main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, This is absolutally amazing.

I love the transitions from what's happening then and a flashback or dream. It's confusing at first but then you get it and it's a very cool effect.

I'm looking foward to reading more of this.

2. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    hmm...i've never read a story that can make me so happy and so sad at the same time.

great update.

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Well, I have to admit I was confused at first, too, but after rereading... the post made sense and I have to appreiciate the immediacey of the J/J memories in this fic.

Ouch! Poor Jag! Rebreaking & setting bones would be awful! Give me the drugs! He really must not trust her right now!

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow, lots more interesting stuff in this post. [face_thinking] And some great mush too. [face_love]

If Jaina knew one thing about Jagged Fel, it was that he didn?t make idle threats.
    No, he doesn?t. [face_mischief]

Reaching down, she gently placed the blaster closer to Jag than herself. ?I don?t have my lightsaber.?

He sat quietly for the span of several heartbeats. ?I don?t believe you.?

I don?t blame Jag for this one. I?d be skeptical too. :(

?I?d love to answer all your questions, but do you think I could sit or something??
    [face_laugh] That?s such a Jaina thing to say!

He snatched the bar and unwrapped it as fast as his fingers allowed.
    He can?t be too mistrustful, if he didn?t immediately assume the offered food was poisoned or drugged. ;)

They feared I was becoming a Joiner ??

?Feared?? He huffed. ?You are.?

Yeah, there?s the heart of the matter for Jag. Seeing Jaina as a Joiner must have been completely heartbreaking for him. It?s just not the woman he fell in love with. And then to watch her make choices that, in his mind, are heavily influenced by the hive mind and out of character for her ? like the attack on Supply Depot Thrago. So it?s only natural he would be very wary of her, until he?s certain she?s no longer a Joiner. [face_worried]

?Must be feeling guilty.?
    [face_laugh] Zing! Score one for Jag. :D

?I trust you?ll do a good job of breaking it.?
    [face_laugh] And another. There?s that Corellian sense of humor. ;)

He hated her already. She had nothing left to lose.
    Poor Jaina? :_| She must feel so lost and alone. [:D]

?There was a time I feared you were distancing yourself from me, but these past weeks have been?incredible. This means more to me than you could know.?
    Wonderful happy moment for them. [face_love] =D= The whole exchange was great but this was my favorite part. It just feels so real.

?What?s nothing, Jag??
    Hmm. [face_thinking] It seems they?re each hedging on something... [face_thinking]

Another awesome post, EP! :D Can?t wait for more. :cool:

5. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    *wanders in*

Excellent job, TKL! I've been reading and rereading this, and you've done very well setting the situation between the two of them. Now I just hafta wait for the next post?

KT

6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm so confused. I get it was a flashback but where does it start??

It was good though

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Goddess45: The flashback starts when Jaina kisses Jag. It transitions from a kiss in present time to a kiss in their past.

8. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Ok, first off great post. Maybe it makes me weird or maybe it's because I want to be a doctor, but I loved the part where Jaina had to reset Jag's ankle. It was cool. :D And being the optimist that I am, I'm chalking everything he said up to the pain he experienced because he wanted to do it the macho man way. ;)

But I will say that I'm kinda of confused about the end. Granted it's Jaina, and you can't kill her off so easily, but don't most people die from decompression? And if they do, wouldn't it be impossible to have a flashback about it, if they're dead? *shrugs* I guess I'll just have to wait for the next post.

And what about the injection? What was that for? You've got my logical mind thinking about this too much, TKL. I should be enjoying the mush. :p Which reminds me. I think I know what he wanted to ask her. [face_thinking] Was he going to "pop" a certain question? [face_love]

-Vicster

9. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    got it!

10. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    i liked that

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I'm really enjoying this - excellent writing!

oldj

12. Cil

Cil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Now if the people at Lucas Book have the right idea they will do something like this in Legacy.

[:D] =D= [:D] [face_love]

13. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm in Legacy Jag died :p

14. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    The Rebel is confused. [face_plain]

Very good, though, mush and all. It took me awhile to understand the flash back...and I still don't get it completly...Still, very good post. =D=

~Rebel

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?It seems that by ignoring the Jedi Grand Master?s call to return to Ossus, we?I fell out of favor. The Jedi are no longer free to follow their hearts; we must follow a Skywalker?s.?

I really liked that you included that. Showing Luke's wickedness [face_whistling]

?You toady-horned, bantha-smelling, rotten, lying, honorless Sith witch!?

Jag! :eek:

Syal is going to wash his mouth out with bacta when he gets home.

Interesting change in time again, I'm not really sure what to make of it [face_thinking] Have to wait for next week's post I suppose.

Terrific writing once again, TKL :) You make it easy to empathize with both characters and what they went through during the Swarm War? Jag's apprehension and distrust of Jaina, Jaina's sorrowfulness and what happened without actually apologizing for protecting the Killiks.

Really enjoying this and looking forward to more :D

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Jaina held her hands up and twisted her body so he could take a better look. ?I?d let you frisk me, Jag, but I don?t think you?re in the mood.?

:rolleyes: That's only going to anger him more. I'm just saying.

The Jedi are no longer free to follow their hearts; we must follow a Skywalker?s.

Are you telling Jag that you heart was leading you away from him? That's not very smart.

Jedi Grand Master Skywalker sentenced me to time spent on Dagobah.

Not Uncle Luke? Obstinate child. She gets reprimanded for her actions, which in most opinions was questionable and now it's Grand Master Skywalker.

When Jag gets better he should take her over his knee and spank her.

17. baby-jade

baby-jade Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    yah that would be funny[face_laugh]

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Wow, this is really good. It seems so real- the perfect way for the DN trilogy to have ended. I can't wait for more, and hopefully a happy ending for all of our favorite couple!!

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Replies to follow and a reminder to look for a teaser in the Cantina this afternoon.

JediWarriorYoda: As always, your talent simply shines through on the computer screen. The tight tension between the pair is so thick and tangible in the beginning.

Why thank you. It?s a fine line to tread making them enemies yet old trusting friends in the same scene.

The way you are able to interweave the flashbacks and dream sequences are seamless.

Glad you think so :D

Piggy: This is going to be heartbreaking, isn't it?

And why do you say that? It?s the hibidy dibity story!

At least at the beginning anyway (hopefully).

Right! [face_love]

Mookiee: Hah! But I think not that he would mind so much, Jaina is after all his little girl and as long as she comes home whole.

True, unless giving up said Deathhammer results in her going home in a bodybag.

[face_thinking]

Jag wouldn?t shoot her?

that was a weird decision of the Grand Master

I?d agree but then again it?s what I have to work with from the book.

I haven?t finished the book yet, is it found there what she is suffering or is it for your ?fic?

Jaina?s affliction isn?t apparent in the book, but a person might surmise what?s wrong with her now based on the outcome of TSW?So everyone else could be in the dark as you are. ;)

that I call a smooth change to another timeframe

Why thanks!

Leona: I actually whimpered for Jaina at Jags 'I hate you!" Poor girl, she's only tyring to help.

That?s what pain mixed with an aching heart will get you. :(

And you leave us wiht antoher cliffie?? ARRGGHH!

You?ve not been accustomed to reading my stories yet [face_devil]

WynssaStarflare: Poor Jaina, she really doesn't have anything right now; no order and no man.

You?d think she was at her lowest low, right? [face_mischief]

Not quite yet.

Hopefully Jag will be able to forgive her.

Yeah, one can only pray [face_praying]

Wildcat: Me too! The tongue smiley just isn't the same here...

At least not when it comes to how it refers to Yobi :p

At this point, I can almost believe it.

Good [face_devil]

Good question. It must seem odd to him for her not to have it considering they were pretty hot and heavy when she was named Sword of the Jedi. And the lightsaber IS the sword of the jedi.

You so smart ;)

Well, that was blunt. Can't say I blame him all things considering but I do kinda feel bad for her.

Good. I want you to feel bad for both of them.

And possibly even more difficult is that Jag has to come to realize that it's not a black and white situation too.

Bingo!

You know, when I was a kid, I remember people telling me "sticks and stones may brake my bones but words can never hurt me". I think this is a lie. Words can hurt, a lot. Sometimes, I think they can hurt a lot worse than physical pain. Sometimes, they make you wonder if any physical pain can match the pain in your heart. Jaina's right here. Words are a powerful weapon that not even the Force can deflect.

Sad but true. And sometimes those wounds never heal, unlike old injuries.

Shinar: It's good mush but confusing mush.

Confusing mush is good, right?

And an evil cliffie at the end, I expected that part

You should expect that ;)

Chimpo: Jag hit Jaina very hard with his words

Very hard :_| Go give her a hug, ImpBoy [:D]

Scoundrel: So she was finally ready to visit Csilla with him? Now I'm wondering what in the world mucked that up so badly. (I guess I'll just stay tuned to find out! )

Exactly. Stay tuned to find out [face_batting]

I didn't quite know what to make of that on the first read. When I found out that what she was doing was giving herself an injection, that just confused me even more. It provided a nice symmetry with the earlier part of the post, but I didn't get why if that's

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Scarred

The instant the refresher door sealed shut Jag scrambled from the bed. He fumbled into his clothes, then tripped over a pants leg in his excitement. By the time he fastened his belt he was surprised Jaina hadn?t emerged from the refresher with some snappy retort about a herd of Banthas running around the stateroom.

Finally regaining his balance, Jag walked to the closet and pushed aside the clothes. Fighting the nervous energy in his hands, he punched the code into the safe hidden in the back wall. It chirped a tone and popped open. Rifling through the various top secret flimsies and an assortment of spare blasters and powercells, his fingers finally came to rest on a small cloth bag nestled in the back corner. He palmed the luxurious fabric, fighting back the mixture of disappointment and anticipation swirling deep within his gut.

He hadn?t opened this bag since the day he had left Jaina on Zonama Sekot, but he had carried it with him always. Hoping beyond hope that some day ?

A violent lurch brought the closet?s contents crashing down around him. Almost instantly, however, the pile of clothes lifted, floating away as the artificial gravity generators failed. Jag tried to call out to Jaina, but his lungs were painfully empty. The hiss of rushing air and the popping of his eardrums confirmed the ship had experienced a sizable hull breach.

The stateroom door whisked open and air fled the room with the speed of a Csilla blizzard. The head of the Ambassador?s security detail, fighting weightlessness, pulled himself into the room. The rest of his squad followed, rebreathers in their mouths.

?Ambassador, we need to get you to safety,? the squad leader shouted over the howling air and blaring alarms, then placed a rebreather to his lips.

?Not ?? Jag could hardly find the air to speak. ?Jain-a.?

As if on cue, she tumbled from the refresher. Simultaneously her flightsuit whipped across the room and into her hand. With no mind to impropriety, Jaina ripped off her robe, letting it fall into the flurry of debris flying about the room. While she struggled into her clothes, Jag accepted a rebreather from one of the soldiers.

After a couple of deep breaths, he leaned in to the squad leader. ?Jaina needs one too.?

She floated across the room, waving them off with one hand while digging through a pocket with another. With a triumphant grin, Jaina tugged out a tiny rebreather. She had once told him all good Jedi carried rebreathers. Luckily for them it was true; the squad leader was indicating he had none to spare.

?That won?t last long,? Jag noted.

Jaina sucked in a quick breath. ?Don?t need long. Jedi, remember??

She was right, and he didn?t have the luxury of worrying about it at the moment. Jag snatched a shirt from the air, and only then realized he was still clutching the tiny bag in his other hand. ?Status report, Major??

The Chiss barked into his throat microphone, then listened intently over the roar of the decompressing ship. Jaina clasped on her lightsaber belt while Jag donned the shirt. When he was sure she wasn?t looking, he tucked the bag into his one pants pocket that buttoned closed.

?Sir, initial reports indicate a lone Granjanjin fighter made a suicide run into the bridge. Decks 9, 10 and 11 are venting atmosphere,? the squad leader bellowed.

The crew was more than capable of sealing the breaches; Jag could already feel the pressure rising in his ears as the ship?s life support systems began to counter the effects; thankfully, artificial gravity was the first system restored fully. Still his immediate concern was the damage to the bridge. ?Report to the secondary bridge. I want an update relayed as soon as you arrive.?

The squad leader nodded in understanding. ?What about you, sir??

Jag sucked in one quick breath from the rebreather. ?Knight Solo and I will attempt to assess the damage to the primary bridge.?

The Chiss was not happy with his directive, but there was no visible indication other than the thin set t

21. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Snag!

EDIT: Yay for more background, an early and non-heartbreaking post. Even if they're fighting still, seems like they're getting along more. Excellent post as always.

22. alanna_mara

alanna_mara Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    Oh I can't wait to see what will happen next. :) *Resumes waiting somewhat paitently*

23. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Woohoo!

Reply later!

Back Now!

What A Post! I absolutely loved it (even though it brought up more questions than answers, but I know you like that).

By the time he fastened his belt he was surprised Jaina hadn?t emerged from the refresher with some snappy retort about a herd of Banthas running around the stateroom.

You know. The flashbacks of normalcy almost make me sad. Showing the way things could have been. Should have been. But now they're going to have to work much harder if they want to get it back.

Rifling through the various top secret flimsies and an assortment of spare blasters and powercells, his fingers finally came to rest on a small cloth bag nestled in the back corner. He palmed the luxurious fabric, fighting back the mixture of disappointment and anticipation swirling deep within his gut.

What's with Jag and his secret lingerie? Didn't he get the memo from George? He told Carrie Fisher that "there's no underwear in space":p

She was right, and he didn?t have the luxury of worrying about it at the moment. Jag snatched a shirt from the air, and only then realized he was still clutching the tiny bag in his other hand. ?Status report, Major??

Well it looks like their lives are a little less ideal right now but at least they're together.

?Feels like old times,? Jaina quipped, running along at his side.

?What, mayhem and danger at every turn??

Yup. Their best times together have been during mayhem and danger:D

Even with the rebreather back in her mouth, her Solo grin was clearly visible. Jag felt oddly happy, and realized any instant in time would feel right so long as Jaina was at his side. From her expression, he wondered if she had the same inclination.

That statement has struck me as true for awhile now. I'm glad he realizes it. I just hope that he can realize it again.

Then he realized his head was pounding, and when he tried to bring a hand to his forehead, it wouldn?t move. In fact, Jag felt like he was immersed in a vat of quicksand.

Back to reality. Bummer. I was so enjoying the flashbacks.

Her hands moved across her skin, rubbing in a lotion. The Tenupe atmosphere was caustic to human skin, drying it out quickly. Jaina?s skin was as porcelain as ever, though, stretched taut over sinewy muscles. But she was thin, too thin. And there was a scar ? stretching from her left shoulder blade all the way down to her right hip. To Jag, it looked like something had tried to cut her in two, and nearly succeeded.

Hmm...He's noticing all kinds of things about her. He still loves her. That's fairly obvious. He wouldn't be so angry at her if he didn't still love her.

I'm definitely interested in the scar on her back. I can't wait to hear that story.

?Oh.? She quickly pulled on her tank. Leaving the top of her utilities draped around her waist, she turned around to face him. ?On some Jedi mission, somewhere.?

So she's hedging. That must mean the story's really good.

She carefully lifted his leg and began to slide the sleeve off. ?Three days.?

He ripped the leg the rest of the way and was half way to standing by the time he shouted back, ?Three days!?

That kind of reminds me of Mara and Luke on Niraun. Hopefully with similar results:D

Her eyes popped open and she looked up at him. Despite being in the shade, beads of sweat were forming on Jaina?s forehead. ?When I?m ready.? Her eyes closed again, and her chin lowered.

So many secrets. Well the more secrets there are, the more we have to find out.

Her eyes flew open. ?How ?bout you worry about you and I?ll worry about me? The sooner we can get out of here, the better.?

Okay, I take that last statement back. You're killing me here!

He picked up the powercell as well, then slowly made his way back to Jaina?s pack. He placed the powercell into the weapon, checked the safety, and laid the blaster with the rest of her things.

So now

24. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    At least Jag's being more civil now. I guess having a shattered leg made him cranky. He didn't even react badly when Jaina admitted to giving him drugs. It looks like he is willing to forgive her now. Let's hope that continues. Great post!

25. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.