Jaina felt his green-eyed stare and opened her eyes. His lips smiled beneath hers, and she smiled back. Greedily, they nipped and savored each other?s lips, never breaking eye contact. Jaina was the one to pull away, but only when she suddenly felt lightheaded from lack of air.

that I call a smooth change to another timeframe :)

A tremendous surge rocked the floor right out from under her feet. Up become down as the artificial gravity went awry. Then the air began to be sucked from her lungs in the telltale signs of decompression.

Jaina?s only thought was that this was not how she wanted to die.

:eek: *blinks* what?s that?

great mush in the flashback [face_love]
    and an evil cliffie

*starts to consider to go back to lurking and waiting till ?fics are actually finished before starting to read ?em, then there is no waiting time*

Mookiee is joking ;)

~ Mags ~

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I actually whimpered for Jaina at Jags 'I hate you!" Poor girl, she's only tyring to help. And you leave us wiht antoher cliffie?? ARRGGHH!!!! LOL

18. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Poor Jaina, she really doesn't have anything right now; no order and no man. Hopefully Jag will be able to forgive her. Great post!

19. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Oooh! AM update and I have to go to class and work today:(

Reply later!

Back Now!

Gracious girl! I came back to find a book!

From me? Never!:p

You?re too smart. I can?t get anything past you :(

Just wait a couple more weeks. Then you'll be lucky if I catch on to anything:p

More like the fact that she?s there to make a mess. Give it time

Yeah. Touching and heartbreaking at the same time.

I know! I?m getting spoiled in the Cantina!

Me too! The tongue smiley just isn't the same here...

I am not sure what hurts worse, his pride or his ankle, at this point.

Tough call.

Now, on to the post...

which was AWESOME!!!

?I will kill you.?

At this point, I can almost believe it.

If Jaina knew one thing about Jagged Fel, it was that he didn?t make idle threats.

No, he doesn't. I've never seen him as the type to play those kinds of games.

She had considered putting some Force inflection behind her words, but she figured that would only muddle the issue.

Good call. Now is definitely not the time to use the Force against him.

He'd probably have a hissy fit. Han Solo style of course.

He sat quietly for the span of several heartbeats. ?I don?t believe you.?

No trust in her. If she wants it back, she's gonna have to work for it.

He eyed the pack suspiciously. ?Why wouldn?t you bring your lightsaber??

Good question. It must seem odd to him for her not to have it considering they were pretty hot and heavy when she was named Sword of the Jedi. And the lightsaber IS the sword of the jedi.

It was a valid question. He had never known her not to have her Jedi weapon at her side; even when they had been tangled in his bed it had been within arm?s reach.

Now what would they be doing tangled in his bed???:p

?I?m not sure if she speaks for her husband or not. To be honest I?m not sure I want to be a Jedi anymore.?

Wow. That seems like it would be pretty shocking news (and probably is to Jag) but considering the events of DN, it doesn't seem like it really is.

Jaina met his gaze. Something had softened in his expression. The wariness was there, but at least he was listening. ?Yes.?

Well then. I wonder which plan is tougher, being exhiled to Dagobah or trying to win back Jag?[face_thinking]

He snatched the bar and unwrapped it as fast as his fingers allowed. While he chewed away on the tasteless meal, Jaina figured it was as good a time as any to talk.

Poor Jag. I'll bet that ration bar tastes as good as his favorite desert right now.

?Feared?? He huffed. ?You are.?

Well, that was blunt. Can't say I blame him all things considering but I do kinda feel bad for her.

?My chrono.? She held out her wrist, depressing one of the buttons to silence the alarm. Casually she reached into the pocket of her utilities and withdrew a small case. ?Time for my shot.?

?What?s that for?? he asked as she removed a hypo from the case.

?Just something Cilghal wanted me to take.?

Hmm...that's interesting. I wonder what that could be.

Jaina felt the same sickening ache roil in her stomach. She still had to make peace with what had happened; she didn?t know whether to hate her mother for shooting Jag down or console her.

The thing about life is that things aren't always black and white. This is one of the many murky grey area situations she's going to have to deal with. And possibly even more difficult is that Jag has to come to realize that it's not a black and white situation too.

?I meant, no painkillers.?

Again, given the circumstances, I can't say i blame him.

?You?ve got to be kidding?you don?t trust me??

After all that's happened, does

20. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    *scratches head*

I must be higher on cold medicine than I thought. It's good mush but confusing mush. And an evil cliffie at the end, I expected that part :p

Jaina felt his green-eyed stare and opened her eyes.

Green green green green green green green green [face_dancing] :D

21. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I'll add an Author's Note here for those left a bit discombobulated by the post.

[A/N - The whole story will revolve around flashbacks to Jaina and Jag's starcrossed past. When my oh-so-evil beta read the post he commented on the odd jump between the present and the past. I could have changed to italics to delineate between the the post-DN reality and the pre-DN past, but I chose not to. My reasoning was this - I felt that the events of their past were still very real to Jaina and Jag, and I chose to leave them very real to the reader as well. While it can be a bit disconcerting I think the characters are just as troubled by the whole back and forth so it lends a sort of raw, worrisome vibe to the story. So that's why the story is written as it is.]

Hope that clears things up a bit...

22. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    To be honest the end of this post is really confusing :confused:

And Jag hit Jaina very hard with his words :(

23. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Actually, I thought the transition to the flashback was pretty clear: she paused, struck by a sudden onslaught of a memory ? the last time she had seen his face smoothed by the bliss of freedom from worry. and then they're all smiles and kissy-faces - obviously the memory. It was stuff in the flashback itself that took me awhile to work out.

?I think I?m ready to take you up on that offer.?

He was silent for a moment. ?To go home??

?Yes."

:eek: So she was finally ready to visit Csilla with him? Now I'm wondering what in the world mucked that up so badly. (I guess I'll just stay tuned to find out! ;))

Jag didn?t relinquish his hold. ?What if I don?t want you to??

Jaina stiffened, unsure how to take his question.

I didn't quite know what to make of that on the first read. When I found out that what she was doing was giving herself an injection, that just confused me even more. It provided a nice symmetry with the earlier part of the post, but I didn't get why if that's what she was doing, why would Jag's question bother her like that? After thinking on it waaay longer than I should have, my best guess is that it was some sort of birth control. Dunno if I'm close or not, but that's what I'm going with.

His hold tightened to the point it felt like he was shaking. Jaina waited, letting the moment pass. Finally, he kissed the back of her head. ?There was a time I feared you were distancing yourself from me, but these past weeks have been?incredible. This means more to me than you could know.?
    [...]
    ?I?? Breaking eye contact, Jag shook his head. ?It?s nothing.?
    [...]
    ?I just need to talk to you about something.?
    [...]
    ?Not now. Before we go to Csilla though.?
    [...]
    Anxious tension was coming off Jag in waves.

o_OMy guess is that he knew he was being recalled to the CEDF or was given the choice to return and his decision was going to be based on how things were going with Jaina. Looking forward to seeing how close (or not) I am.

backing up the post a bit...

?I hate you!? Jag howled before slumping against the rock.

Jaina sat frozen in the narrow ravine as the walls closed inward, pushing the echoes of his final words at her. I hate you! Words were a weapon against which even a Jedi could not defend. They pierced through her like a million shards of white hot fury.

Poor Jaina! :_| She had to expect that to some degree...but that wouldn't lessen the pain at all. :(

Great post, as always! :D

24. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I actually liked that the flashback isn't italized. I agree in that it makes it feel present. But I read the A/N before the post.

I also liked the "I hate you" line (I guess I don't follow the party line :p ). Well, I didn't like it(that'd be odd of me :p ), but I liked the emotion of it. He's bitter and he's hurt. Oh, why must you torment us, Del Rey? :_| [face_frustrated]

Looking forward to next Wed. This is one I'm going to stress over wait with, I can tell! [face_laugh]

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    interesting.

Yeah the transition was a bit discombobulating but i'm assuming that she's still in the dream part when the post ends so i'm sure the next part will make it all make much more sense. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.