main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Oh, you're KILLING me here T_T
    You're so good TKL, I really need to finish Legacy...

But I really like this story, although I got confused by the flashback, especially since he'd dreamed about it before. Poor Jag...and are we going to find out about the medicine Jaina's taking? My money is it's a debugetizer. And I hope we find out about Zekk and that maybe she dumped his stupid butt.
    Anywho, I am waiting!!!

2. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Yay, a post a day early!! So what is this medicine that Jaina keeps taking? Hmm, truth or dare...:p

3. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    *Stumbles across another TKL short story*

Hey! Look what I found!

Excellent work so far. And the tone is so different from your other pieces, due to the circumstances in part, I'm sure, but you've adapted it to the darker post-DN very nicely. It will be interesting to see where you take this. I'll be reading!

-Sola

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Still and always excellent!

oldj

5. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Fabulous!!! More of a response tomorrow, after classes start and I survive...

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Ouch that is a nasty scar, Jaina [face_worried]

I wonder what this medicine is that Jaina takes [face_thinking]

Well at least Jag is getting ok now...

Uh next post looks interesting :)

EDIT: BTW Jag seems to soften a little bit :) He's probably as concerned about that scar as I am but he won't say it. Yet ;)

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    The instant the refresher door sealed shut Jag scrambled from the bed. He fumbled into his clothes, then tripped over a pants leg in his excitement. By the time he fastened his belt he was surprised Jaina hadn?t emerged from the refresher with some snappy retort about a herd of Banthas running around the stateroom.

[face_laugh] Oh, what a visual!

He hadn?t opened this bag since the day he had left Jaina on Zonama Sekot, but he had carried it with him always. Hoping beyond hope that some day ?

Poor Jag! [:D]

And there was a scar ? stretching from her left shoulder blade all the way down to her right hip. To Jag, it looked like something had tried to cut her in two, and nearly succeeded.

:eek: Ouch! I'm interested to find out why Jaina was so evasive when Jag asked about it.

It was a beautiful weapon ? a 434 Deathhammer, to be precise. They could blow holes through chitin. Definitely good for killing bugs.

Not surprised that Jag would think that. Now that I think of it - not surprised that Han would have a weapon like that.

Great post, as always! :D

8. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    *delurks*

Yes, I have been lurking...but at least I came out early right?

Kriff, I love this...it's just what I would imagine happening next...if I were writing the books (then again I would've changed a lot of stuff before they ever got all angsty and hatey towards each other in DNT) But it's just so amazingly addictive...and it doesn't help with you leaving us on cliffies like this. >_<

As for Jaina and her meds...is she only like antidepressants or mood stabilizers? That comment that you threw out a while back made me suspect that might be it...but I don't know. Maybe she got the Chiss virus, meh.

Thanks for the early update...can't wait till next week now...I need answers!

9. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    I'm still wondering about the medicine...something to keep her from being buggy, maybe? [face_thinking]

I got the flashback/dream thing this time...much less confusing.

Next time, Jag and Jaina play truth or dare...

OOOO!!! ;)

~Rebel

10. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    wonderful update, eagerly awaiting more.

11. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Weird.... what was that thing going on with Jaina?? Odd. I'm excited about the next chapter.. that should be interesting..

Great job TKL!!

12. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Okay, things are making much more sense without the cold medicine ;)

Confusing mush is still good [face_love]

I'm glad they are working together (even if it is grudging). The fighting was fun but you can only take the tension so far before the readers start whining :p

Jag giving his blaster back came across as a peace offering to me :D

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Good morning, everyone! [face_coffee] :D

Sorry I missed a post, my twin, I?ll do a double review here. [face_blush]

Surrender

?I will kill you.?

If Jaina knew one thing about Jagged Fel, it was that he didn?t make idle threats.

:( That he could even say such a thing to her demonstrates just how much damage has been done to their relationship. It seems insurmountable at this point. :_|

She had considered putting some Force inflection behind her words, but she figured that would only muddle the issue.

Ah, yes. As I recall, in the past when she?s done that to him, it didn?t take him long to catch on to it.

?Luke took your weapon??

?No.? A rueful smile curled her lips. ?Mara did that. Jedi Grand Master Skywalker sentenced me to time spent on Dagobah. When my dear aunt realized I had other plans she asked for my lightsaber.? Her smile faded. ?I?m not sure if she speaks for her husband or not. To be honest I?m not sure I want to be a Jedi anymore.?

Wow! What was Mara thinking of?
    ?A Jedi?s lightsaber is his most precious possession. This weapon is your life!? [/Obi]

So these shots Jaina has to take, are those to cure her bug-a?boos? :p Something to reverse her altered cellular structure or whatever the heck happened to her when she became a bug-hugger?

?I couldn?t have made it planetside without her help.? She shut the case and tucked it back into her pocket. ?Dad?s too.?

I?m glad that at least Han and Leia are still supportive of her relationship with Jag, even after everything that has happened.

?You toady-horned, bantha-smelling, rotten, lying, honorless Sith witch!?

Jag?s mouth needs washing with soap! [face_shame_on_you]

I hate you! Words were a weapon against which even a Jedi could not defend. They pierced through her like a million shards of white hot fury.

Poor Jaina. I imagine that hurt just as bad as having a broken bone reset. :(

And then the memories of mushiness. :wub: [face_love] *sigh* If only? [face_frustrated]

A tingling sensation erupted in her gut and suddenly she wanted to be back in Jag?s arms, letting him tell her whatever he needed to say. Spinning the hypo in her fingers she angled it toward her thigh ?

A tremendous surge rocked the floor right out from under her feet. Up become down as the artificial gravity went awry. Then the air began to be sucked from her lungs in the telltale signs of decompression.

Jaina?s only thought was that this was not how she wanted to die.

Wait, what happened?. You stinker, gemela, she didn?t get that shot in her thigh. :p I don?t want her making that clicking sound in her throat in the next post. :p

Scarred

The instant the refresher door sealed shut Jag scrambled from the bed. He fumbled into his clothes, then tripped over a pants leg in his excitement.

Woot! Nekkid Jaggie! =P~ :p I really need that wahoo and wub smilies. Heehee.

As if on cue, she tumbled from the refresher. Simultaneously her flightsuit whipped across the room and into her hand.

With no mind to impropriety, Jaina ripped off her robe, letting it fall into the flurry of debris flying about the room.

A similar treat for the guys. [face_hypnotized] All?s cool. ;)

Even with the rebreather back in her mouth, her Solo grin was clearly visible. Jag felt oddly happy, and realized any instant in time would feel right so long as Jaina was at his side.

That brought a smile to my face. The way things used to be. [:D]

With nothing left to do, Jag propped himself up against the same rock he had leaned against for the last few days and waited. Time crawled by. He blinked against the afternoon sun, watching Jaina for what seemed like hours as she sat on the other side of the ravine.

Again, this made me really hopeful. Jag is letting Jaina be Jaina, allowing her time to do her Jedi meditations and being very patient about it. The boy still loves her. ;) :*

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I can?t tell you how much I?m enjoying this story. :D Of course it flows perfectly from the end of Dark Nest, and that alone is really cool. But the way you?re interweaving Jaina?s rescue with the flashbacks to a happier, lighter time adds such emotional weight to the scenes. The reminder of what Jaina and Jag lost makes their current circumstances that much more tragic. :_|

The instant the refresher door sealed shut Jag scrambled from the bed. He fumbled into his clothes, then tripped over a pants leg in his excitement.
    Just as I expected ? the ladies appreciated this part. ;) [face_whistling]

With no mind to impropriety, Jaina ripped off her robe, letting it fall into the flurry of debris flying about the room. While she struggled into her clothes, Jag accepted a rebreather from one of the soldiers.
    And I appreciate this part. =P~ Thanks, EP! :D

?Feels like old times,? Jaina quipped, running along at his side.
    ?What, mayhem and danger at every turn??

[face_love] These are the happy moments I was talking about. ;)

?Ro. Ul eet oo ad da op.?
    Let?s not discuss how long it took me to figure out what she was saying. :oops: :p

Jaina the bug ?
    :eek: Yep, Jag still definitely has some fears and doubts about whether he can trust Jaina. [face_worried]

But she was thin, too thin. And there was a scar ? stretching from her left shoulder blade all the way down to her right hip. To Jag, it looked like something had tried to cut her in two, and nearly succeeded.
    Uh oh! :( Interesting, though, the emotions that are lingering beneath the surface here. Jag?s reaction isn?t one of disgust, but concern. That?s a good sign. [face_love]

?On some Jedi mission, somewhere.?
    Jaina definitely learned some diplomacy skills from her mother. :p

It was a beautiful weapon ? a 434 Deathhammer, to be precise. They could blow holes through chitin. Definitely good for killing bugs.
    Well, well. [face_mischief] That ought to clarify a few things for Jag.

They were just drifting shut when the chrono alarm sounded, jolting him from his impending slumber.
    Of course! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Jag!

Another great post, EP! [:D] Can?t wait for the next one. :cool:

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That is indeed a nasty sounding scar. Whatever had happend is certainly not as simple as Jaina makes it sound. Hmm, wondering on how much she's taken on with holding off the medicine the way she does.

Another excellent post.

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I myself am really enjoying having the memory flashbacks interwoven into the present situation. It makes everything layered and complex, and we get to peel it back bit by bit to get at the heart of the characters and their emotions. :)

The tension and unease is very palpable between them. I think both have some sense of wariness with the other, just that Jag has that much more so than Jaina. Wonder when he'll start to come around some (and hoping that the "when" is not in fact an "if" :p )

17. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    TKL,
    Yesterday was the first time I had dared to look at FanFiction. I have a bit of my own, but had never ventured into the realms of other people?s imagination. As I tentatively waded ankle-deep to the sea of FanFic here, I found that there are good stories and not-as-good stories. It all depends on the multitude of factors that goes into writing a piece I suppose. But when I found yours, I feel like I struck gold! I dove in head first!

Theirs is the story I so wanted played out. Splinters has, so far, portrayed itself in a way that is so true to the characters themselves while unlocking past circumstances that so many of us have wanted to uncover (why didn?t they go to Csilla, what turned her away???). Like the books themselves, I am drawn into this story!! It?s exactly as I would imagine it should be: the bitterness, the sense of betrayal, the regret and all-but-dead-hope of a future? All the raw emotion!!! I can?t get enough of it! I pray that there IS a happy ending? (you?ve been so coy about that), but I can already tell that no matter the ending, your wonderfully enriched writing style will keep us up to our necks in it from beginning to end!

Thank you for making my first FanFic experience a good one! You can bet I?ll keep coming back for more!

*~Telanna~*

18. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah so this time the switch took me by surprise and I was confused for a few minutes. Good job, TKL. You finally got me. :)

I still want to know what the deal is with the hypospray. What's Jaina hiding? [face_thinking]

-Vicster

19. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Your whole story has me on the edge of my seat. Great job!

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Bug-a-boos! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wait, is Dr Jekyll the good one or the bad one? :confused: Oh right. :p

Shots in both realtime and flashback... [face_thinking] We need more hints about this, EP! [face_shame_on_you]

21. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey everyone. I'm passing along a quick note from TKL.

Unfortunately she took a nasty spill at the horse show this weekend. :( The good news is it's nothing more serious than some nasty aches and bruises, although with the pain she can only type with one hand. So she'll be relaxing this week on doctor's orders, including fanfic.

In light of all this, there won't be a new post at Splinters this week. Thanks for your understanding and patience, everyone. I know TKL will be back just as soon as she can.

Feel better soon, EP. [:D]

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow i just discovered this amazing work!

great job!
    get to feeling better!

23. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Great job!

Excellent work the Jaina and Jag. I'm looking forward to reading more. Get well soon!

24. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    With no mind to impropriety, Jaina ripped off her robe,

=D=

[face_mischief]

She had once told him all good Jedi carried rebreathers.

Yep, I can think of at least two good ones who did ;)

And there was a scar ? stretching from her left shoulder blade all the way down to her right hip.

He can see all that, huh? [face_mischief]

She carefully lifted his leg and began to slide the sleeve off. ?Three days.?
    He ripped the leg the rest of the way and was half way to standing by the time he shouted back, ?Three days!?
    ?Well, at least we know all those drugs I gave you didn?t affect your cognitive skills.?

[face_laugh]

Next time, Jag and Jaina play truth or dare...

That could be interesting ;)

Another great post, TKL :D I'm wondering what happened to Jaina and Jag on that Star Destroyer in his flashback [face_thinking] You did a terrific job with the descriptions and again the juxtaposition of the time switch really adds a sense of movement to the story. I'm also concerned about Jaina's bug juice... seems like that will have an impact in the near future [face_worried]

Looking forward to seeing what Jag and Jaina do next. I'm really enjoying this one, TKL :)

25. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    I'm praying for a quick recovery TKL! [face_praying]
    Hope you feel better soon. We'll be fine until then!
    [face_batting]
    We'll just have to reread your marvelous works.
    Shucks. :D

*~Telanna~*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.